It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are We Doing To Our Children?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

What Are We Doing To Our Children?

www.americanchronicle.com

So it seems we have created a system in our country that takes children from homes, abuse or not, substantiated or not and places them in government subsidized homes and institutions under the guise of protection. There they keep them for a year with very limited contact with their families, not just the alleged offenders, but siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles. And while they are held in state "protection" their chances of abuse, physical, sexual, mental and emotional increases by about 25 percent according to statistics of states that have reported. And while these children are held, lots of people are making money, lawyers, court personnel, court investigators, evaluators and guardians, counselors, therapists, psychologists, residential facilities, foster parents, adoptive parents and believe it or not, the list continues.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A little more on systematic child abuse in our culture.

www.americanchronicle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Interesting article and saddens me to hear about this, but one thing in the article stuck out to me...Perhaps it isn't just children to teens, but young adults as well. Seeing as the article stated that texas housed youth from ages 10 to 21. 21?! That is interesting if it reaches that high, makes me wonder if we really becomes adults at the age of 18 or if we become adults at the age of 21 perhaps 22.

In 2006, a sex scandal hit the Texas Youth Commission, which houses troubled youth, aged 10 to 21, across the state. Yet again, complaints were made for years by both the staff and the inmates, but the complaints were not investigated and the alleged perpetrators were promoted.

www.americanchronicle.com...

Star+Flag for you. One for interesting article and two because I'm a foster kid who got lucky apparently. Makes me respect my parents even more than I did before, which is a lot

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
American Chronicle is not a mainstream, respectable source. Try again.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
American Chronicle is not a mainstream, respectable source. Try again.

Thats hilarious... you put "mainstream" and "Respected source" in the same sentence!

As if Mainstream Media is a Respected Source

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
[edit on 11-3-2008 by DwnitsDwn]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

I think this place there talking about is like a "boys home" More centered on kids with problems not parents. (If im reading right)

They usually don't take your kids cause there troubled anyway .

I have a friend right now . Never been charged with a thing in her life . That hasnt seen her kids in over a year. Cause a guy she was dating ex-girlfriend call CPS and told them a bunch of crap lies.

Now she cant see her kids has drug tests once a month (she has never used drugs mind you) and a consoler come by once a week to tell her what a bad mother she is . And how she needs to change her life ..

WTF she was a great mother . Now they want her to change and she cant see her kids till THEY fell she is different . . . .What is thisworld coming to ?

Btw this is my roommate im talking about . .

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Sure, plenty of MSM sources are respectable. I first "went down the rabbit hole" when I read in the Wall Street Journal the day after the authorization for use of military force on Iraq bill that the case for war was totally bogus. I then did some searching on my own and found stories in mainstream outlets that exposed the official story about 9/11 as pure junk.

At the same time, I have been disappointed with many alternative news sources. You can't trust Wayne Madsen, can't trust trust WND, and, IMO, cannot trust OP's source.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Ah I see. At first I couldn't tell because I didn't see a gender and thought it was for both male and female chldren. Though if it was just troubled kids for both I could have still been taken away, but eh another time another story.

Its sad how a lot of these places are lied to and go on these lies to do what they want. Didn't they do indepth investigation to see if the alleged "things" this person was telling them were true or not? I'll never get why people always have it out for others...but I do hope she'll be able to see her kids soon.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Sorry i used the term "boys home" cause im a boy
Its just a general term meaning "kiddie jail" Usually segregated by sex tho . In different places of course.

Yeah its tough to really make a call . I know from where i sit it seems crazy . But as i try to explain to my roomie . that if they didn't take the time to really investigate . Some of these poor kids will go back with abusive fathers/mothers ect. Which is just as much an outrage.

I do believe that the reasons should be WAY better founded . And They should do an investigation . Before ever even telling the parents of the "report"

I mean who really beats there kids when being investigated for it ? Well i guess some people might . Its tough to make a call based on my morals i guess. As i don't even smoke around a kid let alone the crap you hear about these days.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Children are money makers for the government, foster parents, and other associated people. This doesn't surprise me at all. Children are very vulnerable and lack important decision making in their brains. What gets me more is all the missing children in America.
Instead of throwing people in prison for marijuana and other drug offenses they need to do something about our children and find out where they went or what happened to them. All this money spent on war and drugs could have changed this world to the better. Instead were made to work for our money to pay taxes, politicians and war. By the time we're done doing that we are close to broke and do it all over again. There's no time to figure out that we've been used and abused just like our children.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Ah okay,
Now that you bring up the word "kiddie jail" doesn't that kind of lead to the social problems kids have nowadays? Should we really be spending time (and money) putting kids in these places rather then getting them the help they need?

As a future lawyer to be, I would seriously say they should look into it, to gain custody of her children back. As well as suing the person who lied about it for spreading false information and defamation of character. Would also saw the place that took away her rights to see her kids for not investigating the claims. =/. I mea I can understand the fact that if kids are taken away from abusive parents as you stated shouldn't be returned, but if someone is a GOOD parent they really should be returned so that their childhood is filled with love and in a nurturing atmosphere, not crying wondering what’s going on.

True, no one does anything when being investigated more or less they try to lie low and hope it all passes by. Smoking around kids brings up another thing my teacher and I talked about. He saw a soon to be mother who appeared to be 5 months pregnant smoking a cigarette. A lot of people seem to not really care about what they do to there or someone else’s kids, again I hope she gets the right to see and have her children back again. Since it has become a bit rare to find parents who care. (Not Pointing anyone out on the board, just stating my opinion.)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Thanks for saying it.

Here's some additional links I gathered, more mainstream, if anyone's interested.

turtlesvoice.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well i hope you get to be a lawyer . Maybe you can do some good

She has met the foster parents . And she is really lucky that she got these really great ones . The lady is a pediatric nurse and the guy works at fords here .
So there in a good place at least . Just not at home .

Also growing up as a VERY troubled youth . I don't really think there is a "treatment " ... You really just have to be patient . And ride it out. Once they can see the pain/destruction they have caused . (At least in my case) They wil level out .
That is of course if they have supportive patient parents . I would probably be in prison if not for mine. If parent don't give up it will pay off in the end . But im sure its a rough road .

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I really take issue with this whole thread. Basically the thesis is that Protective Services are evil, with anecdote, quotes, and data all ripped out of context to support it. My mother was a social worker and I could tell you what she told me, the horrible stories of abuse and neglect that demanded SOMETHING be done.

If you're going to bash Protective Services, at least present the other side or acknowledge that it exists.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

The article states that there are good social workers and foster parents, but that the system is flawed.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

I would like to apologize. I certainly acknowledge the system can and should be reformed.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

No problem and thanks. Heading out into the garden now, beautiful day!!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It can not be stated enough how evil what the Texas Youth Commission did to the young boys it had in its care. Some people will say that the boys were bad. They would be wrong. The Ranger who busted the perverts who were running the place said he knew the boys were being abused because the boys all looked terrified.

More and more children who are picked up are placed in dorm like facilities. The good people who work for CPS need to consider what happens to children who are placed in the care of non parents.

new topics

top topics

join