It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO UFO's opperate with blinking light or not. whats your vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Some have lights and some do not. Some are just more covert than others. Also, as other people are saying, the lights could have different purposes.

Here's one thought I have. Assume that more than one alien race/government/organization is visiting Earth for this. One group of aliens could be the cause of the UFOs with lights. As for the other crafts, maybe no one has ever seen them? It's possible that they're just THAT good at staying hidden. Different groups of aliens could have slightly different objectives, equipment, and technology.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karras
Maybe the lights are there to confuse people into believing they see a plane (or some other flying craft that we have)?

John Keel suggested this back in the 1970s with his book "Operation Trojan Horse." He included several witness descriptions of odd objects that appeared to be pretending to be ordinary aircraft, but missing parts necessary for flight.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

John Keel suggested this back in the 1970s with his book "Operation Trojan Horse." He included several witness descriptions of odd objects that appeared to be pretending to be ordinary aircraft, but missing parts necessary for flight.

Yes, I've been reading some of Jacques Vallee's books, he mentions similar things like this. Maybe the alien's aren't so smart after all.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
From what I can tell the orangy glow lights on the bottom are for propulsion (more just a goldy/orange glow) as that's a by product of the supposed coil based propulsion and it's output. Look at the usual triangle UFOs with the 'pods' on each corner which often are seen to glow.

As for lights on them, from the photos I've seen it'd be for attention.

The UFO I personally saw was a big glowing 'sphere' type.. where the whole craft seems to a emit light as a dull orange glow with a brighter centre.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by GhostR1der]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I saw what looked like a classic cartoon flying saucer in 1974 with 5 other people. It had a short mast over the central dome with a steady blue light. White lights were sequencing around the rim or the whole thing might have been spinning. We couldn't tell for sure. I have no idea why they need, or use, lights.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My vote: All of the above. That is;

Some have lights, some do not (at least do not "show" lights). Some lights are blinking/flashing, some are not. Some of the lights are self-emitting, some are ambient (as in portholes, hatchways, etc.). Some result from propulsion, some from ionization of the air around them, some when simply emitting a gas or electric charge.

Some are used for propulsion, some for navigation, and some for communication. Depending on the type/purpose of the craft (scout/recon, transport, mothership, etc.) they may also have other lights reported from time to time, such as, spotlights, floodlights, and powerful searchlights.

Finally, some have reported to emit a glow or lights as they enter or leave the atmosphere, as they "charge up" their systems (a la Lazar, et al), and as they move between different mediums.

In the end - who knows for sure? Until we can all be finally reassured of their inevitable existence all we'll have is grainy photos and video, the testimony of questionable witnesses, and Hollywood interpretations of what the rest of us think we ought to see.

In the meantime, most of us will drift through the literature and in forums like ATS pondering "the lights" in way reminiscent of a quote by Uri Geller:

"I've seen lights in the sky, I've seen UFOs, I've even seen something on the ground that I can't explain, but I've never actually seen a being. I wish I had."

Keep up the good work - and keep looking up!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs
lets imagine for a moment that a very convincing video of a ufo langing or flying about was filmed.. or for lack of imagination, lets say you witnessed this spectacle.

you notice that the ufo had a blinking light on the top sides and bottom.

do you feel these beings would construct a craft with blinking lights..

some say only human intelligence would do such a thing..

we do need to seperate our ufo believers into two sides with this one.

my vote is that ufo's do omit light for SURE.

manmade UFO technology is going to be diffrent than a real UFO. Manmade UFO technology like the hitler UFO or other forms of experimental aircraft have normal regulations for design. Beacon lights like those of jetliners. In my opinion a real UFO is not going to be something that is plane as day it is going to be something designed for infiltration or distance to avoid direct contact.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The lights are coming from the propulsion system they use. Some people like David Sereda believe they pulsate and that "they have taken solid mass, changed the frequency into a high energy waveform and managed to conquer light speed"...but with some of the things I've heard David Sereda talking about recently on C2C, I don't know if he's losing some marbles.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
They can mimic any flying aircraft they want even down to the sound if need be.

The beings can communicate with any one of you in any language you speak if they choose too!

They think we are evolving to slowly and observe us closely.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The craft I saw had only 6 non-strobe, white lights. Whether or not it was alien or terrestrial, I don't know. I describe it in this thread, which also has in it FAA regulations concerning lights, for those interested:
FAA lighting laws, must there be strobe? (ATS)

It is safe to say that UFOs likely have a combination of blinking and non-blinking lights, or other emissions, depending on many variables including who/what built it, their motivations/intentions, etc etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this up OP.

I have seen 4 UFO's in my life and one of them was a blinking red light. I assumed it was a satellite going across the sky, it was small. Then I heard a pop and watched it shoot out of the atmosphere.

It was a UFO,it did have a blinking red light, but all the other crafts I saw afterwards did not.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Why would an otherwordly vehicle, capable of course corrections in nanoseconds as we can learn from ufo witnesses reports, use signaling lights for?

Concepts of a protocol of conduct and identification should be in the vocabulary of any race more advanced than ours, since we already use them and they seem to be visiting a place with protocols established, earth, or at least we could assume that civilizations with similarities would take more interest in another society than a civilization finding far less similarities.

If protocols from different civilizations are to be preserved while visiting a common ground like Earth then a system of hierarchies must be existent also in that common contact area. A supervising authority exceeding the technological capabilities of even the more advanced civilizations visiting this common ground. Another authority that could literally be an enforcer of conduct.
A canon of signaling sequences of visual identification compatible with the common ground (earth) civilization archetypes but not for contacting the common ground visited civilization if low level thus still unable for any meaningful contacts, but for signaling a possible all present invisible and non influencing supervising authority, and also contacting other civilizations being present at general at the same time in the same visiting ground (planet) either because forward mentioning intentions is a way of showing true peaceful intentions in case of members from different civilizations meet at same visiting ground but have rivalries in other grounds (worlds)

Not being stealthy while you seem to posses the capability to do so, can be one of the best displays of not seeking actively any contention in the grounds you visit, both to any supervising authority you might suspect it exists (you have prior knowledge of, in other situations or environments) or at any other member of another civilization you suspecting being present that could actively respond against you in case you initiate contention against a neutral ground, in order for them to strike a balance of power between you both.

It could be the only real reason, plus some times might also be byproducts of technology used as others mentioned.

You must have protocols of intentions when in encounters or situations that possibility of encounters is increased, if you own technology that can display many capabilities and you are currently using it, even for peaceful purposes.

It is a fundamental necessity when more than one subject exists that is operating technology, in a medium where others are probably doing the same.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by spacebot]

[edit on 14-3-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I've never seen a UFO 'in the flesh', and I don't think that those who haven't seen a UFO with the naked eye have the right to comment nor speculate whether they have lights or not - because they don't know. My work colleague, on the other hand, who DID see a UFO many years ago, described blinking lights. I believe him. I think we should just hear from those who have actually seen the things up in the sky, as they are the ones that know. The rest of us are full of 'keyboard warrior' hot air!

[edit on 14-3-2008 by RiotComing]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I tend to agree.

A recent multiple witness sighting I had started as a crimson blob appearing in the sky in front of us. Suddenly appearing rather than being suddenly noticeable. It moved closer until "flying" across in front of us maybe a few hundred metres away and at around the same altitude. As it got closer the light started to blink, almost in a vain attempt to resemble blinking navigation lights.

At no time was any structure seen other than the light itself, the crimson was not the same as the usual red for aircraft lights, there was no flashing green, no white forward light or cabin lights and the size of the crimson blob would have meant that if it was on a wing the plane would have been larger than a 747.

No sound until passing in front when it sounded similar to a tractor with a misfire, again almost a pathetic attempt to sound like a small single engined plane.

Dissapeared out of view because of a roofline. Visibility was excellent, although dark, was in an area where there simply are no flights, the nearest airfield being pretty distant.

The other witnesses all coming to the conclusion that it must have been a plane because it couldn't have been anything else, being simply unable to label it an UFO sighting.

Coupled with the fact I only visited the place because of a previous sighting and that I had been meditating with a view to encouraging seeing something only moments earlier then personally I was convinced I had seen something unexplainable in terms of conventional aerial traffic.

Therefore I think that just if something is seen with blinking red lights it doesn't necessarily mean it's origin is terrestial and certainly doesn't preclude it from being an UFO.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here is what i believe. IF there is inteligent life out there that can make the trip to earth from another planet, don't you think that they would be well aware of how our aircraft work and what the lights represent? Wouldn't it be in their best interest to mimic our lights on aircraft to fly at night that way they would very easily blend in to the rest of the aircraft lights? Just think about it , you could be watching the skies at night looking for UFOs and they are there except for you cannot discern them from normal aircraft due to the fact they are emmiting lights that make them look like normal aircraft. Just some food for thought.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As I've said a few times in other threads... Who can say what alien motivation or reasoning would be.

What might be logical to us, thus motivating us to do it, might be totally illogical or impractical to an alien mind.

Of course, there's always the possibility that certain problems always require certain types of solutions. It's therefore entirely possible that despite having a mind that's totally alien to the human way of thinking, an ET would come up with the same solution to the same problem.

With regards to flashing lights, and the occasionally seen spectacular lightshow... I suspect that those displays are more for our benefit than theirs. What better way to gradually increase individual awareness around the planet, WITHOUT treading on any toes of TPTB, than to allow individuals worldwide to catch a glimpse of something strange/otherworldly/spectacular?... and what better way to retain mystery and doubt about the whole phenomenon, to the rest of the uninitiated world, than to do it at night with a few strange lights or a spectacular light show.

I do find it slightly amusing when I see skeptics questioning WHY aliens would be visiting us: WHY so many sightings, since you don't need so many to investigate or study a planet: WHY abduct 'normal' people, when there are so many homeless and destitute around the world that no one would miss... or WHY abduct at all: or even WHY would an alien craft have blinking lights... etc, etc

They are ALIEN... why would an alien do ANYTHING?... You can't just ascribe human reasoning and motivation and use it to debunk something as being alien... lol

Sorry... I'm waffling and ranting a bit here

Good thread

top topics

<< 1   >>

join