It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel plans 'scandalous' new settlement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Israel and America's pollicies are running in sync with each other.
In the aspect that both are doing whatever they want,whenever they want,reguardless of what the world as a whole thinks.
Which is why the U.S is being used to take out Iran,afterall the U.S is in the back pocket of Israel.
The constant boo hooing about Israel's saftey is getting sickening.
Israel is not in danger,they are the ones with nukes in the middle east.
They have the most powerful millitary in the midle east.
Iran isnt a threat to Israel or the U.S,but theres a ever present need to "intervine" in muslim contries.
Destabalising Iraq,Afghanistan,Iran,Syria,etc would only further stregthen Israel's hold as the loan power in the middle east.
And they are doing this by using the U.S as their every ready puppet.
To think Israel dosent have the U.S in its pocket is fool hearty.
Just take a look at how many polliticians have dual citizenship with Israel and then ask yourself,whos interest does the U.S really serve,ours or theirs.

(My views on Israel are not against the jewish population,so hold of the "your anti-semetic garbage",my views are of what Israel's government is about)

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well, Israel is a unified state, and the Palestinians are basically ruled by a bunch of warring militias, with Israeli tanks always sitting on the horizon.

Since they are utterly different entities, it doesn't make sense to hold them to a the same standards.

The Israeli government chooses what kind of tactics to use.

On the other hand, a Fatah bureaucrat in the West Bank has absolutely no power over a Hamas militant firing of a rocket in Gaza. There's a fair chance the Hamas leadership doesn't have control over it's every faction either...

So it makes no sense whatsoever in this case to "hold them to the same standard," in fact it's pretty much impossible.

[edit on 3/11/08 by xmotex]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

but the blame would be to my parents, correct?...

I disagree. I blame the older brother who should know better than to beat your defenceless ass.

Everyone knows Israel has the most advanced military in the Middle East, and if provoked could easily turn the region into a parking lot.

CT

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

When did Israel come into existance? I know the answer, but I find it ironic that Israelis used to be considered people from Palestine in the Bible. What's up with that stuff?

Aren't true Israelis, not the imported ones from Europe, also Palestinains?

Really, I am not trying to be rude, but I have always wondered about this.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

When did Israel come into existance?

May 14, 1948. With Jerusalem designated an International City, belonging to neither the Israelis or the Palestinians, controlled by the UN.

I find it ironic that Israelis used to be considered people from Palestine in the Bible. What's up with that stuff?

Aren't true Israelis, not the imported ones from Europe, also Palestinains?

It doesn't matter. The bible is not a factual account of history.

CT

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

May 14, 1948. With Jerusalem designated an International City, belonging to neither the Israelis or the Palestinians, controlled by the UN.

Thank you, I said I knew the answer. I guess my point was in getting other people to realize it.

it doesn't matter. The bible is not a factual account of history.

It so does matter. They have taken over their own country, being Palestinians themselves. How does this make sense? Or is this just the Eurpeans getting a settlement in some funky way? Any how, that is how I have always seen it. The original Jews in Palestine, were Palestinians.
So they are killing their own countrymen. Now it is Jewish people versus Arabs. Hmmmm.

Seems like something got really messed up a few decades ago, huh?

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

It so does matter. They have taken over their own country

Please explain in further detail how you come to that conclusion. As I have said before, the bible is an interesting read, but far from a factual account of history.

Most of the Jews in Israel are europeans who converted to Judaism.

CT

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Amidst all of the Anti-Israel chatter, I'd like to point out that every country in the world is to blame for something. If the Israelies weren't there, where would they go? Does anyone have a suggestion that would make all parties involved happy? Here's a little history on the subject courtesy of good ole wikipedia. I know, I know... Not the best source, but it's the easiest. I have other things to do you know.

en.wikipedia.org...

aside from all that...

Tens of thousands of churches, and literally tens of millions Christians in the USA have a committed belief in the importance of standing with Israel and blessing the Jewish people. The verse most often referred to as their biblical mandate is Genesis 12:3 in which God tells Abraham “I will bless those who bless you and I will curse those who curse you and in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.”

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
reply to

It doesn't matter. The bible is not a factual account of history.

CT

That is an opinion only. What may I ask WOULD be a factual account of history?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kaspermartyrphantom

That is an opinion only.

Um. No. If the bible is to be believed then the earth is no older than 7000 years or so. This has been proven to be false. Example: Dinosaurs??

What may I ask WOULD be a factual account of history?

Short answer. There isnt one.

"History is written by the Victors"

CT

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Your still only attributing this whole conflict to one side...and I don't buy for a second the Israel should be held to a higher standard argument...thats bias! and completely gives the PA a pass on their actions...their both at fault!

I wish my parents had subscribed to your line of thinking, my older brother used to kick my ass when we were boys, with your line of reasoning I wouldn't have gotten my ass beat along with him when we fought... he's older and was stronger and meaner at the time, therfore he should have been punished not me!...

That lawn dart I threw at him one time was just me trying to make him treat me with some respect...right??

Searching for your point, can't find it.

Do you even understand the Laws of Cause & Effect?

In WWI The British told the Palestinians that they would give them their British occupied land if they helped fight the Ottoman empire, which they did and succeeded. Ever heard of Lawrence of Arabia?

But the British reneged on the deal, and left them to dry. All the while Jewish immigrants flocked to the region, were actually organized by jewish men with the help of Nazi Germany.

Read up on The White Paper of 1939

So what happens. After years of secret Jewish migration, a Zionist movement finally opened the doors for a design to create the Jewish state of Israel.

After the Holocaust, it was set in stone. The Jews bombed the British soldiers repeatedly before they decided to pull out of the region. Please take your time with this link

Database of Terrorist Incidents
1940-1949
October 31
Jewish terrorist offensive against British rule in Palestine begins,
with a wave of bomb attacks on police vehicles, railway sites and
Haifa oil refinery. One policeman, one soldier and two railway
workers killed.
November 27
Eight British soldiers killed in bomb attack on police station
Jerusalem, Palestine, in Jewish Irgun terrorist attack.
January 7
Three American civilian officials killed when Nazi "Werewolf"
terrorists burn down their house in Passau, Germany.
March 11
Iranian scholar Amhed Kashravi stabbed to death by Fedayyan-e
eslam guerrillas in Iran.
July 22
Ninety people killed and forty five wounded after Jewish
terrorists blow up the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, Palestine,
which was home to British government and military offices. The
terrorists held workers at pistol point while they planted the
explosives in the basement of the hotel.
September 30
One US soldier killed when ambushed by terrorists at Fort
McKinley, Philippines.
October 31
British embassy in Rome, Italy, wrecked by two bombs in suit
cases left by Jewish Irgun terrorists. No casualties.
July 12
Jewish Irgun terrorists kidnap and then hang two British Army
sergeants. The terrorists were trying to secure the release of
three Irgun members who had been sentenced to death by the
British authorities in Palestine.
September 29
Jewish Irgun terrorists bomb police station in Haifa, Palestine,
killing four British and four Arab policemen, as well as two Arab
civilians. Forty six people injured.
December 3
Train derailed near Arras, France, by Communist terrorists killing
twenty and injuring forty.
December 12
Twenty Arabs, five Jews and two British soldiers killed and thirty
wounded in Jewish terrorist bomb attacks on buses in Haifa and
Ramleh, Palestine. British mandate to rule Palestine ends on 15
May 1948; state of Israel established.
December 29
Jewish Irgun terrorists throw grenades from passing taxi into
café near the Damascus gate, Jerusalem, Palestine, killing
eleven Arabs and two British policemen.
January 30
Indian independence leader and statesman Mahatma Gandhi
shot dead in Delhi, India, by Nathuram Vinayak Godse.
March 7
Two American diplomats murdered by Viet Minh terrorists in
Saigon, Indochina.
March 11
Headquarters of the Jewish Agency, Jerusalem, Palestine,
destroyed by Arab car bomb killing thirteen and injuring eighty
four.
April 9
Jewish Irgun terrorist group attacks Deir Yassim, Palestine,
murdering two hundred and fifty four Arab women and children
captured in the remains of the village.
Bomb explodes near US embassy in Bogota, Colombia, during
Organisation of American States conference.
May 8
American CBS correspondent George Polk murdered by three
communists in Salonika, Greece, after he was lured to a meeting
on a boat in the city's harbour. His body was dumped in the sea.
July 22
Pro-peace activist Stephen J Supina, drops home made dynamite
bomb on United Nations headquarters in New York, United
States. No damage caused and he later surrenders to the
authorities.
September 17
United Nations mediator in Palestine, Swedish Count Folke
Bernadotte, murdered by Jewish Stern gang extremist in
Jerusalem, Palestine, who fired at point blank range through
window of his official car.
December 3
British governor of Sibu, Sarawak, Duncan George Stewart,
stabbed to death by anti-British Malayans in North Borneo.

So please, understand cause & effect, and tell me that my opinion is not well placed.

AAC

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

RE: 44soulslayer

And the reason they don't kill everyone, is because the world would see their evil horns in public, not just in private anymore.

AAC

[edit on 11-3-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

Using adjectives such as "evil horns" and claiming to be neutral..tsk tsk.

Basically youre wrong. Heres why - Israel have no problem in using force to take out anyone they dont desire peace with. Examples include the utter destruction of Lebanon in 2006 and the tactical nuclear strike on syrian atomic weapons establishments.

Oh and surely you must realise that comparing Israel to Nazi Germany is an absurd insult. If the Jews of Germany circa 1938 had been lobbing rockets at the Gestapo and committing suicide bombings or shooting up german schools... Only then would your analogy be apt.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Well, Israel is a unified state, and the Palestinians are basically ruled by a bunch of warring militias, with Israeli tanks always sitting on the horizon.

Since they are utterly different entities, it doesn't make sense to hold them to a the same standards.

The Israeli government chooses what kind of tactics to use.

On the other hand, a Fatah bureaucrat in the West Bank has absolutely no power over a Hamas militant firing of a rocket in Gaza. There's a fair chance the Hamas leadership doesn't have control over it's every faction either...

So it makes no sense whatsoever in this case to "hold them to the same standard," in fact it's pretty much impossible.

[edit on 3/11/08 by xmotex]

You know, your argument would almost be cogent if it werent for one thing:

The high command and spokesman of Hamas not only claiming responsibility for terrorist activities (such as the recent school shooting), but also saying that they were a glorious action to take. Hmm... democratically elected Hamas making a statement like that. Frankly if i were the israeli government, id take that as a sign of war and act accordingly. Clearly the israelis arent as malevolent as your propaganda has made you think.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

everything the Isreli's do can be taken as an act of war, so some people respond back, Hamas in this case. They're all contributing to this sad state. The UN/ USA clearly show their position. The Iran situation is a joke IMO, b/c I feel like the same people who created the Israel state created the CIA and installed the Shah in the first place. They are all guilty in my eyes. I remember growing up saying peace in the middle east. The older I got the more I understood that it won't happen, not with the Nuke happy Isreli's fighting against CIA sponsored "terrorists". This whole thing reeks of SHAM to me...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
A: Neve Yaakov is a neighbourhood in Jerusalem.
Givaat Zeev is a settlement in question, near Jerusalem. Journalism at its best.
B: The funny part is that a lot of houses were already built, so it is just an inner political move, to ease pressure of certain party this houses and future ones will have a legal status.
C: The illegal building is going on both sides, both sides are trying to take as much as they can before the cutting of a cake. Since only one side is mentioned - once again ,Journalism at its best.

Edit:
Hey , i also mixed up the with the names....
Posting at its best.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"Time" is a constraint invented by man, not God. While it says God created the Earth and the heavens in 6 days and on the 7th he rested, I believe that a day to God may be millions of years for us. Same with the 7000 year theory.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

PA and Hamas and IJ and all those other groups have a very good record of holding up their end of the cease-fires. The problem comes when Israel decides to lob a few laser-guided missiles at cars full of people, one of whom is suspected to possibly maybe perhaps be a suspected member of one of those organizations. Or shells a beach for the hell of it.

As CT said, I hold Israel to higher standards. After all, aren't they the "lone light of democracy" in the region?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Meh ceasefires are prone to failure. They are a temporary solution.

Only armistice or unconditional surrender can result in peace.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join