It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look into my eyes!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Try this with another person.
1. Sit face to face
2. Make your right eye look at their right eye and your left eye look at their left eye and just keep it that way.

If you start noticing transformations in the skin, eyes, nose, lips, or anything.

Post results..

I have done this many times! You will see what people really look like.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Brain2100cc]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wow. I had forgotten about this until I read your post.
When I was about 8 or so, my mom and I were visiting a familiy friend and I found myself bored so I began staring at his face. It started to look different. It's like I was seeing all of his years, all of his experiences... His face became a book of his entire life weathered with all that he had been through! I started doing this with other people and came to call it the face within the face.
It's wierd, I still still it today (I'm 27) from time to time, and I still feel like I see their entire lives. The thing is, once I see this in a person, it's hard to not see that face within their face each subsequent time that I look at them, even without trying to see it.
I find that I just need to concentrate on their right eye though. The left one doesn't seem as "reseptive."

Is this what you're talking about, Brain2100cc? If it is, that's awesome that someone else has independantly found this too. It may mean I'm not nuts!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Is this a technique on how to read aura's

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oeh nice one. Stupid question maybe, does it work on yourself looking through a mirror?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sort of like looking at people in the dark.. It gives you a whole new perspective of an individual...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Me and my team of conspirators believe this is a way to see the reptilian in humans, you will notice all the minor facial transformations their face goes through. My accomplice is a remote viewer with many drawings and writings about the universe that no one can even fathom. He taught me this. We believe in a higher understanding of the universe without concepts. It's hard to explain the transformations, but if you try this for yourself you will definatly notice something strange. I would NOT suggest doing this in the mirror. It can actually be quite frightening to see your face transform. It scared me when I did it so I try not to look in the mirror often.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Stare at the center dot and move your head forwards and backwards:

[edit on 3/12/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It is not an optical illusion if thats what your getting at Choronzon.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Really? lol...I am saying that it is....

There is more than enough scientific data to show you that stareing at anything long enough will cause it to distort.

But I am game for your claim.....Since, I have already provided a simple demonstration that your rods/cones can play tricks on you. What sort of data to you have to show us that what you are claiming is not an optical illusion.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brain2100cc
I would NOT suggest doing this in the mirror. It can actually be quite frightening to see your face transform. It scared me when I did it so I try not to look in the mirror often.

Ok, but it does work then, good to know. Thanks for the warning, although i will give it a shot sometime and i can't say you didn't warn me

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You also have cognitive illusions:

Where your mind tells you something is being displayed that is not. The above image appears to be moving when you stare at it long enough, when it is not.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here is a physchological illusion, where we perceive the towers are leaning at different angles:

Howerver, they are in fact the exact same image. Don't always immediately believe what you perceive. Deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I believe looking at an actual 3 dimensional person is not an optical illusion. The illusions you are showing me have nothing to do with the transformation of humans. Try it for yourself then tell me it's an optical illusion. Those pictures you posted were designed to be optical illusions they are also portrayed as 2d *i.e. your screen.* But looking at an actual person and see real changes not only in color, shape, and structure is quite amazing. Think of it this way. When you look at person normally you see the right eye with the left and the left eye with the right. So looking at the person with the opposite perspective will indeed create changes in appearance.

It could be an illusion. Also I have no scientific data to say it's not because I just found it out actually doing it.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Brain2100cc]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I can stare at myself for 5 hours in the mirror, and I am fully aware that any artifacts that I see are fatigue of the rods/cones in my eyes.

Growing up we had a game called bloody mary, where you had to stare at yourself for 10 minutes in the mirror, then shut off the lights, and you would see bloody mary.

When in fact you were only seeing the red cone fatigue burned in image of yourself, for a brief 10 seconds.

Give us a break ok.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
you were seeing your aura.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
No, its exactly the same for anyone that tries it. You see the reverse-image of yourself, which is red, because of the optic cone fatigue. Its basic optimetrics.

Which can be proven by the following clip:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Staring at someone regularly causes no changes, but the eyes are key. Could be an illusion, but the simple fact that you can't see the changes with out keeping a fixed position on opposite eyes is quite a mystery. Try as much as you like to see changes without the technique I explained. Impossible.

ED - I never mentioned ever seeing the color red. Also the illusion you just portrayed has you focused on 1 specific dot. Not both eyes looking at different things

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
No, its exactly the same for anyone that tries it. You see the reverse-image of yourself, which is red, because of the optic cone fatigue. Its basic optimetrics.

Which can be proven by the following clip:

Bull#... That was a transition. I am a Media Communications student and I can tell you indubitably that that was a transition.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

...That was a transition. I am a Media Communications student and I can tell you indubitably that that was a transition.
'
AHAHHA, if you dont believe it then pause it at exactly 21 seconds, leave and come back....its black and white.

Mr. "Media Communications Student"....I hope you didnt fail!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well, I cant try this technique yet, but I did want to point out the following:

Our right eye seems to be our social eye?

I'm not sure how to define this, but it might be most clear by the following : take someone whom you talk with regularly, while having eyecontact.. Now talk to this person, while strictly looking at their left eye. Now, their right eye can't really look into your right eye, and if they're consciously reading your eyes, they'll get confused now. Be sure to ask them to do the same thing to you..

I've noticed not all people react to this, but the ones that 'talk with their eyes' freak out when I look at their left eyes. It's just another speckle of information to answer the question 'how should i look one in the face' :p

I'm very curious to find out what you get out of this!

P.S. just remembered i did have something to contribute on-topic ;p.. bit ashamed i didnt think of it earlier as student psychology, but here goes:
It is entirely possible that the processing of facial expressions is asymmetrical -> the left side of the face might be processed by the right hemisphere, and viceversa (not sure on the factual correctness, but just to illustrate).
If you switch the input by looking crosseyed into someones face, you're giving your hemispheres the strangest input ever, as it is something they know, but only in reverse.. hard to give an example here, as the brain does things we dont have examples for, but nevertheless, this would be the scientific explanation for the face transitions, if we would ever need one. I guess we weren't looking for one, as its pretty much a dead end (maybe a true end, but dead nonetheless). 'nuff rambling..

[edit on 12-3-2008 by scraze]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join