It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israeli Deaths Matter More'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

'Israeli Deaths Matter More'

www.medialens.org

The Guardian’s front page declared: "the descent into violence in the Middle East accelerated last night" in a "dramatic escalation". (Rory McCarthy, ‘Eight dead as gunman hits Jerusalem religious school’, The Guardian, March 7, 2008). A Daily Mirror headline read: ‘Kids Murdered In The Library’ (Allison Martin, March 7, 2008). The Telegraph asserted that the attack “is likely to be remembered as the moment the Middle East peace process died.” (Tim Butcher, ‘Hopes of peace in the Middle East are blown away in a hail of bullets’, Daily Telegraph, March 7, 2008)

The contrast to reactions to the killing of over 120 Palestinians, including many women and children, in occupied Gaza the previous week could hardly be more striking. On one day alone, 60 people died in a hail of Israeli firepower using F-16 planes, Apache helicopter gunships, tanks, armoured bulldozers and ground troops.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Moderator Edit
>Please read>> *Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[color=#EEB4B4]* Please note that there is a [color=#FFE7BA]character limit of 500 characters [color=#EEB4B4]for the copied story snippet.

[color=#EEEEE0]Exceeding this character limit may result in drastic editing or your thread will be closed, moved or deleted.

[font=Arial Black][color=#CD5555]--khunmoon--
mod&member[/font]

[edit on 11/3/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Oh boy...This will be sure to send folks into a frenzy. Now I'm not condoning what EITHER side of these people are doing in terms of killing innocent civilians, but I must say that I have noticed EXACTLY what this article is referring to. When the Israelis get attacked, it's all over every MSM outlet there is. When they are bulldozing down Palestinian homes and setting up shop right over the skeletons, nary a mumble is heard. Again, I'm not condoning the violence from either side, but the reporting and grandiosity seems to be heavily one-sided.

www.medialens.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Quite honestly, I'm getting tired of hearing about either side attacking the other. Someone needs to stop the fighting, before they end up exterminating each other!!

I would have thought that by now, someone would have won this silly war. Wow, was I wrong!!

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I too have noticed the unbalanced way this situation is reported in the media. The only explanation that I could find for this is the fact that the US has always affirmed it's support for Israel, It could be another example of the US "powers that be" driving the media machine.

top topics

join