It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Henderson, I presume?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If you get Encore, Harry is back this month.

Yes that's the 1987 version. The suit will give you a good idea what might be possible with a big budget. Can't be much CGI, though there's undoubtedly animatronics.

To maybe keep this from being moved to the 'Movies' forum, causing all the Crypto-enthusiasts from missing it, here's a commentary from the movie trivia.

According to cryptozoologist Loren Coleman, some characters in the film are based to varying degrees on actual figures in the search for Sasquatch. "Jacques LaFleur" (David Suchet) is a nod to the late Canadian Rene Dahinden, and "Dr. Wallace Wrightwood" (Don Ameche) combines some qualities of John Green, Peter Byrne and the late Dr. Grover Krantz.

I was surprised at how enjoyable, yet 'authentic' this movie was to the whole BF iconography.

(Check local listings)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I do and probably not.

I never was interested in H & the H's but for some strange reason I watched the TV series several times.As for the movie, once is more than enough.

Good to know though as that same strange force may end me up watching it before I'm even aware.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Yeah, the acting is a bit too 'comic book'. Lithgow is pretty good, but Ameche and Dillon are just one-dimensional.

The scene where Ameche is saying 'there is no BF' and Harry is right behind him is an example. The family sitting there 'tee-hee'-ing is just saccharine.

Actually, I'd like to see a re-make with a little less 'kid's show' and a little more drama.

The four horsemen of Sasquatchery deserve a proper send up. You know have an expedition to beat all expeditions, some subtle lampooning and lots of gadgets and stuff. Build it along the lines of Lake Placid, but a little darker.

I'd like to see a 'behind the scenes' of that Harry. Get an idea of how much support Kevin needed for that costuming.

It gives an idea of how much support the P-G BF would have to have if it was, indeed, a "MiaS".

They'd need at least a four person support crew to do that P-G recreation to keep the costume un-mussed, and to aid the operator in keeping cool. That this seems to not have been feasible is one more bit that skews it towards being a real creature.

What did you think of my comments about the head being too small for a costume?

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
The four horsemen of Sasquatchery deserve a proper send up. You know have an expedition to beat all expeditions, some subtle lampooning and lots of gadgets and stuff. Build it along the lines of Lake Placid, but a little darker.

Great idea!

They'd need at least a four person support crew to do that P-G recreation to keep the costume un-mussed, and to aid the operator in keeping cool. That this seems to not have been feasible is one more bit that skews it towards being a real creature.

You know, that's an excellent thought that I had never considered. It's so sensible and logical, especially in that era. I can't remember ever reading anything regarding such intangibles but my mind is often filled beyond capacity, so who knows?

Is this thought process something that came to you or did you read something to that effect somewhere....?

What did you think of my comments about the head being too small for a costume?

Rings a big bell but forgive me for not being able to exactly place it. Did you talk about it in that recent thread about the bare chested BF? I will go back and review.

You have some wonderful theories!

top topics

join