It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pupils should pledge allegiance to the Queen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Pupils 'to take allegiance oath'

School-leavers should be encouraged to swear an oath of allegiance to Queen and country, says a report commissioned by Gordon Brown on British citizenship.

Report author, ex-attorney general Lord Goldsmith, says it would give teenagers a sense of belonging.

Came across this story today and thought it would be interesting to debate. Considering there's another thread about 'Britishness' and nationalism, I'm curious to hear what others think about this idea?

I personally believe it is laughable that somebody would suggest such a thing in this day and age, it's quite possibly one of the least democratic things you could recommend for a supposedly democratic country, to suggest that young people should swear an oath of allegiance to an unelected monarchy.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Exactly, but if you see alot of things that are going on these days it's not so suprising. Nationalism is on a rise along with many other scary things; but still the Queen and other supposed "Elites" are members of the Bilderberg Group (google: Bilderberg). There is tons of information online with photos/videos of supposed elites attending meetings; Such as Rothschild, Rockerfeller, politicians from the US, Britain and other countries. But no media is ever present. No citizen is allowed to hear what goes on in these secret meetings. That is very suspicious. I suggest being Critical of todays leaders. Technology is really changing the world.

join