It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: How did we all first hear about or find Above Top Secret.com ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
just wanted to know how you heard about or found this forum...im sure some of the answers will be fairly interesting.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think I had come across it on Google or Yahoo, one of those search engines. I was always searching for conspiracy sites, paranormal info or what have you. So after wandering about the net without a home, I stumbles across ATS and was taken in off the street. Thank you ATS for giving me a place to call home

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
After having a perma ban on another site---so bad that the name Colonel Fury in ANY form was banned (They thought I was way too opinionated. Me?)--I came across another site which shut down after a few months. The members of that defucnt site led me here. I lurked for a bit til I got fed up with all the repugnants and started blastin'.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i typed in the word ....cosmic top secret into yahoo search and found the website...
typing in that phrase though gets you earmarked by the nsa

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hi watcheroftheskies!!

I "chanced" upon ATS through SETI@home in actual fact. I'd accumulated some work units and went "looking" for a team that I could add my units to (there is a facility on SETI@home to do this). Perhaps because ATS was near the top (alphabetically - although as the team grows, we're rapidly climbing up the all teams board!!) I saw the name - Above Top Secret - and "discovered" it that way. The rest, as they say, is history!!

A fine Discussion board indeed!!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Intelgurl told me about it over latte's at starbucks.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
colonel:
did you get banned because you were hammering people to hard in theese forums?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The aliens told me!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I was researching John Titor believe it or not, followed the golden links.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I first encountered ATS when searching one of the popular search engines with 'top secret'. I clicked on the ATS url, and came up with somebody's blog. I forget now who the blog belonged to. I think that these blogs are a good idea.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

They thought I was way too opinionated. Me?)--

No? You? Really?

I found it when looking up info on Lazar...and that was ages ago it seems....

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
colonel:
did you get banned because you were hammering people to hard in theese forums?

Yep. I slammed them harder than anywhere. Nothing I ever said here ever came close to how I slammed those guys.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I was looking up info on Dulce and Roswell, and I was directed here.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
My buddy told me about this place in early 2000. I t wasn't until late 2000 that I decided to visit. Just lately I have been getting more and more into the forums.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I found this website by mistake a couple of weeks after the 9/11 attacks as I was doing some research, and I never left.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
i typed in the word ....cosmic top secret into yahoo search and found the website...
typing in that phrase though gets you earmarked by the nsa

Hmmm....REALLY??? Ima Try it....im always up for a little NSA following me....

Well i got here looking for stuff on Area51....like Ocelot it was a few weeks after 9/11...but i forgot about it until I moved....and found it again when I signed up....its changed alot.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I thinkl I was researching some cryptid and I wound up at ATS. Now that I'm here, they won't let me leave.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
A friend gave me the "index of" URL to all the pages, so I went to the main location (abovetopsecret.com) and instantly went to the "Discussion Board" to find an amazingly populated board that is actually alive, and alive it is.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
All I know is one day everything was normal in my browsing habits,
then the next day I found myself posting here.

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I did a search for "top secret" and ended up here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join