It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally the Truth is Spoken!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Take a moment to read this news article.

CNN.com

There is nothing that angers me more, than when the truth is suppressed and denied for fear of what people think.

Yes. You do not need two braincells to understand Barack Obama is in this unique position due to the attractiveness of his race.

If the truth hurts, then the truth is not the problem.

[edit on 2008/3/11 by SteveR]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Very true... I think Obama supporters if not Obama himself have used the race card enough.

He shouldn't be a candidate cause he's "black" (in reality, he's only 1/2 black... and 1/2 white... but no one says anything about that), and if you don't like him you shouldn't be called racist. Candidates should succeed based on the content of their efforts, and the experience they have obtained.

This is all just wrong, if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
MARKETING is the root of all modern day evil.

MonKey

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JessicaS
reply to post by SteveR

(in reality, he's only 1/2 black... and 1/2 white... but no one says anything about that),

i'll say something about this. this is prolly the SOLE reason why he gets a majority of the white votes. esp in the southern states. and yeah i used the race card..but in situations like these the race card is prevalent. and if you can't see that then ur blind.

*awaits massive hate for this post*

[edit on 12-3-2008 by LordInfamous]

[edit on 12-3-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have to think it is not about race.
I think the blacks were supporting Hillary, up untill it started to look like Obama could actually win.
They have nothing to loose.
The reason they will vote for him, is that if he looses, they only get who they would have gotten, anyway.
The reason Hillary is loosing is she was in too big of a hurry to get rid of all the other Democrats who were running.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

I would have to agree with you, that probably does win some white votes too. Think about it, they call him "black", feel good because they are voting for a "black" candidate, when in reality it's only because he's 1/2 white he gets some of the vote.

However, I still think playing a race card (no matter what race) in an election is dirty play as well as just plain wrong. Why does it matter he's black, why can't people just look at him and make the decision based on his merits, experience and his actions?

Using the "You just say that cause I'm black" excuse for everything in my opinion is just wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JessicaS

Have you failed to notice that it's not BARACK who's playing the race card?

I mean really, have you been paying attention?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessicaS
Using the "You just say that cause I'm black" excuse for everything in my opinion is just wrong.

And ain't we seen alot of that lately!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Newsflash!!!!

Wall Street Journal extols some common sense!!!! Who'd of thought it?

Must Read

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

“Are some voters not going to vote for me because I’m African-American? Those are the same voters who probably wouldn’t vote for me because of my politics,”

Source www.breitbart.com...

That was written by AP writer By Nedra Pickler.

So, if I don't share Obama's politics I wouldn't vote for an African-American. In essence if you don't vote for him your racist. How is this NOT playing the race card?

I think the Wall Street Journal has it right, he's to quick to do the race card. That is not what Martin Luther King Jr wanted. He wanted everyone to be equal, not a swing of the balance of power from one race to another. He wanted the world color blind, but in essence it's gone the other way. Now, if you say anything at all, no matter how ridiculous, your racist.

Heck it's been proven here on AbovePolitics. Just read any post against him and you will find one comment out there that says "you are just saying that cause your racist."

Wrong, Just Wrong.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I think it's unavoidable. I don't really like any of the candidates right now, but on the democrat side I support Obama over Hillary just because I can't stand Hillary. Why do I like Obama? I suppose he's charismatic. That's what we need right now; a president that everyone can like. Does he seem more charismatic because he's a relatively young, fit, black guy? I don't know - possibly. It's not just Obama, either. How many women have I heard say that they're voting for Hillary because she's a woman? Too many. My girlfriend is very intelligent, and she's even admitted to me that if it weren't for Obama, she'd be voting for Clinton simply because she wants to see a woman in office. Is it terrible? Certainly. Is it wrong? Yes. It definitely caused some tension, but I've come to realize that this stuff is unavoidable and just let it be.

Until we can somehow keep race, gender, religion, and other things like that hidden until the end of the election, people are going to judge based on those things.

new topics

top topics

join