It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existance..please help me figure it out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think almost every day for hour's how did life start.

I don't meen the big bang.
Or energy createing mass from thin air.

They say energy has allway's existed.
And can never die.
But this can not be True.

Energy has no form but it can create matter....that made the planet's...
It don't add up.

The base of all my thinking lead's me to belive at one time they was NOTHING not even a void ...nothingness.

Think hard on this.
Nothing can exist without not existing first.
otherwise it wouldn't or couldn't exist.
So is existance in just our human mind's?

If all thing's must start somewhere..aka birth..creation...ect...
eventualy our sun will blow up run out of energy.
something will eventulay end man kind.

yes the sun earth ect... will be made into enrgy.
But mater is energy and so in a way life goes on .
Just not as we know it.

But still energy had to have a birth..awakeing...
otherwise we could just say the planet's could have allways been there.

wind air allways been there.

plant's give us air...wasn't allways plant's ..if so how many plant's have you seen flying in space.

there is ice flying in space... frozen water...h20 oxyogen...but we can't breath in space...
how did water get there?
poof magic...?

same with energy...poof magic it's allways been there...or pooof magic it appear's from thin air..

And if energy has allways existed would that not make it GOD of everything?
thus it's allways with us and never leave's and allways hear's us....
becouse we are made of it?

ok i shall stop.
AS you can see energy

A .....allway's existed and our closest link to what all relegion's call god.

B ..had to be Born or it could not exist....can't hatch the chickhen without the egg...
or can't hatch the egg with out the chickhen ..lol

Basicly everything has to have a origin.

even the vaste viod..of emptyness i claim had to exist.

as you can see it circle talk's lol but anyon every think about this matter beside me?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Why does a void need to have a beginning? A void explains in itself that it is absent. Absence can not have a beginning or an end. and wa-la. Absence = eternity... they are the same guy having an identity crisis. Think about it.
Hope you come to grips with whatever you're looking for.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Beforetime, you're trying to answer one of the most profound questions ever. Good on you for trying.

Nobody has managed to answer it fully; not philosophers, scientists, or religious devotees, but have formed their own paradigms that, if it at all possible, only make the subject even more difficult to comprehend.

IMO, the answer will come, but is still some time away.

But before it happens there has to be a revolution, a complete collapse of the walls between secular study and theology that will result in a symbiotic pairing of all the disciplines mentioned above.

I fully believe that the answer will be discovered by scientists working within the guiding frameworks of philosophical thought and religious insight. Each answers part of the problem individualy, it is just down to us to combine them correctly.

The more we delve into quantum physics and spooky sciences, IMO (and some scientists), the nearer we get to "the mind of God". To know one, one has to accept the other; to understand how the universe and existence works we have to relent to uncomfortable realities.

This material realm is infinitely stranger than we can ever imagine, and in that we should realise we are seeing the works of something profound.

I'll stop here at the risk of sounding like a Jedi.

Just my 2cent.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Beamish]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Yeah I always kind of wondered the same thing... like what iz the point of life and why the heck are we here in the first place. Or what happens when we die... as we delve deeper into science I think we will find the answer to this question when we delve deeper into particle physics and string theory...
hopefully we won't have all killed each other before we do...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I believe we don't yet have the needed ability/experience, a 'missing link' if you will -- to be able to percieve and comprehend such complexities. Right now we're only able to deal with what we have here -- in the physical, in the now.

Once we've overcome that -- perhaps we'll find that 'missing link', or perhaps it will find us, if we're ready.

For now, the only way we can accurately and truthfully explain anything passed that boundry -- is to be very general and nonspecific.

"Given the nature of such an inconceivable complexity, the Universe can only be described as simply an impossibility, defined by infinite possibilities."

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There could never have been a beginning. There will never be an end.

For there to have been a beginning, a state of nothing would have had to have preceded any beginning, and nothing is an impossible state to have ever been.

By this I mean, try to define nothing, that state before any so-called "in the beginning." You can't. Even a state of nothing is something, because nothing is what everything else is not, and that is still something ~ a definition, a definable state.

In other words, you can not define zero without inferring that zero is not one, or two, or three, and so on.

Therefore, everything, the entire definition of what nothing is not, has always existed, because zero is impossible. Many call it the multiverse.

Everything is, was, and always will be.

As for what all this is, the multiverse of all possible possibilities, and how it all came to being defined, I blame that on logic. Logic is god. Logic prevents nothing from ever having been possible. And isn't that what we have and are? We are what nothing is not.

The miracle is not that all this exists. Rather, it would have been a miracle if nothing ever was possible.

And as for the nature of reality, I do believe all this is an illusion. Occam's Razor. It need not be really real, not in any true physical sense that you may think it is.

If you've ever been fooled by a non-lucid dream before, and never thought to question the illusionary nature of THAT seemingly believable really real reality, while you were experiencing it, you should realize it could be another illusion right now too.

I might even go so far as to speculate that all this could simply be gods dream, as logic goes on forever, attempting to define what nothing is NOT.

Before the beginning, zero, is logically impossible. Everything is, was, and always will be.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Divinorumus]

new topics

top topics

join