It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Person Family Found Crammed in Car; 5 of Them in The Trunk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

14-Person Family Found Crammed in Car; 5 of Them in The Trunk

www.spiegel.de

Cops in Germany pulled a car over on a Bavarian autobahn on Thursday evening. They could not believe their eyes when they inspected the vehicle.

How many people can you squeeze into a British phone box? This question has obsessed some people for decades. Now a similar conundrum appears to have been solved by a family stopped by German police: How many people fit into a five-seater car? The answer, it appears, is 14.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
In the front were two men, and in the back seat was a youngster flanked by two women, both of them with their laps occupied by two small children, and five more in the trunk. Relatives from their starting point had to get them, using multiple cars.

"We asked them what they were doing and they explained that they were on their way to Romania, but they had no money with them," said spokesman Peter Grimm, who added that they could go no farther because they would need 14 seat belts.

Strange part here, police say: "due to the fact that the Opel Vectra did not have 14 seatbelts". How about 14 PEOPLE INSIDE A 5 SEAT CAR?!!!!!! Maybe they should start installing seat belts in the trunk!

....and I thought the Mexicans were good.

www.spiegel.de
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
hahaha, that's nothing, 14 people in a Mustang Hatchback 1987 High School...
Yes, it's possible, Yes it's fun, Granted we were all a bit smaller in High School, but still, the cops never pulled us over, however times were a bit different then.

But still, funny news, haha. Good post!

Also just reminded me of the time, not to long ago, like maybe 4 years, when I went bar hoping with about 16 cops, afterwards to get everyone back to their cars, as we all parked in same lot except for my car, we were able to get 9 full grown people in a 4 door dodge neon.. haha, as I ask the question, "what do I tell the officer, if pulled over about our little delima", response was: Don't worry about it we have enough badges in the car to not worry about it.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by WalkOn]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WalkOn

While your story is funny, the cops pulling favors that way isn't.

I was almost run over by a state cop going 50 in a 25 last month, ostensibly speeding to a call. He was going so fast he got airborne going over a hump in the road...

(Found out it wasn't a call, just a group of cops watching them finish breaking down a small dam across a river near here that had been up for 80-100 years). Sheesh.

Anyway, had to rant on that.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Badge01]

new topics

top topics

join