It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Christians Been Duped?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Have Christians Been Duped? You bet ya, and it's pretty easy to see how.

Christians will be the first to admit that they are worshipping a mere "belief", and not any know and proven truth. So, technically, they are worshipping a make-believe god. Or in other words, they are worshipping a potential false idol. They are playing make-believe!

When they tell you "god loves you", they are, technically, lying. They do not know for sure when they make such a claim. When you say something is true, but you don't really know it to be true, you are actually lying. Even if what you proclaim to be true later turns out to be true, to say you know it is true when you don't really know yet is still lying.

So, yes, I do suspect the christians are being duped, by not only their religious leaders, but by each other. Technically, to worship a mere belief, and unproven thing, is playing make-believe. False idol worship. If I were a betting man, and I am, my money says "organized religion" is idol worshipping, probably perpetrated by evil itself, to dup the masses into false idol worshipping.

I'll wait for the truth to be proven to me before I'll worship any thing myself.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

There is no reason to feel fearful. That is a teaching from early puritanism that tought hell fire and damnation. Jesus is a loveing God and wants to forgive us if we seek him. We must seek him to find him and once you earnestly do that, everything begins to fall into place for you.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

Well i'm no longer afraid because I now know it's not real

I can't believe in your god. Countless people have tried to "soul save" me so please save your accept christ and find him in your own way stuff for smoeone who won't question their faith.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby
Good luck with that, though! You better not slip up! Your God is the god of love, but if you slip up, he's just aching to fry you up good.

Or maybe the only reason they've been invited to the wedding feast of the lamb is because JeZeus loves them - smothered in barbecue sauce! He does have some rather morbid cannibalistic fantasies in addition to his own self-loathing.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
One time I mentioned that I used to be a Christian on a different forum and it started an argument between two different Christians. One was arguing that I was still saved because I had once asked to be saved. The other was arguing against the once-saved-always-saved idea and said that I would fry in an especially toasty part of Hell for deny Christ after once accepting him. It was pretty amusing.

I told them that nothing would irritate me more than to still be saved when I don't want to be! lol

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

dAlen if you only knew.....

I've spent endless amounts of time, with love, passion, the Word and prayer with people who've let go of their first love. I think the basic emotion is missing when a person is posting or writing, and my emotion is shock, shock that someone would let Him go for something that isn't even truth.

I am firm, unmoveable in my faith. I believe the Word and I listen to Him and you ought to know better than anyone that Paul talks about those that came to the knowledge and then let it go, I think he talks about it in Hebrews-now there is dispute as to who wrote Hebrews, but nevertheless, I stick with the familiarity of words that it's Paul.

I'm not careful to tell someone the exact truth. It's the lack of people telling/warning others that is creating such an apostocy, does anyone care anymore????? God how I hope that some stranger would care enough about me to point these things out.

You're dear to me dAlen and I'm not angry, just confused. Isn't it our duty when we see someone in the fire to pull them out? Isn't it our duty when we see thr sword coming upon the land to sound the alarm? Isn't it our duty to pull a child out of a river before they drown? Or have we really gotten that cold and callous?

Help me understand why someone would bother to post this to begin with. What do they want a "you go man"?! or a "good for you"!! Daniel say's "He would take over the kingdom by flateries for those forsaking the holy covenant......

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

Well i'm no longer afraid because I now know it's not real

I can't believe in your god. Countless people have tried to "soul save" me so please save your accept christ and find him in your own way stuff for smoeone who won't question their faith.

That is fine with me. I by no means intend to Christianize you - just explaining the tenets of the faith. Everything else, of course, is up to you.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

I have tried finding "christ" in my own way but that turned out just the same. Just abunch of loopholes

>I guess your right. We shouldn't do charities, nor should he help each other. In the end it is a bunch of loopholes.

>Look the teachings of Christ are embedded in our DNA whether you like it or not. It is common sense, it is our morals, our ethics and if you think that is a bunch of B/S then go out and try to commit sins. There is something that eats you from the inside once you commit that sin, it is called conscious and these teachings are embedded in it.

>Yes it is not word for word, but it is the same common principal added. Jesus merely helped us understand that principal. You don't follow Christ that is fine by me, but what he means about no one enters the kingdom of heaven through him, is following these simple morals and ethics. Help each other out, give to the people who need, don't do things to show people you are better then them etc.

>Those are his teachings and if you reject them then you are the type of person who hates helping people or enjoys laughing at other's expenses or murders, steals etc. If you do not follow him yet you still do the good things he speaks about you are still a good person. Those teachings have been around before Jesus came to be, but he merely came to enforce what should be done. Helping each other out, and being the best people we can be.

>Take what I told you any way you want. In the end it comes down to you being either a good person or a sinner.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby
It was pretty amusing.

Sure it is amusing until you think about what these psychotics will do if they ever get the kind of political power they "lust"
for. But to say god is love but if you don't believe in him, love him and obey him yada yada yada he will roast you in hell for eternity is just sick! That is RAPE, not love.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't see the bible as duping anybody, but I blame religious organizations from the misleading of faiths and believes.

If people were all synchronized with God, the bible and their faith, we would not have the need of all the differences denominations of churches around.

It is after all one god and one bible.

Either religion is very difficult to interpret or is many out there that can see how much profits religion can bring.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Some related issues:

Chris White attacks Alan Watt for not being a Christian and is torn apart by the Outlaws

This one has the audio of William Cooper, a Christian himself, talking about the Masonic symbolism present within Christianity:

The case against Chris White (proof he is wrong)

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

So if I do good things but not in the name of christ there's no point to doing them?

That is your belief. There are tons of good people who don't do good things in jesus' name. Christians should be more open minded and not always think that their gods way is the only way, and if your not a christian then it was all in vain.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I spent so many years 'duped' into thinking having a good time was all there was. Until I ASKED God, not a preacher, not my Momma, if He was real.
The truth is Honest, Powerful, and Loving.
I, however, didn't spend my heathenish days, trying to abuse Christians, when I might have had been able to do something better.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Now, dear brothers and sisters, I appeal to you by the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ to stop arguing among yourselves. Let there be real harmony so there won't be divisions in the church. I plead with you to be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.... Some of you are saying, "I am a follower of Paul." Others are saying, "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Peter, " or "I follow only Christ." Can Christ be divided into pieces? Was I, Paul, crucified for you? Were any of you baptized in the name of Paul? (I Cor 1:10,12-13)

Maybe you will understand why I posted the above scripture, Marg6043 brought out a great point in her post, which coincides with what began at the onset of the churches foundation: division. She is correct in her conclusion that the Bible itself doesn’t dupe anyone .

In my early years of being a Christian, I used to wonder how it was, that out of one book (Bible), there could come so many doctrines? Some were close in teaching with slight variations and then it went to the extreme of others appearing as something completely set apart from the Bible itself. That evidence raised the question within me, why was this? It was then I arrived at the above scripture and the answer became clear, division, but more precisely, the obvious fact that men make the error of positioning themselves with whomever they received the truth from. Bring that scripture into today’s society and you would read, “I am of the Baptist, I am of the Methodist, I am of the Catholic,” the list is endless.

As for the multitude of doctrines (teachings) today, which have stemmed out of this one book, yes, that too falls back onto the men who have gone in, however motivated they were in heart, and coming out with personal interpretations derived from those motivations. There again, only God knows the heart and why they endeavored to sever themselves and add another splinter to the already divided root.

The only resolution I found, after taking note of the multitude of doctrines which exist today, coupling that with that the fact of how this book ( Bible) speaks of wide spread deception at the close of the age, was to take note of Paul’s questions above and realize, Christ can’t be divided, only He was crucified for me and only in His name was I baptized. In other words, lay hold of the foundation, don’t budge from it and by no means, don’t allow any other to build upon that foundation with their interpretation. After all, in the end, only the foundation , faith in Christ crucified (The Cross of Christ) will satisfy God.

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith

The key is to fight and hold onto your faith, that is a battle in this day and age, and, there are some who will not fight, but let go of their faith, and feel the more better for having done so, as has been obvious from reading this thread, but to others, they maintain the fight and will reach the end having fought the good fight, not because they remained faithful to some church, some church leader, but faithful to the foundation which God supplied through Christ.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I agree, Posey, there are tenets of the faith that hold true throughout all the different denominations of which we do not have to divide.

1) Christ lived and was God
2) Christ died as our Savior
3) You must receive Christ in your heart to be saved
4) Once you are saved, you may live eternally with the Heavenly Father

There are other aspects I can name...these are just a few. But most other points are fine-pointed disagreements within the differing denominations and need not divide us. In other words, we can agree to disagree which is what most churches within the faith have done.

There are other aspects which do divide and where we cannot agree to disagree. One of those I can think of is that we are saved by grace, not through works, lest anyone should be able to boast. Because no man can do better works than anyone else. Doing good works fails, because we are inherently sinners.

That is why we are no longer under the law and thank Jesus for making it so that we no longer are under the law. If we were, we would still have to follow all 635 laws given to the Jews in the Old Testament.

If I'm incorrect anywhere here, JD, please correct. I in no way can explain it as eloquently as you do with the scriptures.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Hey there, Idle-Rocker! I appreciate your kind words, and I am also aware of the fact that we make up one body, with different functions and can not do without each other! I need you, just as you need me and whoever else within this forum shares that same faith, we need them and they need us!

Aside from that, you are correct, there are many disagreements which divide, and some are disputed to the extent, that one slight disagreement will effect the salvation of the other. What matters most, as you have pointed out, is the foundation, what we build on that foundation is what will be tested by fire, and, as the scripture states, though a man's work be burned up, if the foundation is secure, then that man will be saved, regardless. This is why I try to stress the foundation of the faith more than anything, Christ crucified, because it is from the cross of Christ that the power of God flows. (I Corinthians 1:18)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

Exactly! I knew you'd come through there for me. Jesus died for US, everyone of US. No just me, not just you, but everyone, regardless of how we've acted in the past or are acting now or will act in the future. The point is he was crucified and rose from the dead. He sacrificed himself as the lamb of God to take our place. He did it TO himself knowing he must do it and there was no other way. He was God and it was God's plan for salvation.

When we accept this fact and pray to ask for him to come into our hearts and lives, we receive his loving forgiveness. And I cannot even describe to you what that does for your life.

This is the main point of Christianity and the most important thing to know. Once you have done this, whether you become a Baptist, Methodist or Presbyterian, etc. doesn't matter so much. Jesus' death and resurrection and your acceptance of it is the main tenet of the faith.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I don't see the bible as duping anybody, but I blame religious organizations from the misleading of faiths and believes.

If people were all synchronized with God, the bible and their faith, we would not have the need of all the differences denominations of churches around.

It is after all one god and one bible.

Either religion is very difficult to interpret or is many out there that can see how much profits religion can bring.

Yes Marg, if you're speaking of Christianity when you say religion, the Bible is difficult to interpret because the Old Testament is written in Hebrew where many of the words used represented many different meanings for the word. That is why there is so much disagreement. The New Testament is easier since it was written mostly in Greek, but still has its difficulties. However, most of the disagreements are fine points that don't affect the basic tenet of the faith, which is salvation through Jesus.

[edit on 3/16/08 by idle_rocker]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
One thing is for certain: Earth humans sure like to prefer to believe whatever they personally prefer to believe instead. To hell with the truth.
Playing make-believe instead, rules, eh? Hell yeah!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
One thing is for certain: Earth humans sure like to prefer to believe whatever they personally prefer to believe instead. To hell with the truth.
Playing make-believe instead, rules, eh? Hell yeah!

If you believe in nothing, you still have faith in that nothingness. Everyone's belief system is personal to him/herself. If you choose to live by no rules you will soon reap the consequences of your decision. All regligions, no matter which one, believe that what goes around comes around and you reap what you sow.

If you prefer to call it "make-believe" that is your decision. However, you are probably young and you must realize that your decisions now will affect everything about your future.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join