It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sigur Ros anyone? New: Heima, a Film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wondering if anyone knows Sigur Ros. I got into their music only recently through Radiohead, and since it is more upbeat but still has a similar feeling, I've been listening to it.

The following is a film they made in two weeks during the summer of 2006, giving free and unannounced concerts across iceland, their homeland.

The visuals are quite beautiful, the music matches, and their periodic interviews are interesting.

Sigur Ros - Heima

Heima is icelandic for "at home" or "homeland".

[edit on 10/3/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I love sigur ros! I will check out this video

Have you heard of Boards of Canada?

Definately a band you want to check out if you're a fan of sigur ros. they go hand in hand

sigur ros is a bit more organic sounding while boards of canada is a little bit more.... electronic? sounding

both are very good bands...Radiohead too!

thanks for the video

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

Thanks, I'll check out some of their music. Always trying to find good sounds.

I was surprised, it seems Sigur Ros does not use many unnatural sounds (electronic etc), while Radiohead uses them like there's no tomorrow.

[Edit: Engrish]

[edit on 10/3/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
They're pretty good. I like ( ) and the new one sounds promising from the couple of tracks I've heard. ( ) is definitely evocative of landscapes above the Arctic Circle, though you could say that about most Scandinavian music, it's nearly a cliche but I like that kind of thing -- viz. Jan Gabarek. The only thing that bothers me about that album is the so-called 'Hopelandic' -- one word, pronounced something like ysar, keeps popping up in almost every line of every song and it gets pretty annoying after a while.

Speaking of Radiohead comparisons, there does at least seem to be something of a physical resemblance: both bands rock the Mutant Bigdome Ugly look.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Glad you like 'em, Takk is really good too, ( ) I'm not so keen on and the 2nd album Ageatis Byrjun is amazing, saw them on that tour and they were great... the first album Von is definitely them in their formative stages, but worth checking out if you really like them. If you like them, check out Do Make Say Think, Silver Mt Zion - Constellation records in general; also most stuff on the Domino record label is interesting, you can check most of this out online.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Silver Mt. Zion and Godspeed You Black Emperor are similar, and very nice.

But I couldn't find much Boards of Canada or Do May Say Think on Youtube.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
hey nyorai you're right there isn't a whole lot of boards of canada on youtube but check this band out: explosions in the sky. they got lots of stuff on youtube and i think you'd dig em if you like godspeed you black emperor

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
...and Mono - Japanese I think. Do Make Say Think are on Myspazz.

top topics

join