It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush jokes with press in 'off the record' song & dance routine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Bush jokes with press in 'off the record' song & dance routine

rawstory.com

While video of Bush's impromptu soft-shoe routine on the White House steps was broadcast far and wide, members of the press corps were sworn to off-the-record secrecy before viewing his Gridiron song & dance. During the routine, Bush joked about Dick Cheney's penchant for secrecy, former FEMA director Michael Brown's incompetence and "some oil rich Saudi."

A few attendees apparently ignored Bush's secrecy directive and surreptitiously filmed the proceedings with cell phone cameras. Videos of the event were posted to YouTube and are reproduced below.

The Gridiron Club has only 65 active members, did not admit women until the 1970's, and did not include television or radio correspondents until just 2005. The New York Times boycotted because of the off-the-record ground rules.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Theres two videos of the show he put on singing and dancing on stage making jokes about what they have done.

"For there's Dick and Condi, my old compadre, talking to me about some oil rich Saudi, it's good to touch the brown brown grass of home.

That old White House is behind me, I'm once again carefree, don't have to worry 'bout a crisis in Pyongyang. Down the lane I look Dick Cheney is strolling with documents he's been withholding, it's good to touch the brown brown grass of home."

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
That old White House is behind me, I'm once again carefree, don't have to worry 'bout a crisis in Pyongyang. Down the lane I look Dick Cheney is strolling with documents he's been withholding, it's good to touch the brown brown grass of home."

How in the hell can this statement, being an admission of guilt for his VP, not be grounds for impeachment? Congress, we really have to go through 8 more months of this BS election process in the name of "democracy"? Can't we impeach them all and have an early election? (ahmm, Florida DNC primary) I really can't see how Bush doesn't think this behavior is going to bring out some "domestic-terrorists" that say "we have some planes, I mean sniper rifles". We can dream! Horrific events soon to come one way or another (not by means of a citizens' arrest).

[edit on 10-3-2008 by percievedreality]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is dis-graceful....!!!! What a "Leader"...

Hasn't he already passed a bill to Pardon himself from War Crimes?

It's not going to be easy people...

What in the blue-hell was he thinking??? People of America!!!!!Wake up!!!!!
"Throw the Bastards out"...

[edit on 10-3-2008 by StoneGarden] To fix the link...

[edit on 10-3-2008 by StoneGarden]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by percievedreality

No, it can't be used against him since he's doing a comedy routine. He can claim it was just a joke.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Already a thread on this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this is absolutely deplorable. This man has zero conscience. He's responsible for so much suffering and guilty of treason, and he just thumbs his nose at us all and has a yee-haw time...

[edit on 10-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Then again he could also be throwing the haters a big freakin bone to chew on for a few more months.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Bah! That doesn't touch Reagan's "off the record" comments.

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting info on the Grid Iron Club.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Gridiron Club, founded in 1885, is the oldest and most prestigious journalistic organization in Washington, D.C. Its 65 active members represent major newspapers, news services, news magazines and broadcast networks. Membership is by invitation only and has traditionally been offered almost exclusively to Washington newspaper bureau chiefs. Recently, however, it has begun opening its doors to such non-newspaper media figures as Tim Russert of NBC News, Bob Schieffer of CBS News, Mara Liasson of National Public Radio, and Judy Woodruff of PBS.[1]

The Gridiron Club is best known for its annual dinner which traditionally features the United States Marine Band, along with satirical musical skits by the members and remarks by the president of the United States and representatives of each political party. The skits and speeches by various politicians are expected to be self-deprecating or otherwise sharply comedic.[1]

It is one of the only remaining large-scale white-tie affairs in Washington.[3] It offers a neutral ground on which members of the press and various elected officials and political operatives can break bread together.[1]

Also as is true of the WHCA Dinner and RTCA Dinner, the Gridiron Club Dinner has been subject to criticism that it encourages journalists to engage in undue coziness with the political officials they are supposed to fairly cover, and also that the public spectacle of "playing footsie" with reporters' main subjects is bringing the political press into disgrace.[4]

For example, at the 2007 dinner, columnist Robert Novak impersonated Vice President Dick Cheney while satirizing the Scooter Libby case, which Novak helped initiate.[4]

So its a secret dinner with the press so they can make fun of making fools of the American people. And it seems every president has taken part at this The Gridiron Club dinner. I just wonder if they all used it to show how much of a jacka@# they are or if it use to be used in a respectful way.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by JBA2848]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Two words for you...
John Adams

There's an HBO special miniseries starting on Sunday....
Los Angeles Times.
It's going to be a story of his life from 1770 to 1826, I would like to learn a little bit more American History... And, I am hoping that they will show the revolution in depth... Maybe it will inspire more Americans to carry out the talks of a Revolution... I truly wish that I could do more, to be just one voice of many... it sickens me, to see the Leader of a Great Nation, have such little regard for your Country...

My daughter (13), asked me why the U.S. is allowing this man to maintain the control of America...
I couldn't give her an answer... I do know that an impeachment has to be passed through Congress, and then the VP has to act on it... But how can that happen, when all of this crap rolls downhill into Bush's administration?
Is there really any point in an Impeachment now? Wouldn't it be nixed from the start?

I am sorry for getting off topic, I am just Angry...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Its funny I havn't seen this on any msm. They only like to show ones like Carl Rove Rapping .I guess that was a year or more . But it also didn't show the President mocking the American people.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Already a thread on this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Please use the existing thread to continue discussion.

Thread closed.

top topics

join