It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO UFO's opperate with blinking light or not. whats your vote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
lets imagine for a moment that a very convincing video of a ufo langing or flying about was filmed.. or for lack of imagination, lets say you witnessed this spectacle.

you notice that the ufo had a blinking light on the top sides and bottom.

do you feel these beings would construct a craft with blinking lights..

some say only human intelligence would do such a thing..

we do need to seperate our ufo believers into two sides with this one.

my vote is that ufo's do omit light for SURE.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My vote is that there is no need for lights..... as we use them. I guess you could go down another route and say that the lights are actually some byproduct of a propulsion system etc.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I would think that they have lights, but don't always use them.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think they would have them for left and right turns, and possibly for braking.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have heard it explained that lights on UFO's are not so much for navigation signals, (as we have on our vehicles in the air, on the land , or in the water,) but are used to communicate as well as to stimulate desired responses from biological organisms. In other words, the lights can be used to disrupt brain function.

More on the use of light technology on this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
My vote is that there is no need for lights..... as we use them. I guess you could go down another route and say that the lights are actually some byproduct of a propulsion system etc.

yeah i think your on to something with that one. how about the light thats used to pick up cattle/people for abduction. or possibly the arizona lights when one light after another comes on until 7 lights are visible.

that was a crazy even by the way.. the arizona lights back on august 13 1997

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i agree with dulcimer. i don't think there's a need for them to have "lights" when they're flying around trying to be covert. but it could be an effect from the propulsion system - plasma, or some visual distortion.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Are we talking about the whole craft as a light or individual lights as on a normal airplane etc.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The UFO that I encountered did have lights.

I cannot speak for other UFO's but the one I saw definately had lights.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I actually had a UFO sighting too, and it had lights. Thats the reason for me thinking they have lights.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I saw one of those big triangle type ufos when i was about 17(now 30). That had lights. Maybe they are,as posted above,some kind of mind manipulation. I remember a strange noise too,like a hoover off in the distance,and when it came over,it got intense and oppressive.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Many police departments use both red and blue lights on their vehicles. The conflict in color frequencies interpreted by the brain causes uneasiness and subconcious fear. This is further enhanced by the newer strobes and LED's. The blue and red colors still remain important however.

Here in NY State, blue lights were designated exclusively for volunteer firefighters. Police departments started putting them on their cruisers along with the red ones, but a judge ruled that this was not legal. Nevertheless, the practice has continued and increased.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What if it's a boneheaded attempt to camouflage the craft as some terrestrial vehicle? What if they had a perceptual block that prevented them from seeing the obvious patterns that aircraft use?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
"Light" in the context of limited use as you are stating isn't adiquate for an examination of the topic matter.

"Light" as you are using it, seemingly, is a byproduct of limited spectral visuality according to the limits of human perception of light.

Light in the truer context is a spectrum ranging from Gamma Radiation very low frequency according to human understandings of light waves. The light that helps us see is a very small band within that larger understanding of light. Even that assuming that with our science we can grasp the fundemental understandings of light and vibration.

It is clearly understood through examination of known evidence that "Alien Crafts" radiate light within several frequencies both within and external of the limited band of visual light in the light specturm. I'd also asstrapulate that in some context the alien beings are using light for signaling and other understandable norms of visual light according to human understandings.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

ooooook.. all i asked was about simple blinking lights and so forth.. no need to deductively break down the OP with words like gamma and so forth..

i was entertained,and it posed some more serious (slightly) thinking by your post.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I don't see why at least some UFOs wouldn't have lights on them. And they'd probably be used for the same reasons we put lights on our aircraft. Mostly to keep other aircraft from accidentally crashing into them. So they have a few flashing lights, not enough to draw a lot of attention to itself, maybe mimicking our own aircraft.

The UFOs without lights? Well, we wouldn't see them then, would we?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Maybe they're advertisements for alien corporations that funded the missions?

2PacSade-

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My buddies and I saw a bunch in the 1973-1976 time period on many occassions(always at night). I'll post my stories later when I have more time.
But what we saw was a bright white in the front and a red and blue light in the middle and back. They never blinked either.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
When I was about 7 or 8 years old, ( first sighting ) the UFO I saw, was red... didn't appear to have lights, the whole thing was glowing red.

Just showed up in the sky about 1/4 mile away from us and "floated" down behind some trees. Once it was behind the trees, we couldn't see it anymore.

My parents told me a story that happened to them years earlier, about 1/2 mile away from where this sighting happened, exactly the same thing happened to them, however they said the "UFO" appeared to be hovering right at tree top level.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Maybe the lights are there to confuse people into believing they see a plane (or some other flying craft that we have)?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join