It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mjolnir Armor, Project Grizzly, Mission Trojan,...Weapons Systems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I was perusing through Wikipedia but I was specifically looking through this link Spartan : Mjolnir Armor like I've done many times before but I was reading everything today and noticed some recent additions along with some interesting facts and I thought I'd share them with you here on ATS. Almost everyone in the world knows of Halo and the Master Chief and his plight to save the world of Earth and the surrounding Milky Way galaxy and the Universe from the hit video games.

I saw this part as interesting though about replica Mjolnir Armor :

MJOLNIR Replicas Inspired by the Halo video game series, Troy Hurtubise developed a real counterpart for the MJOLNIR battle.[4] The suit is functional and its capabilities were inspired by those present in the video games versions of the armor. The armor's features include a system that purifies air powered by solar panels located in the helmet, equipment for weapon transportation, a recording system, emergency illumination and a transponder that can be consumed if the wearer is in serious jeopardy.[4] The armor offers protection against attacks with knives, blunt objects and small explosions and is bulletproof.[4] Hurtubise expressed that he is able to improve this design for use in the military for a price of 2,000 dollars per piece.[4] Non-functional replicas of the MJOLNIR armor have also been created by hobbyists;[5] a Spike TV pre-Halo 3 special profiled some of these dedicated fans.[6]

I scrolled down after clicking the link to Troy on Wikipedia and found Project Trojan and after reading all of that I noticed there was a YouTube link.

After watching the video I have to say that it seems amatuer like he is trying to make some third rate movie to sell. But I was interested in the concepts behind this and wanted to see what would be put in here by other ATS'ers.

Here's another YouTube Link :

[edit on 10-3-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I found the DVD to Project Grizzly on Amazon.

Project Grizzly

Here's the DVD description on Amazon :

Troy Hurtubise is the oddly interesting man he is today because he was attacked by a grizzly bear in 1984. Out of that came his life's dream--to build a suit of armor that would allow him to go one-on-one with a grizzly. The most compelling footage (and ripe for repeated viewing) in Project Grizzly is the crash testing of the 145-pound suit of titanium armor, chain mail, rubber, and interior air bags.

Hurtubise, resembling a robotic Terminator, is thrown off cliffs, rammed by logs, hit by a pickup truck, and clubbed with baseball bats. And he cheerily considers those good days. Much of the rest of the film is tepid, with an almost absent narrative and hard-to-follow monologues by Hurtubise, who uses a fair amount of salty language. The biggest disappointment, though, is the lack of a climax--the $150,000 suit and its obsessed creator never do battle with the big G. It's a real-life Twin Peaks without the creepy dramatic payoff. --Valerie J. Nelson

Product Description

Meet Troy James Hurtubise, a self-styled "close-quarter bear researcher," who's obsessed with going face-to-face with Canada's most deadly land mammal, the grizzly bear.

Troy is the creator of what he hopes is a "grizzly-proof" suit of armour -- an extraordinary fusion of high-tech materials and homespun ingenuity -- and of his own hybrid mythology that is part Hollywood, part Canadian Shield. His quest takes audiences into a world both compelling and disturbing, full of contradiction, humour and fantastical vision.

Directed by Peter Lynch, Project Grizzly explores the territory between documentary and drama, where the dividing line between fact and imagination is as thin as a knife edge. In this twisted nature film, it is man, not bears, who come under the closest scrutiny.

Robo-Bear in the Rockies... Clint Eastwood meets Jacques Cousteau... Project Grizzly is a film about overcoming insurmountable odds, leaving an imprint, creating your own legend.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Script=Bad
Acting=Horrible
Soundtrack=Decent
Concept=Awesome

One would have to think, that if this Canuck can put something like this together in his garage, that the corporations and government contractors with the really big dollars behind them have some pretty cool stuff going on in thier garages.

I'd venture a guess, that within about 20 years, maybe sooner, we should see a modern soldier equipped standard with a "Master Chief" type of exoskeleton. Maybe not all, but some special ops teams and the likes.

For me personally, I'm holding out for a Stormtrooper suit, complete with functional blaster and comlink.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It reminds me of the old birdman weapons systems joke/hoax site.

If he would demonstrate a little more on how the technology actually works I would be more interested.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The U.S. Army has been playing with ideas for the "modern combat soldier", however the suit shown in this thread seems too bulky for an infantry soldier. The suits which should be used by soldiers are more streamlined and skin like. But good post anyways, I guess if your headed to war you want all the armor you can get. I would love to see were his idea goes on this suit.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
the power ranger cock-watch and pepper spray is a little bit to much for me, the design isn't really rocket science either. i bet his suit makes him feel bad ass though. Like another poster said, if an intelligent developer wanted to make a war-faring suit it would probably already exist. just somewhere out in a secret garage, fully equiped and prepared; waiting till the worlds ready for it. The idea isn't to out there either, now with nano-technology and plastics stronger than steel theres no doubt in my mind that a master cheif/ crysis suit could exist today. Yea the suit would cost hundreds of thousands to millions to develope but its very possible, all the more reason to keep a such a suit Top secret and exclusive for special high ranking militant forces. The idea itself is very possible, but not without extensive design down to the nanometer.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obsurion
the power ranger cock-watch and pepper spray is a little bit to much for me, the design isn't really rocket science either. i bet his suit makes him feel bad ass though. Like another poster said, if an intelligent developer wanted to make a war-faring suit it would probably already exist. just somewhere out in a secret garage, fully equiped and prepared; waiting till the worlds ready for it. The idea isn't to out there either, now with nano-technology and plastics stronger than steel theres no doubt in my mind that a master cheif/ crysis suit could exist today. Yea the suit would cost hundreds of thousands to millions to develope but its very possible, all the more reason to keep a such a suit Top secret and exclusive for special high ranking militant forces. The idea itself is very possible, but not without extensive design down to the nanometer.

Yeah, I began this thread only because it was different and potentially amusing. To Me a HUD, or "Heads Up Display" would fit into the suit much better than looking down towards your feet to the cod-piece clock.

Maybe he is doing this as misdirection from actual armor experiments?

new topics

top topics

join