It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Big Questions About SPITZER Sex Scandal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I suppose he thought he was "smarter" than the feds he used to work with.

You know what's really funny. It was the Patriot Act that undid him in the end. They started watching him because of the large transactions out of his accounts, even though he broke it up into smaller amounts to avoid just that.

I wonder how long until the rest of the politicians realize they might be next and rush a new bill through congress...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Sioux,

I believe you were talking about Marion Barry, mayor of the District of Columbia.
Arrested on drug charges, I believe. Re-elected a couple years after.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by PatriotGames2]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Even if they did, why would they jeapordize their source of income by blowing the whistle?

I'll assume that was an unintended pun

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Question #1- It's an election year. This has probably been sat on until now. Can't have an election without mudslinging. I read that he endorses Hillary.

Question #2- Funny. If he doesn't use it can I?

So true. He is a superdelegate and supports Hillary. "They" popped him now only to deprive/affect Hillary. Zounds! Echos of Bill Clinton's sex scandal.

As we all know here on ATS, "we pseudo-elect" who is chosen for us.

Back on topic: Wake up America and legalize sex. It will solve a lot of problems. Yes, by Jingo, let's emulate Amsterdam. They actually have a monument to the homosexual victims of violence. They are open-minded in a lot of areas.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
1. You rat a client out, you are probably finished in the sex business.

And potentially, you could end up worse than that. I can't imagine this kind of business run without reliable enforcers/owners. You get my drift.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

HDF,

I agree there is more to this story than meets the eye.

If he had seen a hooker a couple of times and been caught I would buy the story as presented. But 6 years!!

Think about it. This guy is a former attorney general. He knows how these things work. He must have felt safe! WHY and HOW did he feel safe to repeatedly see prostitutes? He was extremely high profile and well known the women definitely knew who he was no doubt!

On the surface of it I am glad he resigned today. But there is much more below the surface on this story. I expect to hear allot more in the coming days.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Leo

Great point!

Maybe there was more to this-
like an understanding between him and the bosses...

THAT would really be bad... much worse than the illegal sex acts themselves for a Governor... um, I mean former Governor.

I wonder where the FULL text is of ALL the wiretapped conversations.

Will they be on SMOKING GUN soon?

And by the way- do you think it will come out...
the "weird" things he wanted to do, sexually?

It was referred to in the transcipts, but not fleshed out, no pun.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
While what he did was wrong.
I can't help but think all this is due to the enemies he's made in high places.
Also since my tax dollars were used to wire-tap this ring.
I want to know who were clients 1 thru 8

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
She did cross state lines (which made it a federal offense), so she might not have lived in the same state. I think part of the high price is the anonymousity of the meeting.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This wasn't a prostitution bust. Eliot was being investigated by the feds for money laundrying. The escourt service was just a bonus to the investigation.

What I am curious about is what do you get for $5,500/hr?!?

[edit on 12-3-2008 by ferretman2]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

The fact is, these callgirls cater to an extremely elite clientele. And Spitzer, though a governor, was probably nobody special to the Emperors Club. They undoubtedly had much bigger fish as clients over the years.

As for whether they watch CNN, I daresay many of these ladies are more intelligent that the average Sally and watch not only CNN but the financial pages in order to monitor their portfolios.

Also, as has been mentioned, ratting out a client is a career-ender in the sex business.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Being Attorney General means creating many enemies. Being Governor means creating even more enemies. I would say that based on what has happened that Spitzer has more enemies in powerful and crucial places than he has friends. It seems as if one or a couple of his "friends" never really liked him that much anyway. Know what I mean?

One thing is for sure is that it is a game government officials play. Somebody just lost power, Spitzer, and somebody just gained power, "unknown". What we can take to the bank is that Spitzer's demise was about money. Money is always a factor.

There are so many lawmakers caught in sex scandals and drug scandals that you'd they would collectively have enough influence to change laws to suit them. That they'd legalize prostitution and drugs. Well, those lawyers aren't benefited well in that way. They are benefited more by prosecuting and defending criminal cases. They benefited with "favors" from constituents. Constituents who also benefit well with the laws remaining as they are. Therefore, lawmakers choose to not make laws that would have a significant impact on their business and career models, instead choosing to risk illicit behavior whenever they think that they can get away with it.

No doubt, if it has been known for 6 years that Spitzer was using prostitutes, then somebody has had it out for him. Sounds like an uneasy truce was broken in Spitzer's disfavor.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Spitzer gained the spotlight because of the investigation, that's true enough. But you know there's a high probability that the Feds have also learned the names of other special and elite clients who have used the same prostitution ring that Spitzer was using. The catch is that they were investigating Spitzer and not the other guys and gals.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

When Spitzer was attorney general and seeking the support for his run for governor I recall some politicians were afraid to say anything negative against him out of fear of retaliation from him. Sometimes instant Karma is a wonderful thing.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So after all of this time and money the only thing the Patriot Act has done for us is to net a few Ladies and Johns.

If you think about it, this is the kind of stuff the PTB wanted to use it for anyway - control.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I think question #1 is flawed, he wasn't dealing with a hooker.

Any woman who can charge $5,000 dollars an hour for sex is not a prostitute, she is a business woman and a damn smart one at that. She knows that the first time she flips on a client the money will go bye bye and she'll never have another client willing to pay out that kind of cash.

The first time she talks, the business is dead.

They were very smart about this as well. A client would call and they would have one girl they could send out but would say, "We have Amber who is $1,000 dollars and hour or Julie who is $5,000 dollars an hour." and he would go for the higher priced girl, even though Amber and Julie were the same girl.

My only other comment on this is if I paid $5,000 for an hours worth of sex, they'd better have to be calling 911 when that hour was up. I had better see stuff I've never seen before or even thought was possible

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
My theory is he t'd off the wrong people. They put PI's on him and it wasn't long before they found dirt.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join