It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we coming to as a human race?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am a person who resides in NY. It has just been reported on CBS local news that governor Spitzer has written his letter of resignation and he will be resigning as early as tomorrow. I can't believe it took him this long.
I am truly embarrassed as a NY'er right now. Between this snowballing scandal and the current campaign strategy of our NY Senator, I have seen enough. What the heck is this government we have coming too? What are we coming to by allowing them to get away with all of this? There are sooo many scandals that come to light on such a regular basis.
The thing that bothers me the most is that you start to trust them and what they are doing for your state. And they do do some good things. It just floors me that it seems more and more as if you really cannot trust a single politician. Their agendas are getting mind numbing.
It is like religion. They tell you to practice what you preach, yet most do not. Pretty sad state of affairs we are in in this country now a days. Is it going to ever change? Will anyone that can be trusted truly step forth and take control?
Between our healthcare, crime rate, foreign policy, currency, food, oil, climate change (warming/cooling), housing, homeless, jobless, overall economy, military, etc. when will it end? Will it ever end?
I am quickly losing hope in ourselves as a human race. To think that we claim ourselves to be the most intelligent species seems to be such an ignorant and arrogant statement to make.
I truly hope that we may come together as a species and do whatever we can to turn things around for the greater good.
Sorry if this seems like a rant, but I wanted to encompass and mention all of the things that involve each and everyone of us when we talk about current events. No matter how you look at it, things are not good right now. We can argue about it all day and night whether or not there are conspiracies in each of the above mentioned issues, but facts are facts. It truly comes down to whether we want to continue in this downward spiral of our world today or whether we want to ensure our existence into a well balanced global society of the future.

[edit on 3/12/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It should be expected. Our society bases the value of a person not on their deeds or their character, but upon the value of their possessions. Indeed, its a great irony that our society actually helps create an incentive for people to engage in morally questionable or downright criminal behavior for their own personal gain.

If you are poor, you are nothing in our society, regardless of the qualities you may possess as a person.

join