It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me or do I feel Tremours after the earthquake here in England. Stand still and take note.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I need some people's attention because I feel like there are mini quakes going on here in ENGLAND. It happening quite between 8pm and 10pm tonight and am wondering if this is built up of tension in the ground waiting for a full quake. Is anyone else experiencing it? And if not can people stand still for a bit and try and take notice and maybe reply. Thanks, just to be on the safe side.

I know mini quakes happen all the time but this has been rumbling for a bit, and not quite sure what to expect, is it worth notifying, I am not sure.

If you have any quake watch sites with the latest reports please link them here.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Knowing where you are would be good, as well relation to any nearby things that would explain it.

You can get the plots here, and recent quakes elsewhere on that site. I don't see anything though.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Bedfordshire East Anglia of England. I noticed that the region was seperated in the tremour spots like the outer areas did not feel it as much even if the epicentre was up north, like there was a gap in that area around of non effected which was a bit odd. It was kind of a ripple effect when someone drops a stone in water. Then again that could be down to population and size of reports.

www.trybuysoftware.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I use this site for European quakes.

EMSC - European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I just noticed a similar link too, and it looks worring that Greece and Turkey and Eastern Europe has a lot of tremours lately, they could be on going in that region I'm not sure but it does not look safe.

Looks like the spread of bird flu but instead we have quake flu, as in the pattern of frequency in the european and middle east earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
As a resident of Southern California, where we have an occasional big earthquake, I can tell you that there's a funny thing that happens to your perceptions after an earthquake. You begin to feel weird shifts and shakes even then nothing is happening and there are no aftershocks. It messes with your sense of balance and your perception of stability.

Oh!
Was that another aftershock?

Fortunately, it eventually goes away. Just in time for another big shake.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Unless its due to recent weather as i have read that hurricanes can cause mini eartquakes.
Im not feeling any wind where i am at present so i dont know how strong the winds are elsewhere.

www.newscientist.com...

HURRICANES can trigger swarms of weak earthquakes and even set the Earth vibrating, according to the first study of such effects.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It's been happening for a few days and even some days later after the main earthquake in England. It does not feel like my senses are playing up but have to admit I don't feel the wobbles now under my feet as I did between 9-10pm.

Because Britain is such a stable country you wonder if it's something really big underground to be moving it about, which is even more a worry.
Did the flooding and the rain effect anything underground? Hope the UK is not built on chalk or ancient sand stone, that is not a good sign if it starts melting away. Just a theory, but like I said for the UK this is not the normal way and if we do get a quake it's either mild or it's going to be huge like some over due eruption of tension in the ground-if not that then God's judgement.

It started gusting at around 7-10pm today and guess that is when it was felt, never thought that it has a connection to earthquakes, air pressure maybe?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I tell you what time lord,ever since that eartquake i have been all over the place but tomorrow i give in as im off to the docs for a check up.

Dizziness,ringing in the ears,insomnia,breathlessness,palpitations.
I could go on but i would probably make you feel worse if i have`nt already.

Best thing to is get some headphones on ignore any noises/vibrations because you could make yourself generally unwell like me.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well it might not only be you, people have said that during an earthquake you feel light headed and that is quite common, like sea sickness. But it's not only that it's like bloodpressure dropping or something. You maybe just sensative to it right now like me as our senses are on alert. But I did find out tonight it was not only me who felt it.

Also the storms have low air pressure, but funnily enough I feel good to have the fresh air, not sure why, maybe the Chemtrails have cleared away recently.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think i may be blocking it .
But i can honestly say that i havent felt anything tonight.
That doesnt mean to say that its not happening though as i am in agreement with the things you wrote as im a bit higher up than the rest of the city where i live and i know that my garden soil is very clay like and apparantly that has the consistancy of water in a strong earthquake.

Lol a bit like jelly on a plate .Certainly explains the wobbliness.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Around 20:40 in preston me and my wife felt quite a shock! the tv was shaking and and the floor moved....

we live near an airport so we can't rule that out.

Mother earth is breathing....the earth is getting ready to swell....

rock the boat

dont rock the boat baby!

Expect a major hit i would think soon

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What i said about the Britian's land being on top of soft ground is only a theory of mine, i have not even checked it out, but with all the flooding of last year and all that rain I wonder if it has some effect underground.

But I have to add that it has gone now, no more wobbles as such, it could have been an undersea land shift or something, who knows but I prefer to update people and find out their experieces. It might show up on the ricterscale charts as a mild quake or series of quakes, wish I could find an up to the hour website that charts the earth's movements in the UK.
Not big enough to make the news but i don't trust anything right now, the BBC took thier time over the report and the scale of the report did not leave room for survival tips in the future.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Update small movements can be felt, i know the UK has countless throughout the year, but the thing is it feels like something wants to erupt from the ground and someday if it does it will make the UK pay for not having a big quake for such a long time. I have experienced quakes in other parts of europe when on holiday but for the UK its a rare event but now it feels like it's happeining in small amounts ever since the 27th feb this year.

Sometimes it feels like someone is rocking the boat, it's getting a bit annoying.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Here is a useful on line link to say that i was right that on the 10th and 11th of march 2008 a few less than 24 hours ago i could feel small tremours. The days prior was quiet and it seems like there had been many mini movements on and off for a few hours.

www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

Check out your local UK area for quakes, then you know if it's you or not.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I am not too far away from the epicentre when the 27th Febuary 2008 earthquake jolt happened. I said before I still feel like it's moving beneath the ground in small amounts, people do not seem to notice, maybe some do but I don't know my self. I looked at the this website to comfirm my experiences www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...
earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk
Which give hourly real time updates. Maybe the earth is adjusting it self who knows, but in the East of England it still feels like there is swaying and turbulance beneath my feet, but you have to be very still, and alert for such things, if not then doubt you will notice.
Below is a video of the graphs I was speaking about a few days ago with on going wobbles even thogh they are below risk factor. Well I think.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
hi mate .I've been reading your post since you put it up and yesterday there was a 3.0 in the English Channel (Dover Straits) . So you probably have been feeling the odd rumble as you're quite close to that one relatively speaking . I think the whole world is shaking at the moment and its something us in the UK may have to get used to lol

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
We had a 5.6 earthquake on 23 May here in Bogota. I have never felt anything like it. I live in an anti-seismic building on the 6th floor and felt the entire buikding moving back and forth. I was so scared. I went outside for about 30 minutes and when I returned to the apt, we had another 4.4. The plants rocked back and forth and I felt sick, I have been feeling dizzy since and more when I am in the apartment. I look at the plants everytime I feel like the building is moving but they don't move. Is this a normal experience or am I just freaked out?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I could feel the earth move yesterday too as (27 May 2008) and I can now tell if we have mini tremours and know the difference between a shakey train and wobbling ground. The earth to me is constantly moving beneath us I feel and maybe I have woken up and taken notice of it and can detect it now. I know I am right because everytime I check the BGS site it confirms earth movement.

If it can be felt here maybe its not related to us but the World in general which may experience a Quake else where. I can feel slight wobbles as I sit and have travelled out of my area and felt the same. They say the UK has 200 mini Quakes a year so i could just be sensative or Intelligent enough to feel the difference.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Living my whole life in So Calif,another quake is another quake most of the time I never feel them,unless it's a big shaker or big roller quake,at my old house used to think it was a big truck driving by after hitting a bump

top topics

<<   2 >>

join