It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2009 will your TV be watching you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
this has been hashed already. no, they will not be recording your conversations or filming you. yes they can find out what you watch. we already have that.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is an interesting topic and one that makes sense, given the shenanigans we've seen with our current administration. It seems plausible to me and if it can be dreamed up, it's doable. Would the controlling factions want to do this? Sure. They have already invaded citizens privacy. Conversations through cell phones can be heard unbenounced to unsuspecting owners so why not TV? Digitalization with high def seems a logical media in which to create the ultimate snooping scenario.

As for how they would watch "all" the TVs, how about this:

www.wired.com...

Granted, they are using it for weather modeling etc but it surely could do the job of monitorization.

As for why some would want to do this, the answer is simple: Control and Power. Those reasons have been at the hub of man's fortunes and hubris forever.

That being said, how about we all put a one-way mirror in front of our TV screens!

Peace.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
Government should be FOR THE PEOPLE, DAMN IT!

Try putting a cam in George Bush's room, he can certainly use one, and your @$$ will be shot off.

Sucks living in a dictatorship, does it?

To your request I found a "leaked clip" from George Bushes office!!!! #@$

youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Maybe the light it gives out blocks out certain things that can be seen with the other video source.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I know it sounds a little out there for most people, but hey! stranger thing have and are happening all the time.

A couple of years ago who would have believed that the Onstar system in their car, could also remotely disable it? I had suspected it was possible, but I recently read an article that verified my suspicions. Law enforcement even has access to it, and can use it to shut you down if need be. Amazing technology! It can unlock your doors, track your location, make and recieve calls, disable your vehicle, and notify EMS if you have an accident which are monitored by onboard sensors. All this from a satellite in space no less!

How about those brains in most new cars? They keep a record of your driving habits such as speed, braking, idling time, and can even be used to prove you violated your warranty or were at fault in an auto accident! No telling what else they do that you don't know about..

So, is wondering if my TV might be spying on me really all that farfetched?

[edit on 3/11/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

So you say.. How do you know they aren't already watching you? Do you have some inside information that the rest of us are not privvy to?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Call me egotistical, but I never even go outside of my house without my hair done, and my makeup on.

You mean I got to be in full dress while in my house now too, because somebody might be watching?

My cosmetic rep at the Clinique counter is going to love me even more!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

tivo already lists then transmits back to the tivo main frame youre viewning habits and what and when youre watching it so this is just taking it a step further be afraid and kill your tv

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Maybe we could all just turn the stereo up, and cover it with a blanket when we're not watching it.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Threads like this pop up every once in a while.

In the last one, John Lear affirmed that technology exists to watch you through your cable hookup.

Immediately, all the lil John-Lear trolls jumped on him and claimed it was bullox. The thread quickly died.

In this thread, it seems we have at least reached the same ground John Lear was on... and so far only a couple people have huffed and hawed. That's a good sign.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Just imagine the psychological problems the "watchers" would develop after six months of work. Talk about trauma...

Can you say "On-site Counseling?"

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by doctormcauley

It would be like air traffic controllers I'd imagine. They wouldn't need to watch everyone all the time, just the people who were of interest to them.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i remeber my mom telling me that her mom's boyfriend didn't undesrtand why most tv's take a minute to come on. He went on to say the reason, is because the tv was never off in the first place.
that conversation was at least around 1980.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If this were true why hasn't anyone sued for breaking the privacy act???

I've heard of this conspiracy but just don't believe it.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

" Why would the government care unless they have something to gain from it? "

My feelings exactly...but I got a coupon anyways!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If such technology exists, it would be hacked and exposed pretty quickly. Does anyone have evidence that such a technology has ever been developed? I can see how this conspiracy might be fueled, but there is nothing to back it up, other than the transition to Digital signal. This transition does not mean that mankind has mastered lightwave to the degree that is suggested by the theory.

I have heard of things like "social tv" and such, but this requires additional hardware. Nothing "built-in" as far as I know. Somebody offer up some technical proof, and theory will grow legs.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Huh if this is true. Why hasn't anyone sued the government for monitoring his home. I'm sure there's money to be made in that.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

Yes I have been thinking that ever since I saw it on the FCC website. I have joked about little cams inside New TV's. Heck cams today are no bigger than the end of a ball point pen. YES very possible YOU will be watched. Tracking? SURE. That's the whole idea. Well it's not a joking matter anymore. I'm worried ! BIG BROTHER hard at work here. But one good thing... HEY what better way to see if a terrorist is in your country?

I said that for years when you use to have to connect your telephone to cable boxes...listen great way to tap your phone. And also I might add, the TV? They could be watching what ever you put in your VHS or DVD player. Folks we live in a dangerous community these days.... Our living rooms, bed rooms, bath rooms. Great way to keep track of people and what kind of person you are. Think of it this way...next time you go to the ER and get an injection? It could have a tracking device small enough to go thru a 25ga. needle. Or some sort of mind control device. Think I'm kidding? WRONG ! > www.apocalypsesoon.org...
galvanic vestibular stimulation Last ten years they been working on this.

RFID chips:
www.consumeraffairs.com...

www.sciencemuseum.org.uk...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That last link above? Just remove the forward slash htm in your browser it will be a pdf file. Good file to read too ! the link is good !

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have a friend who is also paranoid of her TV. Saying there watching us but I keep telling here she's crazy. She would even turn the TV around so its not facing in her direction when she sleeps.

Plus this can't be true I imagine if someone knew about this there would be a lawsuit by someone against the tv makers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join