It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a Red Dawn remake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Over the weekend I caught the classic film on a cable network. While watching I couldn't help but recall what an important film this was to my generation.

I also couldn't help but notice how old it was, (or I am for that matter!) and that with what they can do with film nowadays a remake could be something very special.

One also should wonder that with the state of the world today, and the position of the USA in it, if a film like that would even be allowed to be made. Whether by studio heads afraid of crossing that threshold, or darker more sinister opponents not wanting to arouse skepticism in the sheeple.

I like thinking big...like how about Spielberg or Stone? Hell, let's go really big and get the Wachowski brothers!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I agree, what a classic. And if for nothing else, they should do it for Patrick Swayze!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiser Sohse

Cold War movies rock. I agree with a remake.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I just liked the hot chicks in white camouflage.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
RED DAWN IS a great movie. The movie has held together remakably well since it was released in the early 1980's. I, too, wouldn't mind seeing RED DAWN 2. Patrick Swayze was great in that film, as was Jennifer Grey and the others. And it was superbly edited as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I remember watching that movie when I as growing up.
Its a great movie,i'd love to see this movie remade.

Wolverines!!!!!!!!

Red Dawn

apc

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
YES! Unfortunately I don't know if it would work yet. There's noone with the serious capacity to invade us. The Soviets are still the only ones in recent history. Maybe the Chinese soon so at least they could keep the title. Of course... it would be a movie... could exaggerate China's capabilities a tad.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

It would absolutely have to be the Russians....and the Chinese playing the role of the Cubans! Or the Cubans too!

top topics

join