It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rite of Memphis-Misraïm

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Only question about that that I have now is is that just a typo then?

TheBorg

Yes. Either OP or his source.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The 20th degree is part of a Senate positioning, obligations and study.
The 35th degree implies in the use of the same title as the 20th degree, yes, but it so happens because this last one is a degree where the FM takes on a Consistory study and obligation. By that, consistory degrees mean to be related to ecclesiastic court nature and, despite the eager curiosity of you all (forgive me for this but) if you are not a mason, you cannot possibly know that, nor any other of the teachings from previous and other degrees. It might be a little trick to find a bit more detailed 'historical' info about the order, a few decent information about the first and second degree (specially nii the us, where some brothers who shortly left the order after these, think they have it all figured out and and the starting 'lip-servicing' what they think they know). It has been some time now since I started to devote some of my time to post in such forums. With respect and politeness, of course. However, one must not assume nor aspire to learn things if not by the very real experiencing of it. Even if you could "find" words that (I assure you) aren't 'written', without 'handling' it properly they are simply devoid of any possible comprehension, usefulness or meaning. My advice has been the following: worry solely (let me repeat that: solely) about living a fair life, a straight life. And wait. Without anticipation nor expectation as well. Sooner than you think, you will be poked and called, and real things might start being said to you. You will then be asked to make a decision as to whether you want to pursue it, or not. If you then should decide to do go for it, it all begins for you. If not so, you are most likely never be spoken to, ever again (from real FMs). That's it. This is all very nice and stimulating, the act of doing so as to feel like a non-governable mind, an individual... but it has nothing to do with neither avoid nor encouraging that. it's a door, a possibility, a lot of responsibility and huge amounts of work on our own vanities and desires of being noticed. Once a FM, you will not care about being noticed. At all. It takes only one stupid (very stupid person) to being in the spotlight, to the lions, to realise that all we really want is inner reward, the achievements and blood and honour and a silent environment for you to work upon your own self. If you do that well, you will then bear a good family and will forever live among 'brothers' (or whatever you want to call them/us). Apart from that, we would all be devoted simpletons of Our Lady of BullCrap. (with your pardon).

Here's something (of non-masonic direct origin) for all of us to quest after:

EQV, Esse Quam Videri.

PS: that is my very family's coat of arms' motooe, before we all go crazy and believe it to be from a second hidden power that's going to manipulate all our fishes-n-chips.

Stay well. Stay real!

PS2: let us all agree with one thing... captcha keyword "iluminati" was cheesy too much a thing for a laugh. Come on lads!?

reply to post by TheBorg

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
All 99 degrees are described on:
www.stichtingargus.nl...

The first 33 degrees are similar to those of the Scottish Rite.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by hawk123]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawk123
All 99 degrees are described on:
www.stichtingargus.nl...

The first 33 degrees are similar to those of the Scottish Rite.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by hawk123]

Of course, you forgot to mention that those 99 degrees are of a irregular body that no longer operates in freemasonry. A few people got the ritual and started their own organizations with it, but are not recognized by any regular or irregular freemasonic body I am familiar with.

There is no degree higher than the 3rd. People have got to get over this obsession with numbered masonic degrees.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacificwind
Memphis-Mirisam, while undoubtedly interesting, is clandestine and not practiced by regular freemasons. [edit on 11-3-2008 by pacificwind]

You have no idea what you are talking about. Memphis Misraim is regularly practiced by the regular mainstream Grand Lodge in Romania (NGLR) by the Grand Orient of Italy (recognized as being the regular Grand Lodge in Italy by American GLs) by Ecuador, Brazil and elsewhere. The Rite of Misraim is practiced by the regular mainstream GLs in Venezuela and the Dominican Republic.

If you are a traveling man, you really need to get out more. Stop looking to the internet for your research.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Of course, you forgot to mention that those 99 degrees are of a irregular body that no longer operates in freemasonry. A few people got the ritual and started their own organizations with it, but are not recognized by any regular or irregular freemasonic body I am familiar with.

There is no degree higher than the 3rd. People have got to get over this obsession with numbered masonic degrees.

This thing about there being nothing higher than the 3rd degree is true in a lodge of Master Masons, but anything higher...is just that...higher. I think the mentality that served to give us the 1813 de-Christianization by the Duke of Sussex, also served to ostracize the higher degrees and broke up the numerous Rites in the UK, and now leads to American Masons who constantly throw this bit around about there being nothing higher than the 3rd degree. None of the leaders behind the scenes in American Masonry ever actually believed that. Some of them like Denslow propagated it, only to aid himself in his battle against the SGC of the Southern Jurisdiction Scottish Rite when his 33rd was in danger of not happening. But, in private...he sought out the ne plus ultra of the most sought out Rites of Masonry.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I just thought I'd interject to note that I was oficially dubbed a 96th°degree Memphis Misraim initiate yesterday, concurrently with I was also named the official National Head for the country in which I live in (which will not be given by name to protect my privacy).

Exciting stuff, at least to me! If any of you have Q's about MM I can see if I can try to answer them or point you to some valid info.

[edit on 6/4/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The Rite of Memphis-Misraim is a rite of the illuminati themselves as it goes beyond the 33rd degree of freemasonry. It deals a lot with old pharaonic (Egyptian) magick and all secret texts from the old civilizations.

Leo Zagami has talked about this Rite, being a former member himself.
He also wrote a brief article about the history of the Rite and how it was formed.
The Memphis, The Mizraim and The Arcana Ancanorum of the Illuminati

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I just thought I'd interject to note that I was oficially dubbed a 96th°degree Memphis Misraim initiate yesterday, concurrently with I was also named the official National Head for the country in which I live in (which will not be given by name to protect my privacy).

Exciting stuff, at least to me! If any of you have Q's about MM I can see if I can try to answer them or point you to some valid info.

[edit on 6/4/09 by silent thunder]

I would point out that the organization to which this person belongs is not one of the mainstream groups and is more of a "magical" operative type order. While I am sure it has merit in it's own right, it is not "Freemasonry" as understood by most.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I would point out that the organization to which this person belongs is not one of the mainstream groups and is more of a "magical" operative type order. While I am sure it has merit in it's own right, it is not "Freemasonry" as understood by most.

Sort of, but it's a complex issue.

Memphis and Mitzraim were originally two separate rites, Memphis being based in large part upon Mitzraim. Both Rites were originally considered more or less regular in Europe, and Garibaldi was actually the head of both of them in Italy.

Here in the United States, Memphis and Mitzraim set themselves up as rivals to the Scottish Rite. A Supreme Sovereign Sanctuary was opened in the 1920's for the purpose of officially closing both rites, and placing them under the jurisdiction of the Grand College of Rites of the United States.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estess
The Rite of Memphis-Misraim is a rite of the illuminati themselves as it goes beyond the 33rd degree of freemasonry.

The Illuminati did not go "beyond the 33rd degree" of any rite of Masonry. The Illuminati consisted of 10 degrees, with its 4th, 5th, and 6th degrees being more or less equivalent to the first three Masonic degrees (Blue Lodge).

Illuminati Degree System

M74

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Sort of, but it's a complex issue.

Memphis and Mitzraim were originally two separate rites, Memphis being based in large part upon Mitzraim. Both Rites were originally considered more or less regular in Europe, and Garibaldi was actually the head of both of them in Italy.

Here in the United States, Memphis and Mitzraim set themselves up as rivals to the Scottish Rite. A Supreme Sovereign Sanctuary was opened in the 1920's for the purpose of officially closing both rites, and placing them under the jurisdiction of the Grand College of Rites of the United States.

So far it has basically just been asserted that the rite has gone defunct/become unrecognized, but my question would be why? Why was it considered only "quasi"-masonic, not fully masonic? Why did the rite willfully submit/reform to the Grand College? Why does the rite have such a forbidden quality to it?

Also, after doing a quick search on the internet, what do you make of bodies like this which claim to be regular: www.sovereignsanctuary.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by M74

So far it has basically just been asserted that the rite has gone defunct/become unrecognized, but my question would be why? Why was it considered only "quasi"-masonic, not fully masonic? Why did the rite willfully submit/reform to the Grand College?

The chief officers of the Rites of Memphis and Mitzraim in the United States created the Grand College of Rites so that M and M would not fade into history, and would continue to be studied by Masons.

Why does the rite have such a forbidden quality to it?

There were different reasons for this in different jurisdictions. In some jurisdictions, M and M attempted to establish Blue Lodges, which is in violation of Masonic law. Only Grand Lodges, not Sovereign Sanctuaries or Supreme Councils, have the authority to do that.

In other jurisdictions, M and M began to admit women and atheists, also in violation of Masonic law.

Furthermore, in many jurisdictions, M and M leaders began to sell its degrees to anyone willing to pay for them, even advertising in newspapers. Since in most jurisdictions there were very few (if any) actual meetings of these Rites, and most of the degrees didn't have actual rituals associated with them, these Rites in large part came to only exist on paper. It was in effect only selling people titles, which was seen as a money-making scheme.

Also, after doing a quick search on the internet, what do you make of bodies like this which claim to be regular: www.sovereignsanctuary.org...

Currently, the only regular Masonic body in the United States that holds jurisdiction over Memphis and Mitzraim is the Grand College of Rites. There are various other groups claiming to be Memphis and/or Mitzraim, and some claim to be regular. But all of them are officially irregular, with the exception of the Grand College of Rites.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7ringladder
You have no idea what you are talking about. Memphis Misraim is regularly practiced by the regular mainstream Grand Lodge in Romania (NGLR) by the Grand Orient of Italy (recognized as being the regular Grand Lodge in Italy by American GLs) by Ecuador, Brazil and elsewhere. The Rite of Misraim is practiced by the regular mainstream GLs in Venezuela and the Dominican Republic.

If you are a traveling man, you really need to get out more. Stop looking to the internet for your research.

This thing about there being nothing higher than the 3rd degree is true in a lodge of Master Masons, but anything higher...is just that...higher. I think the mentality that served to give us the 1813 de-Christianization by the Duke of Sussex, also served to ostracize the higher degrees and broke up the numerous Rites in the UK, and now leads to American Masons who constantly throw this bit around about there being nothing higher than the 3rd degree. None of the leaders behind the scenes in American Masonry ever actually believed that. Some of them like Denslow propagated it, only to aid himself in his battle against the SGC of the Southern Jurisdiction Scottish Rite when his 33rd was in danger of not happening. But, in private...he sought out the ne plus ultra of the most sought out Rites of Masonry.

Thanks for your above posts 7ringladder.

Look up the Duke of Sussex in Godfrey Higgins' Anacalypsis if you have it, or on Google Books

This is interesting as well:

Freemasons-freemasonry/Godfrey Higgins' Anacalypsis

"From a Masonic document now in my possession, I can prove that no very long time ago the Chaldees of York were Freemasons, that they constituted the Grand Lodge of England, and that they held their meetings in the Crypt under the Grand Cathedral of that city... the Lodge, which was the Grand Lodge of All England had been held under the Cathedral in the Crypt at York." (SOURCE: Anacalypsis Vol. 1, p. 718 by Godfrey Higgins 1833-1836)

AD 926 - ENGLAND'S MOST ANCIENT GRAND LODGE IS ESTABLISHED BY ROYAL CHARTER

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The writings of John Yarker, Ragon, and H.P. Blavatsky have many clues as well.

H.P. Blavatsky's Masonic Patent

And let us not forget Manly P. Hall, who is recognized by the Scottish Rite as the greatest Masonic Philosopher of the 20th Century, and his writings on Cagliostro and St. Germain:

The Most Holy Trinosophia

...The Comte de St.-Germain and Sir Francis Bacon are the two greatest emissaries sent into the world by the Secret Brotherhood in the last thousand years.

The principles disseminated by the Comte de St.-Germain were undoubtedly Rosicrucian in origin and permeated with the doctrines of the Gnostics. The Comte was the moving spirit of Rosicrucianism during the eighteenth century—possibly the actual head of that order—and is suspected of being the great power behind the French Revolution. There is also reason to believe that Lord Bulwer-Lytton’s famous novel, Zanoni, is actually concerned with the life and activities of St.-Germain. He is generally regarded as an important figure in the early activities of the Freemasons. Repeated efforts, however, probably with an ulterior motive, have been made to discredit his Masonic affiliations. Maags of London are offering for sale a Masonic minute book in which the signatures of both Comte de St.-Germain and the Marquis de Lafayette appear. It will yet be established beyond all doubt that the Comte was both a Mason and a Templar; in fact, the memoirs of Cagliostro contain a direct statement of his own initiation into the order of the Knights Ternplars at the hands of St.-Germain. Many of the illustrious personages with whom the Comte associated were high Masons, and sufficient memoranda have been preserved concerning the discussions which they held to prove that he was a Chaster of Freemasonic lore....

...The Egyptianized interpretation of Freemasonic symbolism which is so evident in the writings of Ragon and other French Masonic scholars of the same period (such as Court de Gabelin and Alexandre Lenoir) is also present in the figures and text of the St.-Germain manuscript. In his comments on the Rite of Misraim, called the Egyptian Rite, Ragon distinguishes 90 degrees of Masonic Mysteries. The Ist to 33rd degrees he terms symbolic; the 34th to 66th degrees, philosophic; the 67th to 77th, mystic; and the 78th to 90th, Cabbalistic. The Egyptian Freemasonry of Cagliostro may also have been derived from St.-Germain or from some common body of Illuminists of whom St.-Germain was the moving spirit. Cagliostro’s memoirs contain a direct statement of his initiation into the Order of Knights Templars at the hands of St.-Germain. De Luchet gives what a modern writer on Cagliostro calls a fantastic account of the visit paid by Allesandro and his wife the Comtesse Felicitas to St.-Germain in Germany, and their subsequent initiation by him into the sect of the Rosicrucians—of which he was the Grand Master or chief. There is nothing improbable in the assumption that Cagliostro secured La Très Sainte Trinosophie from St.-Germain and that the manuscript is in every respect an authentic ritual of this society....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

And let us not forget Manly P. Hall, who is recognized by the Scottish Rite as the greatest Masonic Philosopher of the 20th Century, and his writings on Cagliostro and St. Germain:

Just for the record, neither Manly Hall nor anyone else are recognized by the Scottish Rite as a "greatest Masonic philosopher".

When Hall died, his obituary appeared in the Scottish Rite Journal. The author of that obituary referred to him as "Freemasonry's greatest philosopher", but quite obviously, the author cannot speak for the Scottish Rite, or any other Mason but himself.

While I personally find some of Hall's writings interesting, I also recognize that a great amount of his work was based on lore and his own sometimes wild imagination.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was actually referencing a post, Masonic Light, that you yourself had written; although I was mistaken in thinking that you had said "...of the 20th Century" in regard to Manly P. Hall.

Anyhow, these were your exact words(emphasis added by Tamahu):

reply to post by Masonic Light

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Actually, Hall wrote throughout his entire life, and lived to be 91.

Also, I'm not sure if the majority of Masons familiar with Hall would agree with your analysis. When he died in the early 1990's, the Scottish Rite Journal, which is the official publication of the Supreme Council, hailed him as Masonry's greatest modern philosopher.

Photo of Illustrious Brother Manly P. Hall, 33rd Degree

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: triples

History - wise, Memphis and Misraim is far more relevant and connected to real happenings in Europe then 'regular' masonry. Same goes for Grand Orient masonry. It is somewhat funny to look down to Continental Masonry from the position of UGLE "regularity".
edit on 18-6-2015 by VladCadavre because: Typo

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: VladCadavre
Are you a Mason?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join