It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deja vus are annoying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I since small have deja vus , has i got older they increased , always i had one i would have that stupid smirk on my face by seing a scene that i already had seen before unfolding itself again right in front of my eyes.
But in theses days , deja vus are starting to get in my nerves , i find them annoying , anyone has or had the same "problem".

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Opposite for me - mine seem to be getting less frequent as I get older - maybe you're being lumbered with mine!

I seem to recall an article in New Scientist that said they were due to a sort of "crossed connection" in the brain - producing the feeling you get when you remember something while you're actually just observing a real-time event. A bit like an optical illusion: your brain thinks it knows what's going to happen, but you're just seeing what is happening and having it feel like a memory.
Sorry if that sounds a bit mixed-up!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marinedalek

I could probably agree with that assessment, all except for when I call the next event before it happens. I've done this on more than one occasion. What am I supposed to think about this?

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I agree to the fact that as I get older, a deja vu episode occurs less and less. I remember getting them quite a bit when I was in grade school, especially of one of children waiting in line for lunch to start.

I think they occur due to repeated actions, like kids waiting in line everyday for lunch. Maybe if you have a job that requires repedition, like in an assembly line, deja vu whould happen more frequently.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Finally someone else to share deja vus' with.
I used to have them all the time! But now as I've gotten older, it's not as common as it used to be!

I don't believe that "crossed connection" theory! The reason for that is because I could have dreams that were so vivid that I would recognize them as special several months or years before it happens as a "deja vu". I could remember when I dreamt it and what I was feeling and thinkin' at the moment. I have even told my girlfriend that this and that will happen sometime, and that she has to help me to remember it! Then several years or months later, when we sort of forgot about it, it would happen.

The annoying part for me is that the premonitions or deja vus or whatever you wanna call it, aren't very important! I don't dream ANYTHING of any importance! Just moments in my future life. Maybe important moments for me, but nothing that makes me wanna explore and use what I can do for greater causes or whatever!But I've actually experimented with it:
One time an episode I knew what was going to happen, I did things and said things different to what I knew was gonna happen! That was really strange! And I cannot discribe it in words!
I still have dreams that I know will happen in the future, but not many deja vu episodes lately!
It's when it totally stops I'm worried. Maybe that means I'm going to die?? Who knows!?! But I won't worry that, though.

Sorry if the post were a bit weird, but it's my first, so bare with me!!
But man, it was nice to see that I'm not alone with this "gift"!!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
my deja vus strangely are not from repeated action , they happen in all type of ocassions.
i dreamed too things that will happen in the future , but mundane things like walking in a street or watching some tv show etc , i too , never dream anything of importance.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I just had one last night. It hit me hard, even gave me a head rush. I remember when I was a few years younger, my knees would buckle from them. I find them to be mentally exhausting some times.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I find the opposite from most of the other posters. As I get older they seem to be more frequent. It could be just that I can't remember most of the ones from my youth.

The deja vus I seem to encounter aren't always from repeated actions, although a few could be explained that way. Some of the ones that really freak me out is when someone says something and I already knew what they were going to say! I'm in no way psychic but when that happens it always spooks me.

This happened just the other day when I was talking to a new neighbour. The moving men were bringing in their boxes and I was talking to the wife on the front porch. She asked mine and my husband's name and then I asked her's and her husband's. As she was telling me it was like time slowed down and I just KNEW what their names were already. I hope I didn't get a really stupid look on my face

It doesn't annoy me at all, just makes me stop for a moment and try to figure out when in my life I'd been in that situation before.

Michelle

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I don't really know if my dreams are showing me the future or if I mistake my deja vu's for dreams. I remember my first deja vu was when i was twelve-thirteen years old, and now im about 15 and they don't come as much now as whe i first started having them.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I kinda think that everybody sort of have the deja vu/dreams thing in to a surtain degree.
Some recognize it, some don't!
Many are more sensative one or serveral periodes of their life, others have it strongly "all the time", and maybe most don't have an open enough mind to explore what's happening and therefor ignore it!

Almost everybody I've been talking to about the deja vu's have experienced the same thing to a sertain degree. That makes me think about the areas in our brain we don't really use. Maybe a part "turns on" now and then?? Maybe that is why some of us can see things, feel things and experience things others cannot!

There are too many things about the human body we don't know anything about, and probably never will. It's a good thing we are able to share our theories and thoughts with each other, so we can expand our mind a little!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i get them about twice a month, and they havent increased in quantity, but they have been getting weirder, has anyone else had a triple de ja vu, were they have a de ja vu about having a de ja vu about having a de ja vu, its messed up, but it only happened to me once, and ill sometimes get double de ja vu

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I had deja vu yesterday! I was sitting in the computer room, with my son and his toys all strewn about. He had just gotten a new push type toy and was playing with it, when it hit me. I sat there watching him, and got a dreadful feeling in my stomach for some reason tho... and expected a knock on the door. When no knock came I was relived and the deja vu feeling passed.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is my first post on the site, so Hi. I actually registered because this topic is something that has been on my mind for quite some time now.

I tend to get deja vu quite often, and I dont enjoy the experience when it happens. It feels like my mind leaves my body and im viewing both what is actually happening and what is going on in my head from a 1st person and 3rd person perspective but both at the same time, and as someone else previously mentioned it is quite mentally exhausting.

Typically, I wouldn tend to disregard these phenomena as just mind tricks, but this brings me to something else that quite often happens involving my dreams.

This is that I see things from the future, not just from my future but other peoples too. The main problem with this is that because we all dream so much and alot of it is everyday things its quite hard to say that "this is going to happen next week" or "i have dreamed this, i must tell someone or prevent it".

The 2 examples I have of this are of the July 7th London Bombings, in which I dreamt that I was a citizen of London trying to get people to leave the underground because that a bomb was going to go off.... Within the space of a week the event had actually happened.
The other is where I dreamed I was a soldier in the middle east watching a helicopter crash to the ground... which soon after was in the news.

I wish I could tell for certain what these mean, whether they are 'visions' or just pure coincidence, but one thing is for sure, it is certianly happening to me. So does anyone else experience things like this? I would be interested to hear of other similar stories.

Also whether it is worth noting that my Mother and Greatgrandmother both have claimed to be spiritually gifted.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I do get deja vus from time to time. My friends think im mad when i suddenly mutter "deja vu" haha.

Though I tend to find them interesting rather than scary or annoying. Its a strange feeling, kind of nice to think that there may be more to life than we can see.

Ive seen someone try to explain deja vus but trying to show that time is actually cyclical, and that we have lived this life for before, and we shall live it again. Im not so sure about that theory myself...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I had another deja vu today at work.
I work as an electrician so Im constantly in different surroundings. It happened as I was putting some floorboards back down in a bedroom whilst listening to sex pistols - god save the queen on the radio. As soon as it got to a certian point in the song it just hit me that I had been here before listening to this song, screwing down these same floorboards with blue paint splattered all over them.

I would love to get to the bottom of this one!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have to comment on this because it is something a lot of people can relate on. That feeling you get when you experience dejavu.. its so eerily strange isn't it? Its weird to read people comment on how its "mentally exhausting" or how "time seems to slow down" because it is so true.
For that split second when it happens it almost feels like your looking at everything happening around you in third person. Then its gone and your just left there wondering why it happened in the first place.

new topics

top topics

join