It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate their spirit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by angryScientist

Originally posted by rawsom
Another somewhat different rant would be about the people, who actually think that whoever believes in Jesus is supposed to be messiah himself.

I just read that again. Did you mean to say that those that believe in Jesus are to be a messiah?

(I had to look this up because I think mostly about reality and not religion. The two are disparate.)

I was thinking about the aspect that because christians teach constructs they themselves are sometimes unable to follow, some think of them in disgust, anger or just plain faking to be saint.

My entire post was based on that and on my point that it doesn't really matter what people teach to others, they cannot always follow their own teachings. This applies to everybody. Therefore in my opinion it doesn't make sense to disregard people who act differently than what could be expected from their constructrs of reality.

Its a good thing to remind people about that every now and then, but an entire attitude that goes along somebody's whole life is a very different thing. Its not constructive, but creates opposition and hate instead.

My own religion.. well, most of the time its science. Rest of the time I feel something and take lots of teachings from different religions. Whatever I have found good, it doesn't matter who wrote it or where it came from.

In a nutshell: just because somebody has stolen something at some point in their life does not make it so that he should not be listened when he tells not to steal.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by angryScientist

Reply well done :-) I do not expect myself to act perfectly either, no matter what the principle. Generally speaking I hate principles because there always are situations where those don't apply that well.

Given a situation where there are only two bad choices and a principle not to harm anyone.. Like maybe having to choose which human being gets that organ transplant, you are not going to be able to keep your principles that well. That depends on principles, though.

For a long time, I have had a belief that only perfect principle system is something that is relative in every possible situation. I quickly found out that it is a very, very heavy system to follow. Emotional stress in such a system is enormous. So, I just choose not to follow realtivity in everything, although I often do.

That's a system which works well enough for me. I don't mind people having different systems..

<< 1   >>

join