It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last person on moon 36 years ago!!!????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Please explain to me why there hasn't apparently been an Earth resident setting foot on the moon since I was a young, pot smoking hippie in 1972?

Don't tell me it's for financial reasons, because I recently looked at the cost of America's 2 middle east wars, and the word trillion came up.

Is it because the space program is a sham, and a much more advanced black op program is the real deal?

Or is it that non-humanoids are prohibiting further moon landing activities? At least for now.

Am I right in saying something is fishy in this history of people, particularly American people, landing on the moon?

I'm confused. Please enlighten me.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hi there!

The total cost of the Apollo program was about $135 billion in 2005 dollars, including precursor programs, though more than half was for Apollo itself. Just for a few rock samples it is a waste of alot of money!

Well the war in Iraq is exeeding almost by Trilion dollers it is for a cause of oil more valueble then rock!

Tell me about these :

Or is it that non-humanoids are prohibiting further moon landing activities

[edit on 18/01/2008 by GUNSINWAR]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Gunsinwar, I wish I had inside information, but I don't.

I just think it's strange that no human has set foot on the moon in 36 years, the by-far most accessible non-terrestrial object available to our current technology.

Maybe I'm not understanding something.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Because NASA made it too routine for one thing. Apollo 13 broadcast from the way to the moon just before the explosion occured, and they didn't even put it on tv. Space became boring, and people wanted to know why we were bothering with it because we had bigger problems here on Earth. How many people even know the shuttle launched and is on the way to the ISS? Not many. It barely gets a clip on the news anymore.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Because the cold war ended in the 70's and the need for lying propaganda on such a grand scale is no longer required.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Please explain to me why there hasn't apparently been an Earth resident setting foot on the moon since I was a young, pot smoking hippie in 1972?

Great question, and one that has yet to be answered in a way I find remotely persuasive.

And now there IS a financial incentive...helium-3.

This is an old thread and it is now an incredible 45 years since anyone went to the Moon (if, indeed, they did).

No one...American, Russian, Chinese, European, whatever...no one has been back in nearly half a century. All sorts of probes launched to photograph distant planets, but no one has felt the enthusiasm to recreate the "giant leap for mankind".

'Fishy' isn't the word; downright stinky.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

It is possible, that thought you thought of as to why? is a logical thought

Like stay on your side of the fence neighbor...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Yep, its a sticky one, all sorts of snarky and both witty #e will get slung, still there really are only two logical and plausible possibilities .

We made it to the moon and now have a secret space program hidden from the public (which is what I like to believe) or its all an elaborate hoax.

edit on 18-9-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Because the earth is flat and covered by a impenetrable transparent dome.

new topics

top topics

join