It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What created god?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Honestly no one has that answer yet. We may try our very best to try to understand something as large as this. But most will just take a wild guess.
Such as this. God is a being that exsists within all dimensions, God is all shapes and all sizes. God is part of everything, very small, and very large. God is more the essence that binds all realities, all dimensions, and all realms together.
There is no simply made God..God Created itself.
God is the force of its own manifestation. Why you ask? I dont know Im just taking a wild guess

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
I'm never happy with the mankind as a driving force argument, somehow. It just seems to give us an unlikely relevance and power, however passive our role in it, when all the immediate evidence (the physical size of the universe, our influence and reach within that universe) seems to suggest quite the opposite.

It's not just us. By "us," I mean everything with a consciousness and a point of view capable of collapsing a quantum wave function. As individuals, or even as a species, our contribution is probably minimal. That's why living things die all the time but don't seem to have a huge effect on the relative stability of reality. It all overlaps.

Also, there may be bigger, smarter, more flexible minds floating around out there in the universe with brains the size of planets that live for a million years at a stretch. They would probably have a much more profound effect on the shape of reality than the bacteria under our fingernails. But still, every little bit helps when you're building a universe.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

Very nice analogy, i like it.

That's my idea about it yeah.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I can see it's already been posted, thankfully, but I was going to point this out anyways. I guess you could say I'm throwing my hat into the ring.

God wasn't created. This has everything to do with time and even to ask this question just shows that you haven't really thought this through very well.

For us and our perception, time moves chronologically. This is very important. We see time in one direction.

think about it kind of like this:

If you traveled from point A to point B (A--------------------B)
100 miles

which are 100 miles apart at a speed of 100mph, you would arrive in 1 hour.

if you moved faster, you would arrive faster. Now, if you moved so fast that you were at point A and point B at the same time, that would be something.

But imagine being in all places at the same time, but not affected by chronology. Essentially existing outside of time. That would really be something.

This is a crude explanation (in sciences limited grasp of understanding the universe) that atheists should be able to start from.

You have to remember that just because science doesn't understand or can't explain something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Science's understanding is a bubble that grows outward from the source and it has boundaries. Although those boundaries expand, they are still there. That doesn't change the fact that knowledge exists outside of that bubble, undiscovered.

Don't limit yourself and your understanding on what science knows today, because that will change in time.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark_Ace
What created God?

In the Spirit, prior to The Big Bang, time was a condition of discarnate consciousness.

When there is no physicality and no discarnate consciousness, there is no linear time.

When there is no linear time except when consciousness exists, then you can have the first condition met to have consciousness emerge from nothingness.

The second condition which enabled consciousness to emerge from nothingness was the nonliving and infinite Light on the Other Side. The same Light that many near death experiencers in many different cultures report seeing "at the end of the tunnel."

Life is very important because how we have lived our life largely determines how far we can go into the light.

Near Death Experience Research Conclusions

This same Light is the source of all the Gifts of the Spirit in all the traditional and nontraditional religions and metaphysical philosophies since the beginning of humanoid life in the Universe.

Someone with a Gift of Healing...is getting it from people in The Light.

Someone with a Gift of Telekinesis...is getting it from people in The Light.

Someone with a Gift of Prophecy...is getting it from people in The Light.

Someone with a Gift of Charisma...is getting it from people in The Light.

Someone with a Gift of Discerning Spirits...is getting it from people in The Light.

The Light, which always existed and always will exist, is what enables reality to emerge from nothingness.

Without it, there can be no stars, planets, souls, or an Original Creator to evolve into rarefied God Consciousness and who used The Light to a very high degree in order to manifest The Big Bang.

Most scientists now conclude that the Universe is not infinite, only extremely large. Which points to The Original Creator - the personalty who created it - to also being finite in development, however rarefied in God Consciousness.

But there was a time with The Original Creator was only a primitive spirit. He/She did not suddenly pop into existence as a God. There had to be a time when that personality was only a primitive soul, and slowly, gradually, spiritually evolved, often through trial and error in The Light, to eventually embacing a level of God Consciousness.

So no being created God. The Original Creator was the first soul to emerge in The Light successfully from nothingness, whereby linear time began. To then slowly, arduously, evolve into a rarefied being and then use The Light to manifest The Big Bang.

In other words, He/She came about in The Light through His/Her own probability. Which of course won't make sense to most who read this.

For more:

An Alternate Mystical View On God

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A good point you all need to think about is when creationists indicate the flaws in evolution like where the first organism came from and yet have no backing for their own beliefs as to where did god come from

[edit on 11-3-2008 by andre18]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I dont know the answer for sure. Ive always considered god to be the energy that makes up the universe. Ive always believed that god is everything and nothing and whatever is in between A good way to describe this would be: consider every single thing in the universe a brick. im a brick your a brick everything is a brick. but if you step back and take a look at the big picture you will notice that we are each one part of a brick wall.

As far as who created god: there is somthing I remember reading in my old highschool science text book. it stated basicly that energy can not be destroyed it can only change forms. In my own mind this means that there has always been some form of energy around. mabye god is this energy. mabye the big bang was this energy/god changing forms.

Thats my two cents. Spend it wisely.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The question is an absurdity really. God by definition is not a created being. That is a device used by folks like walkingFox to dance around the fact they one day might meet him face to face. It's funny if you want to talk about a SINGULARITY then all of a sudden it is scientific to have a beginning. Sorry science points right straight at God. He just "is" ala' "I am who I am"

1 John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this for many many years. Thinking about it makes your head spin. IF anyone has a very easy and short theory please reply. Because if I think if I where to explain most of you would get lost in what I'm saying it even confuses me sometimes.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I believe that GOD may be a creation of what everything is and creates everything and is an energy that lives in a so to say stand still universe/demension that has no begining or end and from that point anything can be created and any time can be visited.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Who created god?

Probably man.

How crazy would that be, if we became god, in a way, by being able to make a computer simulation of a universe, or infact a big bang that caused a universe, and therefore life. We would be god.

Now what if that universe we created, was our own?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If I tell you the guy A who created the God, do you subsequently ask me who created A ?

If I tell you the guy B who created A, do you subsequently ask me who created B ?

... ...

Infinite loop - -

God has told us:" I am the alpha , I am the omega."He appeared when time and space started to exist. No one could create him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join