It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bases in the Netherlands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hi there folks. I've been reading this forum for a while now and i'd never actually started a new topic.
However, after reading the posts on secret and underground bases, there is one question that fills my mind.
I live in the Netherlands and i was wondering:

Are there any of these bases in the Netherlands?

I can imagine that a huge country like America has these bases. It is a worldleading country and they have had some wars in history. So they have plenty of reasons to have them.
But what about a small country as the Netherlands? Do they have reasons to have (or build) them? If so, why?

You can ask the same questions for other countries as well, like Belgium or Sweden.

Your opinion please...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well there are NATO bases all around Europe, and we do have some bases in Germany and the UK. Im not sure about the Netherlands though....

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You're right about the NATO-bases. I know they have to be somewhere.
But the more i think about it, the more i'm starting to believe that there are no secret bases in our country.
I can't recall even one piece of land that is 'suspicious' and that'll make me think that 'there is something'.
So, i'm living in a country that is pretty boring or that's real great in keeping secrets.

We don't have an secret alien base like in an abandoned area, like Area 51. We don't have a secret base into some sort of mountain like Mount Weater.
We don't even have a big piece of abandoned land or a big mountain to put a secret facility in!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well if your looking for weird looking places you might be barking up the wrong tree. The most secret, classified stuff can be done in just a regular looking office building. You never know....

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Guess that's why they call it 'secret' then

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I don't know about secret bases but I know the nukes are stored at Gilze Rijen and in Valkenburg. (The nukes we are officially not to have that is)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I've seen posts from Dutch_Rick about a base in Holland, but he's not on ATS anymore i believe.

We should start a searchparty

I'm not sure if i want to know where it is, it would be hard to refrain myself from looking for it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speedjuh
I can't recall even one piece of land that is 'suspicious' and that'll make me think that 'there is something'.
So, i'm living in a country that is pretty boring or that's real great in keeping secrets.

We don't have an secret alien base like in an abandoned area, like Area 51. We don't have a secret base into some sort of mountain like Mount Weater.
We don't even have a big piece of abandoned land or a big mountain to put a secret facility in!

I'm from Belgium myself, and reading through ATS I started to think the same thing as you

Belgium and the Netherlands are very small countries in comparison to Amercia, and how bigger the country, how easier to cover things up I guess... When you look at Belgium and the Netherlands you can see that the areas are very flat, so there are no great mountains which can contain a military base.
I've been to america once, and it struck me that there where lots of open places there... With no buildings for miles and miles to come, and then in the middle of nowhere between the mountains there is a small town... Once you pass it there is again miles and miles of nothing... You don't have that over here in Belgium or in the Netherlands... So I think that nature over here just doesn't lend itself for such purposes.
If you google it you can find lots of UFO sightings in Belgium though. Even one that ended in an F16 chase. But being Belgian, the pilots stopped chasing the UFO's once they reached the border (or at least that's how I THINK the story goes, I'm not sure, it's been awhile).

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Good to see another Belgian here at ATS

Secret bases as mentioned here in many other threads at ATS, huge underground and topsecret facilities, dont think we have anything that size in Belgium or the Netherlands.

But military bases where we know very little about, and have no access or authority, sure we have, Kleine Brogel is one.

American Airbase, home to an estimate of 10 to 20 B61-nuke-missiles.
Remains of the cold war, and the base is declared American territority.
So yes, in fact we have no nuclear missiles on Belgian soil

There are said to be underground facilities and bunkers as for storing the missiles, but no further details are public.

Twenty years or so ago, lots of manifestation were held against the presence of nuclear weapons in our land.
Now no one cares, besides the growing feeling of insecurity concerning maintenance and the installation becomming outdated.

I really think Belgium is way too small to hide anything bigger than that being unnoticed

Greetz

Emipie

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Well Belgium and Holland would make a very good place to hide a base just because of that. The best hiding places are in plain sight

[edit on 10-1-2009 by locster]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think beneath the echelon base at zoutkamp would be a good place to hide such a base

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Not sure about the Netherlands. Apparently they're doing it in Norway. Take this video for what it's worth, but I suspect other countries are following suit.

I'm sure people will say this video has made it's rounds, and been thoroughly 'discredited', but I thought it might be relevant to this thread.

For original source: www.projectcamelot.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Emipie

It was in fact your own defense minister.Crem who told about Brogel[Belgium] and Volkel[holland] were nucleair missiles are stored. In fact NATO has more of these sites in Germany, Italy, Greece and Turkey.
There is an american munition support squadron to protect the arms in peacetime but in wartime our own airforces could be deployed with the nukes and drop them.

www.nu.nl...

In can imagine the Ardennen is a great lace to hide stuff.. I was thinking about shelter vaults near my home aswell, i Think most cities of prox. 30.000 people have them but only 1 or 2000 people can be put in there.
I heard something about the Dunes in The Hague which has secret test sites and bunkers..

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
reply to post by Emipie

It was in fact your own defense minister.Crem who told about Brogel[Belgium] and Volkel[holland] were nucleair missiles are stored. In fact NATO has more of these sites in Germany, Italy, Greece and Turkey.
There is an american munition support squadron to protect the arms in peacetime but in wartime our own airforces could be deployed with the nukes and drop them.

www.nu.nl...

In can imagine the Ardennen is a great lace to hide stuff.. I was thinking about shelter vaults near my home aswell, i Think most cities of prox. 30.000 people have them but only 1 or 2000 people can be put in there.
I heard something about the Dunes in The Hague which has secret test sites and bunkers..

Really, the dunes in The Hague? Since im only 10 kilometers (4 or 5 miles?) away from them i will check them out sometime.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Speedjuh

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
reply to post by Emipie

www.nu.nl...

I doubt it i go alot to the dunes and it's just to crowded for them to secretly have a bunker there i wouldnt see where they could do that without getting noticed.

new topics

top topics

join