It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.A.S.A livefeed image.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well Due to the flap going on in another thread here on ATS i decided to make some time to look at the livefeed.

And here is what i snapped using printscreen.

Can anyone explain to me what the semicircle object behind the space arm is ?

Thanks for popping into the thread all comments are very welcome.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
looks like just the reflection of light off the lense to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yes, lens flair was the first thing to pop into my head as well. However,
I really can't say what it is. Too many variables I imagine in orbit up there.

Vance

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
could it be a part of the moon we're seeing here, i just finished watching the recap of the launch, and saw the semi-circle there, and it reminded me of a partially lit moon.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm with the others who say it's lens flare. You can see the sky directly above is a bit brighter as if the sun or something is in that direction, but out of frame...I don't think it is a coincidence that the sky is brighter directly above the location of the object in question.

I have my own screen cpature of that "glare" or "flare" or whatever...this photo is captured right before the OP's (they were in the process of swinging the robotic arm out of the payload bay).

In my photo, the arm's joint is right at the "flare", and you can just barely make out that light tan color on the whit portion of the robotic arm joint, meaning the object is NOT behind the joint -- although I admit this is very hard to see in this capture...it looked better on my computer.

top topics

join