It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke 19 verse 27 my favourite verse!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't understand why the OP isn't ashamed of himself. It's one thing to make a dreadful mistake. I make mistakes all the time. It's another thing entirely to defend it and exacerbate it. To claim a quote pulled form the middle of a parable as evidence of a conspiracy is poor scholarship and perhaps forgivable due to ignorance. To continue to justify it is just self depreciation.

I nominate this thread for skunk works.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

No one is supposed to go around killing anyone for we are not 'the king' but the 'servant' as the parable clearly states. The command is for the servants to do the killing... it doesn't say the king will be killing anyone.
Furthermore, this happens at 'the end of the age' and not during 'the king's' absence.

So Christians should kill unbelievers after Jesus returns?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

It's a parable Andre. What are you wanting me to say? That God is going to give us the 'pleasure' of tossing unbelievers into Hell personally at the end of time? Of course not.

It's a parable. This could even possibly be a reference to Armageddon when there is indeed a battle at the very end. However, this is pure speculation on my part.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Andre, if you read the scripture you are quoting, the person involved judges him self because he thinks God is a tyrant.

That's judgment. God is love.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join