It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you ceased to be President of the United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I couldn't find this speech here on PTS... and I think you should listen.
There are 500 comments posted below the video:

video.google.com...

Keith Olbermann, July 3, 2007:

In that moment, Mr. Bush, you ceased to be the President of the United States.

I accuse you, Mr. Bush, of lying this country into war.

I accuse you of fabricating in the minds of your own people, a false implied link between Saddam Hussein and 9/11.

I accuse you of firing the generals who told you that the plans for Iraq were disastrously insufficient.

I accuse you of causing in Iraq the needless deaths of 3,586 of our brothers and sons, and sisters and daughters, and friends and neighbors.

I accuse you of subverting the Constitution, not in some misguided but sincerely-motivated struggle to combat terrorists, but instead to stifle dissent.

I accuse you of fomenting fear among your own people, of creating the very terror you claim to have fought.

I accuse you of exploiting that unreasoning fear, the natural fear of your own people who just want to live their lives in peace, as a political tool to slander your critics and libel your opponents.

I accuse you of handing part of this republic over to a Vice President who is without conscience, and letting him run roughshod over it.

I am,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If you have time...

do a google video search for: olbermann

there is plenty out there to choose from.

Oracle

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

addendum: 3,586 of our brothers and sons, and sisters and daughters, and friends and neighbors and countless more innocent Iraqis

just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Article 2 of the Constitution says that the President serves 4 year terms, and may not be elected more than twice.

Since President Bush has not completed his second term, technically and constitutionally President Bush remains President.

Mr. Olberman, I accuse you of being a liar!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Article 2 of the Constitution says that the President serves 4 year terms, and may not be elected more than twice.

Since President Bush has not completed his second term, technically and constitutionally President Bush remains President.

Mr. Olberman, I accuse you of being a liar!

WRONG!!!

Its good to see you RR and good to see you still have no idea what you are talking about.

Article 2 says nothing about how many terms a president may serve. Washington set the precedent of serving 2 terms and all the rest followed suit; that is until FDR. As a result of his 4 terms the Republicans of his time pushed though, I believe the 20th amendment (though I could have the number wrong) limiting the president to 2 terms.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Here in the United States we have a Constitution, our Constitution has provisions to allow for amendments to the Constitution.

Article 2 of the Constitution pertains to the Executive Branch of Government. Article 2 was amended by the 20th Amendment to restrict a President to 2 terms of office.

Section 4 of Article 2 also states.....

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Since this hasn't and won't happen to President Bush he still remains President until the completion of his term.

Furthur proof that President Bush has never ceased to be President and Keith Olberman is a liar!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What is the point here? In less than a year Bush will be out of office and we will have our new president. And life will go on as usual. It's time to move on, folks.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

...calling keith olbermann a liar is completely missing the point
well, i guess that tends to be par for the course

the point here is that bush HAS committed high crimes...
in fact, under US law, we could have bush hanged....but that won't happen because nobody is going to take the time to question the state of things.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
What is the point here? In less than a year Bush will be out of office and we will have our new president. And life will go on as usual. It's time to move on, folks.

the point?

there are 100,000's of Iraqi's dead.
Lands polluted with radiation.
Men that have been tortured.
Civil rights violated.

Regardless of whether or not he will be active president... he was still complicit. He still stands to be accused.

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ah yes. I get it now. Since Bush has become the posterchild and the scapegoat for all the ills in our country, it stands to reason that blasting all of our hatred and negativity at him will fix all the problems he has caused.

Of course we all know that kicking at a dead horse is the most productive way to spend our valuable time and resources.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Furthur proof that President Bush has never ceased to be President and Keith Olberman is a liar!

I'd like to lock President Bush and Keith Olberman together in a bag of cats.

It doesn't have to make sense. That's just what I'd like to do.

Most people are so ungrateful to be alive Mr. Bush and Mr. Olberman, but not you, not any more...

GAME OVER!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
Ah yes. I get it now. Since Bush has become the posterchild and the scapegoat for all the ills in our country, it stands to reason that blasting all of our hatred and negativity at him will fix all the problems he has caused.

One must turn over the soil and seperate out the weeds before fresh vegetable seedlings can be put to root in the fields

Bush is not the poster child...

The regime that is "bush" is the poster regime.

that includes cheney, rumsfeld, and turd blossom... the list does go on.

until they can all be rounded; held in contempt and questioned upon oath...

we cannot begin to fix our "national" problems.

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ahhh, spring! The flowers opening, the birds singing, the sounds of 'Kill Bush!' ringing in the day...

If anyone cares what this old redneck thinks, I believe the blame can go a long way past Lil George. We can blame Presidents all the way back to Honest Abe, who waged an illegal war against his own people. Or right after that, how about General 'burn 'em all, let God sort 'em out' Grant?

Or, we can stick to the last 7 years and find plenty of blame. In 2000, the country was divided right down the middle: should we elect Lil George or Mr. 'I invented the Internet'? Thanks to Florida, where counting has been taken so seriously that it is apparently worked in some sort of relativistic terms that the average person is incapable of understanding, we had a big national scandal.

When CNN announced it was calling Florida for Gore, Bush was shown on the ticker as being several points ahead and the polls in the panhandle had not even closed. I know; I was watching. There is no way to know the complete effect that may have had on the results. Then comes the recount. All of a sudden, we're to believe that the people in South Florida are incapable of punching a hole in paper. So 'voter intent' is used in place of simply reading the ballots. All of this was done behind closed doors by registered Democrats; I remember the protests from Florida Republican voters wanting to simply observe the process.

Finally, after the third (or was it the fourth?) recount attempt, the Supreme Court stepped in and put an end to this circus. Of course, this was unacceptable behavior, and was quickly attacked by a few lovely sound bites: 'Bush is stupid', 'Bush's eyes are too close together; he must be evil', 'Bush is a puppet for President Cheney', 'Bush didn't win the popular vote'... all of this only served to unite the Bush supporters firmly together behind Bush.

Now we find out that George Bush is indeed less than desirable... OK, less than that... as President. But had he been given the benefit of the doubt, as other Presidents have been given over the years, the first rumblings of trouble would have not been silenced by those who were so used to Bush-bashing that they shut out all accusations as simply more of the same.

Is George Bush responsible for the things said about him? Yes (well, except that he is still President, but I believe that one was aimed more at his abdication of responsibility than position). But it was allowed to happen because those who bashed him so fiercely before he actually did anything untoward allowed him the freedom to do these things by their actions. Continual attacks with little or no merit make future attacks futile.

So everyone grab a cup, there's blame for all! Drink hearty, me lads, the boat is sinking but the band plays on!

TheRedneck

top topics

join