Install door crossbraces

Before Sitx

Check Generator
    Inventory fuel supply and fuel stabilizers

Take a breather!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Stared and Flagged...good list LLloyd.

The vehicle one I would suggest more weekly, just for proper vehicle maintainence, especially if you plan on your everyday car to be your BOV.

Also, you may want to add inspect magazines to the inventory, springs can go bad and cause serious issues. Also if your not going to the range more then once a month, and thusly not cleaning your weapons more than once a month right after going to the range, you need more practice, and need to take better care of your weapons.
Of course, you may not use all your weapons...so I can see your point on that.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DropInABucket

Good points DropinABucket.

The truck I use almost daily, so I check the tires, oil, coolant, and battery condition frequently. I also keep a box of spare parts like drive belts, hose clamps/hoses, igniton parts, and a backup alternator. It's not my primary vehicle, but I do use it regularly for hauling water, feed, etc.

I admit I'm lax about checking the springs on the mags except for the ones I use regularly. We go to the range about every two weeks as a family, but not all the guns are used. Everyone takes their favorites, then we swap them around. When we get home the first thing we do is clean them before putting them back in the safe.

I made the lists to spare myself the headache of trying to remember all that needs to be done pre and post SHTF. I know when you're under stress things tend to get forgotten or overlooked. I suggest everyone have a similar list. I have more detailed ones of my gear and supplies, but I thought that might fall into the category of talking too much.

Thanks for the great suggestions and the reply.

[edit on 3/12/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

May i suggest that u add clothing so u can patch up any holes u made and to wash them because clean clothing is more comfortable.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 5ealchris

oh yes i forgot to mention that another reason u might want to do this is so the clothes last longer and u wont have to waste time making new clothes if u just fix up the old ones.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Research, print and laminate a manual one how to filed dress game, what plants are edible and how to survive in the elements...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Great thread. Thanks are due to the one who started it and to those who have made contributions to it. Kudos, one and all!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I thought I read that Dick Cheany's minions will come and take that stuff away. So why stow it? Why checklists?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Great additions guys! I have things broken down further if anyone is interested in the specifics for the bugout vehicle emergency gear, first aid supplies, or the bugout bag itself. Just let me know. I don't want to waste thread space if it would be redundant to your own preps.

Plucky, they probably will try to confiscate the abovesaid items, but that's the purpose of caches. You should never have all your preps out in plain view for all the World to see. Keep the basics onhand and ready for use, and the rest securely stored and/or cached for when they're actually needed. There's an old saying about keeping all your eggs in one basket that seems to apply most expressedly here.

PS
The checklists are to let you know what items you actually have on hand, and which ones you still require. They also help you remember to rotate your food and water stocks, and maintain your weapons.

Guns that are not oiled and cleaned regularly tend to rust or get fouled up. Why spend all that money and not properly maintain your gear?

The food items are ocassionally borrowed for an emergency meal like when unexpected guest show up, and must be replaced. I need reminders because my memory is not as good as it once was, and the checklists helps me stay focused and on task.

[edit on 3/16/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I've been hanging around here for awhile (and am constantly amazed at the great amount and quality of material here on ATS.)
I had to register today to add this post, cause curiosity got the best of me.

How to you pronounce TEOTWAWKI? I googled "teotwawki pronounced" and got so many versions that I don't know WHAT to believe. Figured I check here, see what you think. Thanks in advance

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shakadolphin

How to you pronounce TEOTWAWKI?

"The End of the World as We Know it"?

TeeotWaakee

It almost sounds like a city in Hawaii...or Minnesota

I just call it "When the fecal matter hits the preverbial rotating oscillatior"

Now where did that topic go???

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Great additions guys! I have things broken down further if anyone is interested in the specifics for the bugout vehicle emergency gear, first aid supplies, or the bugout bag itself. Just let me know. I don't want to waste thread space if it would be redundant to your own preps.

I'm very interested, if only to cross-referance with my own lists, help me figure out if I missed anything that could be important. If you don't feel like posting it here and can just copy and paste it from a document, you could U2U the lists to anyone wanting to see them...like myself

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Test test

This thread OK?

top topics

join