It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who creates evil?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Sorry Borg, I mean did Satan really have a choice or God made him fall.
Some say angels don't have freewill, although I don't recall anywhere in the bible that say it. If I got you right, Satan do has freewill, right?

I know what you meant, and I was asking if it really mattered that much. Why I asked this is because the same results would have been achieved. I don't think there will ever be an answer for this one though, other than God did this "for his own good pleasure".

See, He, God might be the one who made Satan did it, it was His plan all along. Therefore He didn't denounce Satan as one of His child. Or it could be a different Satan.
And yes I also find God and Satan relationship rather intriguing.

My other point exactly. If they are so close to one another, then they are not really as juxtaposed as we'd like to believe. I believe that when Satan goes into the "burning lake of fire" that he will just be cleaned of all of his evil, and be returned to the seat that he held before the "fall".

As you can tell, I'm not your average Christian. I have a VERY unorthodox belief system; one based not on the normal lines, but one based on experience and years of study.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, I believe the number came from a psychology class. Although the number probably varies from person to person, I think 80% was the average, then the last 20% was sensation. (Sensation is not the same as perception)

[edit on 13-3-2008 by ShadowedRedemption]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Then how about this? Is this Evil?

Deuteronomy 32:37-40

37 He will say: "Now where are their gods,
the rock they took refuge in,

38 the gods who ate the fat of their sacrifices
and drank the wine of their drink offerings?
Let them rise up to help you!
Let them give you shelter!

39 "See now that I myself am He!
There is no god besides me.
I put to death and I bring to life,
I have wounded and I will heal,
and no one can deliver out of my hand.

40 I lift my hand to heaven and declare:
As surely as I live forever,

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I just got an epiphany, seriously. Who creates evil. It's pride. Pride creates evil.
Yeah I know, it's not new. It's common knowledge that pride is the deadliest of all sins.

God maybe didn't create evil directly, but He allowed sins to happen. But where pride come from?

Ah, why think about it right now, that's a later question. So, humility is the key. Now, how to make men humble?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join