It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2009 will your TV be watching you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The police where I live use FLIR cameras to spot grow houses, but they can be used for other things of course.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well unfortunately, in the lovely 'take away all those rights' USA, the FBI can remotely turn on your mobile phones camera and mic without it alerting you at all.

When computers can consistently check human voices for keywords, they can target people who have said words they assume are against the Government. This is right here and right now, and we're letting them do it because we want the next biggest craze in the technoworld.

Hopefully Obama will reverse some of the damage done to the World by Bush.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Everything watches us these days. Our Tv sets, our computer monitors, our vehicles, cellular devices, even the toys we buy our children. And let's not forget the satelites that can be trained on us at any given second.

Kinda makes you wanna just curl up into a ball and become reclusive, right? Well, no time for that. Grin, bear it, and enjoy your life.

The only eyes on you that matter is God's.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

You forget that the customer is probably pays the cable company at least 100 bucks per month.

They have all the statistics as do the channels. They just don't get the info with a customers records attached. I don't think you realize how much that lawsuit would be worth and how hard it would be to hide the wrong doing not to mention all the employee's would know it was being done to them also. The lawsuit and loss of customers is worth more then any money the MSM would pay to know you like watching midgets show their feet while eating a tuna salad.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by whoshotJR]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
We have TIVO and the last several evenings garbage has been appearing on our TV screen. It only appears on the TV we watch the most often and the only TV we have that is connected to TIVO. We did not think that much of it. It was just annoying. This evening we fell asleep in front of our TV and when we awoke the words "someone's watching you" appeared on our TV screen. This is very strange. If someone was watching us you would think they would do it anonymously and not write it in letters on our screen??

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

So, don't beat off in front of a television that is off, because they are watching you.

I'm going to go home and beat off in front of the TV, that'll stop them watching me. Might be hard to explain to my girlfriend though.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

I have been wondering for a while now since I bought my laptop it has a built in web cam and microphone. I use an headset microphone for gaming but I decided one day to unplug it but everything I said still went through my web cam mic even though my computer was set to only receive sound through my headset. I bet its really easy for someone to turn on my cam or mic whenever they want. Creepy stuff...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Ree
the cable companies have given you an "address." This address is needed to differentiate you from every other subscriber on their network so they can know where to send an 'on-demand' movie that you may have just ordered. Inside that cable box is a chip that allows the cable company technicians to pinpoint and single you out of the thousands of other subscribers. If they want, as they do with 'on-demand' movies, at a moments notice they can create a selective connection between their main office equipment and 'their' cable box which is connected to your TV and your TV screen. Remember what we learned earlier about a TV screen being used as a camera. Now, with their selective connection using their cable box, they can look in to your room using your TV's screen as a camera.

I'm not so sure about this.

The cable box is not assigned an address that is connected to you personally. It has an ID number on the box that is used to activate or deactivate the signal to provide whatever channels you subscribe to, and once actvation has occured, the TV and location where you plug that into isn't something they track. They do know how many boxes are activated under your account.

You can take your Digital Cable Box and connect it to a TV in another location (that's within the region the cable company servicec) in another home, and that home - as long as there is an open cable line running into that home to use, obviously - will receive the service (subscribed channels) that specific cable box was assigned to receive.

Also, suppose you have 2 boxes in one home. Currently you wouldn't have different channel line-ups for each box under one account (because they like to sell packages). Husband and wife will have the same channels. When a movie is ordered from pay per view, it will play on both boxes, again this does not matter if the boxes reside with the person who has the account. Ordering for VOD is different. You could however set up two different accounts if you're into paying double ... It also makes no difference if in one home (or one account) one box is regular digital cable and the other is HD digital cable box, the channel line-up subscribed to will be the same, except the HD box will have the HD channels (if they've been ordered, and cost extra). I have 2 boxes, one is HD and this is how it works. I can switch them around however I choose.

Unplugging the boxes for a set period of time can sometimes kill the signal, and the wires have to be removed, then put back in to download the channels again. Power failures interfere with the signal and will only return partially after being turned on after the blackout (the menu is missing).

Additionally, it's common practice that people sell, lend and even steal cable boxes, and it's just not feesable they would be tracking all the boxes.

I'm sure in the future this current set-up won't apply, but for now it's the way they work.

As for the TV watching you. What about people who cover them inside cabinets? You could throw a blanket over it. It's also becoming popular for people to place their Flat Screen TV's above their fireplace as a decorative feature, which isn't exactly a good vantage point for viewing anything in the room. If you have a mirror over your mantle to use as a test, take a look at what reflects back in it, not much.

It would be far better to have these secret camera's inside something less conspicuous, that would never be covered.

Also, on the light inside the TV parts. What about Plasmas, do they have lights? As far as I know there is no bulb.

I don't doubt for a moment they are spying in every way shape and form they can, but I'm not seeing the conspracy in this digital cable being used as a tool. Digital cable isn't new, it's just new to those who are now having to get it.

The only conspiracy I could see for giving out coupons is to ensure you tune into the brainwashing. But most likely it's an incentive really being given to the cable companies.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I remember thinking the first time I read "1984" how outrageous it sounded that the TV might actually be watching me, but now I'm not so sure. With the end of analog tv broadcast beginning next year, who knows? Maybe analog sets are currently unable to watch and record what you do, but the new digital sets are. What was science fiction yesterday, could be science fact tomorrow.

It's very possible that it will be capable of tracking your viewing habits, listen in on your private conversations, and watch you, just as you watch it. It would be the ultimate surveillance device since practically everyone has one.

Sounds crazy, huh? Yeah.. it probably is, but it's something to think about. I need to go take my meds now.

[edit on 3/10/08 by LLoyd45]

I heard a radio show claiming modern day tvs DO have the technology involved for someone to LOOK back at you through them as crazy as that sounds....

dunno the specifics, can't remember, ....

But I don't watch much tv I use the internet 100x more, I'll occasionally watch some random show, they wouldn't really learn much about me by watching me through my tv

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

wow thats a very thorough explanation! , how you know so much about set top boxes!?

yeah they dont need a set top box to watch you , all they need is them nanobots , cameras far far smaller then the naked eye!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
When I was little I always used to think the T.V was watching me... almost every time I pulled faces the news reporters started to laugh.
It was freaky... I still think that sometimes.
Hmm I hope they don't do it!
Thanks for reading.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm not worried about anybody watching me, my concern would be they finally got their subliminal messages perfected and it works better on the new system. If they care so much about my better picture quality, why not send me a coupon for satilite radio so I can listen to better music stations.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The funny thing about this is that I figured this out on my own, with no prior research, the # made me go nuts. I was even cussing at the cable box, lol I know someone is bound to say Im a dumbass, but I just wanted to let the cable company to know that I knew they were watching me... Even NAS wrote a song about this, its called Sly Fox, in one of his verses he says "Comcast Digital Satan" thats funny because I hadn't even heard this song before, even though he's my favorite rapper, and now he definately is...
I want to know why people aren't tryin to expose this or try to prove it, Im a Christian, and this is definately a sign of the times. They can listen to your Phone conversations, watch you in every room with a cable box, or even just basic cable through the walls, I forget what show it was but some stoners were getting high and one of them said the CIA is in the walls...
They funny thing is that its sadly true now. But for those who think this can't hurt because you think "Oh well, im not a terriorist so they can listen or watch me whenever they want" What if this is exposed and then explained away with some bologna story, like terriorist monitoring when in reality it could well be just to ensure the implatments of oh i don't know RFID chips inserted into your hand or back of the neck!!! Mark of the Beast ladies and gentelmen...
I really don't know if I'm going to get in trouble for postin this, Im sure as im typing it its being reveiwed by some kid at the CIA or the FBI, and heck I might even get a call like some others have claimed to have recieved, but the truth hurts and not all of us sheep are as stupid as you would like us to be, I'd definately blaim it on to much time on my hands... Cuz when you live in a crazy world like this one people don't even give a second thought to this kinda stuff their either to busy or they trust that their government is doing the right thing for the people... Thats funny I don't remember voting on whether or not my cable boxes have the right to monitor me... Oh well though what can one do...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yes, I believe it has already begun with the advent of the digital converter box. Your T.V. screen could be turned into a camera by an outside source and the unknown source could listen to your conversations as well as watch your every move dressed or undressed in front or near the your screen.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is all in preparation for the anti-christ and his reign.
Those who haven't accepted the mark of the beast will be tracked down.
Choose it and you will be able to buy and sell (basically sale your soul).
Deny it and you will be beheaded.
It's just another tracking device!!!

Make the right choice now, and save your soul.

Eternal paradise or eternal hell.

I choose Eternal Paradise!

Jesus Is the Way, the Truth, and the Life!!!

GOD bless each and every one of you

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
www.infowars.com...

There's a video attached to this link that shows a digital convertor box torn apart with a camera lense and mic inside.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trojan_libido
Well unfortunately, in the lovely 'take away all those rights' USA, the FBI can remotely turn on your mobile phones camera and mic without it alerting you at all.

When computers can consistently check human voices for keywords, they can target people who have said words they assume are against the Government. This is right here and right now, and we're letting them do it because we want the next biggest craze in the technoworld.

Hopefully Obama will reverse some of the damage done to the World by Bush.

Just how does the FBI turn on one's phone?
I only have Macs, which do have built-in mics, but how are the PC people monitored, since their machines have no mics or cameras?
If the government is watching you, should you have posted?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by djzombie
www.infowars.com...

There's a video attached to this link that shows a digital convertor box torn apart with a camera lense and mic inside.

Clearly a fake.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I have been wondering for a while now since I bought my laptop it has a built in web cam and microphone. I use an headset microphone for gaming but I decided one day to unplug it but everything I said still went through my web cam mic even though my computer was set to only receive sound through my headset. I bet its really easy for someone to turn on my cam or mic whenever they want. Creepy stuff...

I wouldn't worry. What happened to your laptop sounds driver-related. If the laptop was set to receive sound through the headset and you unplug the headset, the laptop will just return to the default microphone.

Of course, if strange things start happening and black helicopters suddenly appear, then I'd be worried.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

Great info !!!

I also was suspicious due to the "free gift cards".

I knew that there was some technology that used sub frequencies but I had forgotten the details.

What about the audio? Maybe the screen picks up the vibrations in the room?

What about HD Monitors? The Computer and TV friendly screens when they are in Monitor mode? What if they only get broadcast signal, no cable? Is the set broadcasting it out? [ don't seem likely, eh?]

And FWIW, I got an email saying the free boxes had cameras inside, I knew it was bogus because I feel for the last lie they passed off as truth which was keylogger chips installed in laptops.

I did take my hd box apart to look and there was nothing in the front panel only a wire going to an led light. [ I don't know anything about LED lenses, maybe the technology has leaped again? ] There was also no mic in the box either. So it has to be a software/technology thing if it is true at all, and not a hardware device as it is normally thought of.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join