It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New crop of chemicals is found in birds' eggs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

New crop of chemicals is found in birds' eggs

www.boston.com

Eggs from an array of Maine birds - from lordly bald eagles to timorous piping plovers; from swallows snarfing insects in suburban backyards to storm-petrels feeding hundreds of miles at sea - contain 100 industrial and household contaminants, scientists will report today.

According to research to be presented to the Maine Legislature, all 60 eggs tested by biologists and chemists - taken from 23 wild species, inhabiting every major ecosystem in the state, from Kittery to Calais - carried at least trace amounts of the 100 chemicals, occasionally at levels believed to be harmful to the birds.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Pharmaceuticals in the drinking water. Chemicals in birds' eggs. Is environmental pollution getting worse, or are people just getting more insistent that something be done? Unless you eat wild birds' eggs, the chemicals probably wouldn't affect you, but it's part of a larger picture.

www.boston.com

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

Is environmental pollution getting worse, or are people just getting more insistent that something be done?
www.boston.com

No we are just getting better at finding it. better lab methods.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

Pharmaceuticals in the drinking water. Chemicals in birds' eggs. Is environmental pollution getting worse, or are people just getting more insistent that something be done? Unless you eat wild birds' eggs, the chemicals probably wouldn't affect you, but it's part of a larger picture.

www.boston.com

i dont eat wild bird eggs but i do eat wild birds quite often. this is troubling news. but i would have to imagne there are probably no chemicals that cant already be found in trace amounts in most humans. im not trying to undermind the problem with that statement and i do believe something should be done..

join