It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Christians Been Duped?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Every single comment you've made to me has had not one thing to do with the concerns, questions, or responses regarding your claim that Christians have been duped. It is no surprise that you resort to name calling or personal attacks to end the discussion. You know you are wrong; and therefore you cannot find one single factual or reasonable explanation regarding what you claim here in this topic, I've pointed you out rather than, as others have, agreeing with your nonsense. As always...when a person cannot defend their claims, they will coward out as you have.

Where are the defenders of the Word of God? Anyone? Hello? Totally disgusting that anyone would even remotely consider what you say as truth or defend your behaviour. Yes, this is a very upside down world for sure.

Selah

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eightpoundworld

Dude its all about rightcus anger. and you really shouldnt use the belifes you disagree with to back you up, you look despret. use science and comon noledge. And when you attack your not helping. the problem with these people is they believe what they need to (or want to) they're not always thinking logecly. and always question but don't expect the right anwser.

I am not sure who you were talking to, but thank you for your points!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Elisha4Yah

LOL!

Okay! Flame on and vomit to your heart's content.

How about applying the love is patient and love is kind passage to yourself.

What? You wish me to fight with you instead? I do not wish to behave so unbecomingly. I will strive with anyone, but to engage in strife is another matter entirely.

You took the one thing you deemed negative from my last post and chose that as your reason to comment back and laugh out loud.

There was not just ONE thing negative in your last post. I was lumping together the general theme from both your last and previous posts in my response. You are free to be as you wish.

You do not approve of the way I defend truth, you are free to address me,

Another said it better than I could...

Some, to be sure, are preaching Christ even from envy and strife, but some also from good will; the latter do it out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel; the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition rather than from pure motives, Philippians 1:15-17

Building on that...

Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing.

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. James 3:13-18

You did not wish to take any council offered in the spirit of peacemaking, but your response was: the loving Christian you all have stamped upon for all these years is now serving you with
Get used to it.
After jumping to the incorrect conclusion that I was not a believer.

Something is clouding your vision and it appeared to me that it was from offenses received due to the above italized statement of yours.

We are to forgive, not lash out in kind.

...but to state that I'm wrong or what I should/should not do is quite possibly the reason the OP left Christianity.

They have told you enough times already, but you do not see it.

If you came home with your house on fire and there was no time to call for help without the person inside perishing; would you stand outside the window and serenade them with love songs or climb up and pull them out even if it meant risking a few burns, cuts and bruises and possibly a broken bone or two? Think about that with regards to eternal life.

You have no idea the number of people's lives I have saved and the risks that that sometimes involved. Nevertheless, to answer your question, I am sure that the angels that attend to me would allow God's will to be done.

Where are the defenders of the Word of God?

If people actually lived the gospel, there would be no need to defend the Word of God. Those who truly defend the Word of God are those who live the gospel.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think Christian have been duped in many ways. First of all I do not agree with all the revisions and rewriting of the bible witch changes the true meaning of what is said. Second if anyone has read the book “Behold the pale horse” it raises a theory that the mark of the beast in revelation is actually referring to going to church on Sunday. Because the actual sabot is on Saturday and the Roman Catholic Church changed it to entice the worshipers of the sun and convert them Christianity. Likewise the seal of god being the opposite of the mark would be going to church on Saturday. In this way all those Christians break a major commandment “Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy”. All those people duped by the Catholic Church witch in the book is also referred to as the whore of Babylon that rides on the beast. Because the empire fell like dead and then rose becoming the church and is once again a nation. I could say more but I’ll wait to see what the response is.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I know the bible is correct I want you to look around games and movie and notice their is satan all over were do you think evil comes from wake up satan has the lost by the throut
I know it is hard to follow the bible we must try to over come are sins we are all guilt thats why he died for us all we have to do is ask for his forgiveness. we are not perfect I know we all struggle even I have but dont listen to satans lies.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

I think there is a reason that so many of us are questioning the bible right now. I was accused of being in trouble of losing my faith but I realize that my faith is maybe even stronger then before because I can accept a God that does not have to look like or be like me. I can not accept a God that is not a sweet old white haired benevolent man that created and loves everything and everybody yet on his whim will command one of his children to kill the other because it is more please with one then the other on that day. A sweet old man that wipes out all life on this earth because a handful of his people became unruly and disobedient. I could go on and on and on. At some point you have to wake up and realize something really wrong here. Then you start to do the math and see just who benefits from these tales. Who is the one that is always on top by killing and pushing someone else to the bottom? Who has tales for excuses for every one of their actions and just the opposite of Geraldine, God made me do it. I believe strongly in God. Just not the one they describe in the bible.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
what if your the lost because you don't wanna research the truth and question what is socialy accepted as truth. what if satan has you by the throat because you break gods commandments by refuseing to honor his holy day

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by redwolf.of.odin

I think Christian have been duped in many ways. First of all I do not agree with all the revisions and rewriting of the bible witch changes the true meaning of what is said.

Thank you for your response! This thread tends to get picked up every now and then.

Yes, the Bible has been written and revised many times and all based on copies. That in itself is interesting. So it brings up the question: what DOES God want us to believe?

This, I believe is the quest that so many of us are on. To discover and search out accurate truths, and not necessarily what we have been taught to believe!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

That is exactly right.

Your points are right on all accounts....IMO of course.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by christianlove

Well, what you are saying many of us were indeed taught! But...what if???

What if Satan is actually on the same team as God and Jesus? Supposing he really is working for heavenly congress and just doing his duty?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

At some point you have to wake up and realize something really wrong here. Then you start to do the math and see just who benefits from these tales. Who is the one that is always on top by killing and pushing someone else to the bottom? Who has tales for excuses for every one of their actions and just the opposite of Geraldine, God made me do it. I believe strongly in God. Just not the one they describe in the bible.

Thank you! We agree.

So there MUST be a different story behind the story and it is one that I enjoy exploring!!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

Hi, my friend!! Long time no see!

This thread makes it up out of the morass every now and again.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've always thought that religion evolved. Maybe Christianity is just evolving right now... or is the evolution of anything against their beliefs? We can say "changing/growing" then. Money, politics, relationships are all very different from when the Bible was written. I think if it were adjusted for today's world, it would make a lot of sense, even to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I've always thought that religion evolved. Maybe Christianity is just evolving right now... or is the evolution of anything against their beliefs? We can say "changing/growing" then. Money, politics, relationships are all very different from when the Bible was written. I think if it were adjusted for today's world, it would make a lot of sense, even to me.

You bring out some good points.

I am not sure that religion evolves, tho. Because they are still teaching things that have been taught for centuries. And they are fearful of changes.

It would be nice to have an addendum to the Bible. I agree, it would be a welcome sight, especially if God has his hand in it and does not allow for mistranslating of his word.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
i think the the religion has changed to much allready over the years as people add there own little ideas to it. i think first and for most we have to get to the root of the religion and do away with all the social misconseptions. so that the religion can be viewed in its true form and i think that it will be much diffrent than what every one sees in the faith now

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

i think the the religion has changed to much allready over the years as people add there own little ideas to it. i think first and for most we have to get to the root of the religion and do away with all the social misconseptions. so that the religion can be viewed in its true form and i think that it will be much diffrent than what every one sees in the faith now

But this leaves us in a conundrum. Which religion would that be? There are thousands. Why not just leave religion out of it and go straight to the source? Do we really need the middleman?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
all of them the bigest trick in history was makeing people think satan or a evil power does not exist. the second was forcing the diffrent "religions to fight each other in the name of religion. what if after the the pervtions are weeded out each religion is a part of a truth that fits with the other religions. we never know until we question what has been changed. and why

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

all of them the bigest trick in history was makeing people think satan or a evil power does not exist. the second was forcing the diffrent "religions to fight each other in the name of religion. what if after the the pervtions are weeded out each religion is a part of a truth that fits with the other religions. we never know until we question what has been changed. and why

Yes, and now Satan wants the attention!! He wants recognition!

But...I now believe that the joke has been on us. For I do believe (and it was a very hard thing to adjust to) that he is actually on God's team. But he plays the devils advocate, hahahaha, he does what God chooses or cannot do. Plays the bad guy.

I do recognize that religion offers a security for most. I used to feel the same way, so I respect that. I just feel that anytime man gets involved in control in any way, he fails.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
i believe you are right he acts out the part of The bad guy" as planed from the begining. but i think it is because he is predestaned to do so and cannot change his fate. and if you think that he wants attention maybe that is because he has all ready been loosed upon this earth for his 1000 years reign of control over the earth. all fact could point to that.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

While I think you are wise for the path you took, some will understand the words. It was not meant to be understood by all. It was a call to a certain people that had been scattered in the world.

I believe one should not believe the words in it blindly (after all, the words are a story.. it is what is behind the words that make the call.. most of the stories of the first 5 books, though some based on actual events, were just stories and not actual events. for instance.. moses receiving the 10 commandments on a mount). If it doesn't make sense, then there is nothing wrong with that.

I do think that the 2nd half was written to discern between the hearts of one people, but for the rest... it just is, as you said, a book. Has some good lessons in it and all though

G.d is not in the Bible and that I whole heartedly agree with

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join