It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gullibility of Jesus.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I thought it meant the sign of the beast?
I'm a double -minded idiot sometimes - well probably like all the time, by design. Forgive me...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Inverted_VaV

I'll be praying for you!

Jeshua can do anything!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inverted_VaV
I thought it meant the sign of the beast?
I'm a double -minded idiot sometimes - well probably like all the time, by design. Forgive me...

It is the sign of the beast. The beast is not your enemy. We believe this for one reason in the book; that it is the last book so we think we have concluded all that we have learned in the word.

God bless you for you knowing not, for I once was blind and God resumed my sight. I thought I saw, yet I did not.

I thought this sign was a secret amongst the privileged, the authorities, but it is the symbol of their secret unity of carrying out the mission of God to judge the world for their own judgment.

The angels and servant of the lord have given this symbol for it is the metal militia of God. He has ordained the authority to carry out his word in the last days. Those who love are raised, and those who do not remain in poverty.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

AMEN! That dude is a major thorn in my side. He don't care about anyone, believe that - not even himself.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Mr. Ree

The wise men were scolars, from the "East".
They would have been the scientists of the day.

That's funny, but Astrology is not a science. Neither is being a priest.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
OK, Asatru logging in here to make a post on this.

The name of thread caught my attention.. but my mouth hit the floor when I actually read the opening post.

All I can say at this moment is... WOW.

First.... I am not christian. Not in any sense of the meaning of that word. I am Asatru. So why do I feel the need to post on this?

Because the original poster is full of hot air.

The story of the conception of Jesus can raise a lot of questions, I agree on this part of the topic.

HOWEVER...........

One Mary was not married to Joseph when she conceived Jesus. She was, for lack of a better term, betrothed to him. Please, if you are going to slam something, make sure you know what you are talking about. Otherwise, someone like me is going to come behind you and make you look like a fool.

Two, you have NO, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NO, knowledge that the wisemen were on any drugs or alcohol. That is merely your own wish speaking.

Three, Joseph was not cheated or. If he had been, he would have turned Mary out to be stoned like all other cheaters were. Obviously... since Mary was not stoned to death... yeah.. you figure it out. I am sure you can put two and two together to come up with four.

Okay, now on to your statement that Joseph threw Mary out. What bible are you reading? Cause I have read the bible front to back more times than I can count and never did I read that.

Let me make a few suggestions for you mon amiee. Try actually reading the bible. I do not mean skim and pick only the parts you want to read. Read the WHOLE thing. Second... stop making idiotic threads like this. Really. It makes you look like a fool... and as far as I am concerned...

If it thinks like a fool and talks like a fool... then it is a fool.

Kinda weird that a full blown pagan is posting on this.

Oh yeah... get some respect for other people's religions. Respect goes a LONG way. Both on here and in the real world.

VV

As an afterthought....

"That's funny, but Astrology is not a science. Neither is being a priest."

*sigh* You have so much to learn. Really. I feel like a teacher of a kindergarten class.

Astrology is not what the wisemen studied. *gasp* They studied the planets. The stars. The night sky. In grownup world that is known as ASTRONOMY. Now... Astronomy IS a science. Imagine that... hmm.. looks like I corrected you again. As for being a priest... that is not a science persay.. however.. the study of religion IS. Wow.... dude. Pick up a book. Please.

VV

[edit on 19/3/08 by ValhallasValkyrie]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValhallasValkyrie

One Mary was not married to Joseph when she conceived Jesus. She was, for lack of a better term, betrothed to him. Please, if you are going to slam something, make sure you know what you are talking about. Otherwise, someone like me is going to come behind you and make you look like a fool.

Actually, the one who comes behind me and tries to make a point of something as insubstantial as betrothed/married is bound to look like the fool.

Two, you have NO, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NO, knowledge that the wisemen were on any drugs or alcohol. That is merely your own wish speaking.

They were high as kites.

Three, Joseph was not cheated or. If he had been, he would have turned Mary out to be stoned like all other cheaters were. Obviously... since Mary was not stoned to death... yeah.. you figure it out. I am sure you can put two and two together to come up with four.

Sure, and OJ was innocent, or he would have been convicted, right? Plenty of Greek and Jewish historians note to the name of the man that Mary was either raped by, or whored out to.

Okay, now on to your statement that Joseph threw Mary out. What bible are you reading? Cause I have read the bible front to back more times than I can count and never did I read that.

De Spectaculis, by Tertullian
Acts of Pilate, a collaboration
The True word, by Celsus

You know, actual historical texts. Not a book that was "based on a true story, infused with divine and magical events."

Let me make a few suggestions for you mon amiee. Try actually reading the bible. I do not mean skim and pick only the parts you want to read. Read the WHOLE thing. Second... stop making idiotic threads like this. Really. It makes you look like a fool... and as far as I am concerned...

If it thinks like a fool and talks like a fool... then it is a fool.

... and the above doesn't make you look like a fool. Amazing.

Oh yeah... get some respect for other people's religions. Respect goes a LONG way. Both on here and in the real world.

My religion is opposed to irrational religions and blind faith. Get some respect for it and stop being a hypocrite.

Astrology is not what the wisemen studied. *gasp* They studied the planets. The stars. The night sky. In grownup world that is known as ASTRONOMY. Now... Astronomy IS a science. Imagine that... hmm.. looks like I corrected you again. As for being a priest... that is not a science persay.. however.. the study of religion IS. Wow.... dude. Pick up a book. Please.

No, they studied the movement of the planets, the stars, and the night sky. They made predictions from the movements and predicted the location that the messiah would be born. That is called astrology, not astronomy. Persian priests of that time were regarded as astrologers, something that many considered a science, yet it does not make it so.

Theology is a science? LOL, I guess you'll next tell me the wonders of the "science of intelligent design" You need to stop hitting yourself over the head with Thor's hammer so much, it's giving you brain damage.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join