It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'German children tired of Holocaust'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

'German children tired of Holocaust'

www.jpost.com

German youth are experiencing "Holocaust fatigue," the head of the German delegation to an international organization of Holocaust education and remembrance said Monday.

"German children tend to show Holocaust fatigue," said Dr. Benedikt Haller, the German Foreign Ministry official who serves as special representative for relations with Jewish organizations and issues relating to anti-Semitism.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The sad thing is that the many German folks i have befreinded have said to me that if they show any kind of nationalism and patiriotism to show that they are proud German's, they are labelled Neo Nazis.They do aknowlege the past and are very sorry for what the Nazis did, but they don't need continual reminding 63 years after the event, they want to show how far Germany has come in the 2000's not the past of 1930's and 1940's.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I don't think that the holocaust or either of the world wars should ever be forgotten, for when history is forgotten it is doomed to be repeated (or words to that effect).

Forgiveness is another matter, we should be moving on, but we will remember them.

MonKey

[edit on 11/3/08 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It would be nice if American children even knew about the Holocaust of the Native peoples here..

Instead they celebrate Christopher Columbus....

Sigh....

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
yeah, its sad.. it does exist.
when I was in Germany, Id ask people I talk to, if they experience anything rude, or untoward from others relating to their past?
they all said yes...

sadly, this isnt anything, anyone can change.

It just shows the true lengths that war crimes have on society, in the present and in the future.

how long will it take for Americans to lose the image they have gained in the middle east?

Probably not as long as the Germans, fair enough... but to even come close after such a horrific period ( 40's ) has its own extreme conseqeuences. How can anyone committ brason war crimes again?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You can't really blame the german kids.The constant holocaust bombardment for decades must be dead annoying.They know their ancestors have done a mistake but common that doesn't mean the rest of the generations should be reminded constantly about the horrors.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Attari

I completely agree that the Holocaust is way overdone and that Germans should be left alone already.

I completely disagree with your overall mission though (80% of all your breaking-news-posts have an anti-jewish slant to them).

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Attari

I completely disagree with your overall mission though (80% of all your breaking-news-posts have an anti-jewish slant to them).

Well if you look properly its not 80%.If theres something wrong with showing abit more of zionist terrorism for Once we would understand where the others are coming from.

Can we please stay on topic now?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't care if they are tired of learning about the Holocaust, they should continue to do so. And not because they are German, because we all should, I am English and I learn about the Holocaust still, and it has put over a bad image of Germany as a country sure.

But I have a German friend and would easily make more, just because I don't like the country as a whole (Just as I don't like my own country as a whole because of the choices that are made by the public) doesn't mean I have anything against an individual.

So no, they should continue to learn and if they get abuse thrown at them because of it then all it shows is how bad the rest of us are, and continues to give them more of a reason not to repeat it ever again.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attari

reply to post by Attari

Well if you look properly its not 80%.If theres something wrong with showing abit more of zionist terrorism for Once we would understand where the others are coming from.

Can we please stay on topic now?

Given the fact that SkyFloating is a Forum Moderator, and that he was simply showing the bias you bring, I believe it is competely on topic.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
My question is why don't they stress OTHER horrible massacres such as this in other nations?

Clearly, if one man can be this barbaric, then so can others (as proven in history).

I am Jewish from Israel by the way, and in class, I never heard of any other massacre/holocaust except of the one in WW2.

I never understood why.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by Attari

reply to post by Attari

Given the fact that SkyFloating is a Forum Moderator, and that he was simply showing the bias you bring, I believe it is competely on topic.

Ok if i am anti-semitic for speaking out against zionist terrorism,than i am proud of it!

Looks like i will have to make a thread for the ones who wana bash be for being soo anti-zionist.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintar
My question is why don't they stress OTHER horrible massacres such as this in other nations?

Clearly, if one man can be this barbaric, then so can others (as proven in history).

I am Jewish from Israel by the way, and in class, I never heard of any other massacre/holocaust except of the one in WW2.

I never understood why.

Simple, because they don't want to draw attention to the fact that genocide is a common element in all warfare. Every culture which has had conquests into other cultures comits genocide and revisionist history so as to obliterate the other culture. It is a simple "Survival of the fittest" applied to cultures.

And to the one who mentioned Chris Columbus... remember that it was the natives he found who called the Isle Caribe Savages, not him. The Isle Caribe also were given to raping and pillaging the natives that Chris came in contact with.

All peoples are genocidal period. Is it an atrocity.. sure, can we expect war to occur without it, nope, not at all.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The point by skyfloating was actually an attempt to be polite, as was my comment yesterday in one of your threads.

We're trying to work WITH members in a very polite fashion instead of simply moving threads which gets people upset.

The point I made yesterday and which skyfloating has made today is a very simple one.

What you are submitting as "alternative news" is not alternative news. It appears that you are simply googling "zionist" or "jewish" and submitting any relevant hits to ATS as alternative news. I have no idea why.

If you read the relatively simply guidelines of what qualifies as news for this particular forum, and if you take a peek at some of the other stories you will clearly see that an article from elsewhere regarding German children being "tired of the Holocaust" is not something that would be posted here.

You've been asked twice politely and have chosen to ignore the requests even resorting to asking the staff member who questioned you to "stay on topic". The newsflash for you is that he is on topic and was trying to ascertain exactly why the concept of the "breaking alternative news forum" appears to be lost on you.

I will consider this the completion of our reaching out to you regarding this issue and please accept this as notification that future posts such as this one will be moved to the forums where they belong. I'm sorry, but googling your pet peeve does not make for alternative news material.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Attari

I completely agree that the Holocaust is way overdone and that Germans should be left alone already.

I do understand why you would disagree with him, but it left me wondering. Is it good or bad to dislike any group of people. Examples:

It's not ok to dislike Jewish people, because then your Anit-Semite.
It's not ok to dislike Africans, because then your Racist

But:

It's ok to dislike Nazi's for obvious reasons, but really when you think of Nazi, your really thinking German, there is a difference. I'm sure they are getting tired of hearing about things they are not responsible for, yet must bear the shame to this day.

Lets look at another group:

It's ok to hate Muslims, they are the scourge of the modern world, and the menacing threat against Israel, no person anywhere is safe because of the Islamic Terrorist. [sarcasm, I guess]

Now many or most Africans are Muslim, and well Israel is surrounded by Muslims, yet Israel is the only one Expanding, or Advancing. They are taking their neighbors land by force, then they react in shock and horror when they are attacked, by the people they seem to be repressing.

Now what do we do? Will Israelis someday be forced to repent to the Muslims they have displaced, or oppressed?

I just find it interesting that what happened to the Jew in WWII is now happening to Israels neighbors[Muslims], just at a slower pace.

And something was mentioned about learning something from history?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I will consider this the completion of our reaching out to you regarding this issue and please accept this as notification that future posts such as this one will be moved to the forums where they belong. I'm sorry, but googling your pet peeve does not make for alternative news material.

If this thread breaks any of the rules than you can re-shift it or take it off.

Next time i will try and be more careful.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The kids are tried not from hearing about it, but from everyone trying to transfer guilt to their generation. We do the same thing here in the US. We have the congress asking for forgiveness on events that no one living today had anything to do with. Teach history to the kids,so they may not repeat it. But remember they did not commit the sins of the past.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
To everything there is a season.

I time to Heal,

And a time to Kill.

So let's just move on.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't care if the kids of Germany are tired of hearing heroic tales of their fathers and grandfathers murdering defenseless civilians including Jews. They have to realize that a civilized world does not tolerate this type of warfare, anymore.

Also the Chinese teach their children the brutality of the Japanese while Japan virtually ignores it's past in WW2. Do you think the children of Russia aren't taught about the battles and killings of WW2?

Let's not forget that Germany started 2 world wars one generation apart. History repeating itself?.... These kids should have this drilled into their young, impressionable heads.

To the kids of Germany, tell your sorrows of how hurtful bring up the past is at the gates of the remaining concentration camps.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
I don't care if the kids of Germany are tired of hearing heroic tales of their fathers and grandfathers murdering defenseless civilians including Jews. They have to realize that a civilized world does not tolerate this type of warfare, anymore.

Really? What portion of this world would that be? Surely not the US (Gitmo, Abu Graib). Maybe Russia? (Gulag) Perhaps China?(Simply making people disappear. What about the Toleration of Darfur, Sudan, Somalia.. the list goes on and on.

I'm sick of people acting as if the civilized world doesn't tolerate atrocities. Get a Clue Hinky!!!

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Quazga]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join