It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of ancient myths that may represent technology.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Greetings all,

What I would like to compile is a list of religious or mythological examples that could realistically be an example of advanced technology.

Some justification or debate may be required, but I'm not interested in "no proof, never happened" arguments. They are for another thread.

The list so far:

• Ark of the Covenant
  • Vedas, Mahabharata and Ramayana, specifically vimanas, WMD's and homing projectiles
  • Tuatha Dé Danann, specifically Dian Cécht, Nuada's arm and Balor of the Evil Eye

I'll keep updating this list as suggestions come in!

Cheers all

Carl

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
several things from the nordic myths, for example "the hammer of thor", odins "vagon". + a whole lot more, don't remember them right now.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

• Vedas, Mahabharata and Ramayana, specifically vimanas, WMD's and homing projectiles

If you're gonna go with ancient myths, then this certainly dont belong as its "channeled" stuff from the 20th century.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

If you're gonna go with ancient myths, then this certainly dont belong as its "channeled" stuff from the 20th century.

I disagree, and I don't want this thread to become the place of this discussion.

If we can get past semantics, do you have any examples of your own?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The Bible is filled with it. Here's just a few examples which I've also put in some other thread:

Genesis 19: Nuclear bomb?
24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah-from the LORD out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities-and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot's wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

Exodus 14: pillars of cloud and light or UFO’s? These occur throughout the Old Testament.
19 Then the angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel's army, withdrew and went behind them. The pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them, 20 coming between the armies of Egypt and Israel. Throughout the night the cloud brought darkness to the one side and light to the other side; so neither went near the other all night long.
24 During the last watch of the night the LORD looked down from the pillar of fire and cloud at the Egyptian army.

Judges 6: Flame-thrower or laserweapon?
20 The angel of God said to him, "Take the meat and the unleavened bread, place them on this rock, and pour out the broth." And Gideon did so. 21 With the tip of the staff that was in his hand, the angel of the LORD touched the meat and the unleavened bread. Fire flared from the rock, consuming the meat and the bread. And the angel of the LORD disappeared.

Exodus 24: Plenty of evidence of a spaceship including a walkway to enter it and lots of fire and smoke from the exhaust.
9 Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up 10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of sapphire, [2] clear as the sky itself. 11 But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank.
12 The LORD said to Moses, "Come up to me on the mountain and stay here, and I will give you the tablets of stone, with the law and commands I have written for their instruction."
13 Then Moses set out with Joshua his aide, and Moses went up on the mountain of God. 14 He said to the elders, "Wait here for us until we come back to you. Aaron and Hur are with you, and anyone involved in a dispute can go to them."
15 When Moses went up on the mountain, the cloud covered it, 16 and the glory of the LORD settled on Mount Sinai. For six days the cloud covered the mountain, and on the seventh day the LORD called to Moses from within the cloud. 17 To the Israelites the glory of the LORD looked like a consuming fire on top of the mountain. 18 Then Moses entered the cloud as he went on up the mountain. And he stayed on the mountain forty days and forty nights.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If you would like to compile that list, how about searching the ATS-Archive which is brim full with examples of ancient technology. And then posting your findings for us. Id do it, but Im too busy/lazy.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'd love to, but I'm at work...I don't have the time!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The hopi indian profecies about america going on for the 3rd time. I cant remember details but it says that when the end days are close the whole world will be covered in a 'spider-web'. Also there was a mention of stuff that resembles railroads and roads.
Then there was something I read about someone profesising that in the future a man could stand on the shore of britain and hold a rock and talk to a man who is in france. I'm not sure if it was 100% like this but to me it sounded exactly like modern cell phones.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I dont think Nuadas silver arm was realy made of silver but maybe a shiny alloy ( kinda like the robotic arm from terminator 2) and maybe Balors evil eye was some sort of lazer sighted wepon and there is also the genetic engernering of nuadas arm by dian ceits son

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is from the Vedas Srimad Bhagavatam.

SB 8.15.10-11: When he assembled with his own soldiers and the demon chiefs, who were equal to him in strength, opulence and beauty, they appeared as if they would swallow the sky and burn all directions with their vision. After thus gathering the demoniac soldiers, Bali Mahārāja departed for the opulent capital of Indra. Indeed, he seemed to make the entire surface of the world tremble.

SB 8.15.16: The city was full of courtyards, wide roads, assembly houses, and not less than one hundred million airplanes(vimanair nyarbudair). . The crossroads were made of pearl, and there were sitting places made of diamond and coral.

SB 8.15.23: Bali Mahārāja, who was the commander of numberless soldiers, gathered his soldiers outside this abode of Indra and attacked it from all directions. He sounded the conchshell given him by his spiritual master, Śukrācārya, thus creating a fearful situation for the women protected by Indra.

Another example:

SB 10.76.3: Śālva swore in the presence of all the kings: "I will rid the earth of Yādavas. Just see my prowess!"

SB 10.76.4: Having thus made his vow, the foolish King proceeded to worship Lord Paśupati [Śiva] as his deity by eating a handful of dust each day, and nothing more.

SB 10.76.5: The great Lord Umāpati is known as "he who is quickly pleased," yet only at the end of a year did he gratify Śālva, who had approached him for shelter, by offering him a choice of benedictions.

SB 10.76.6: Śālva chose a vehicle that could be destroyed by neither demigods, demons, humans, Gandharvas, Uragas nor Rākṣasas, that could travel anywhere he wished to go, and that would terrify the Vṛṣṇis.

SB 10.76.7: Lord Śiva said, "So be it." On his order, Maya Dānava, who conquers his enemies' cities, constructed a flying iron city named Saubha and presented it to Śālva.

SB 10.76.8: This unassailable vehicle was filled with darkness and could go anywhere. Upon obtaining it, Śālva went to Dvārakā, remembering the Vṛṣṇis' enmity toward him.

SB 10.76.9-11: Śālva besieged the city with a large army, O best of the Bharatas, decimating the outlying parks and gardens, the mansions along with their observatories, towering gateways and surrounding walls, and also the public recreational areas. From his excellent airship he threw down a torrent of weapons, including stones, tree trunks, thunderbolts, snakes and hailstones. A fierce whirlwind arose and blanketed all directions with dust.

SB 10.76.21: At one moment the magic airship built by Maya Dānava appeared in many identical forms, and the next moment it was again only one. Sometimes it was visible, and sometimes not. Thus Śālva's opponents could never be sure where it was.

SB 10.76.22: From one moment to the next the Saubha airship appeared on the earth, in the sky, on a mountain peak or in the water. Like a whirling, flaming baton, it never remained in any one place.

In the last acount can you see some simelareties with todays UFO phenomen? In any case I do.If interested check this info at

vedabase.net... there is all translated veda free to read.

new topics

top topics

join