It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sites with membership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Recently I'm noticing that some ufo sites, apparently the prominent ones are becoming membership subscription. I've been interested in ufology for over 14 years now and the changing of the policy is some ufo sites I find very frustrating and upsetting. For years one of my favorite website has been ufoarea.com (not a free site anymore since the owners have decided to charge 50 $ yearly subscription) and earthfiles.com (long time a paid membership site). But today I found out that information in ufoare is not free anymore. I understand the difficulty of running a website which requires an updated information in the daily bases and also the amount of work and hours that have to be put into but is this what ufology is becoming now days? I mean the desire to inform mases for what's happening in our world, above and below us is also a good business and a mean to make few bucks? What in the name of God is wrong with this world? Can't we just stop thinking for an instant about making money? Is an information that belongs to all humanity for pit sakes. It might sound very irrational and maybe silly but is this the right way of spreading information? Do you find it right to pay for something we all have right to know about? Personally I found extremely offensive and mean charging that amount (or any kind of amount for that matter) of money because in this point of human history, more then ever we need to be informed and feed with what's happening around us.

I have very short time to come up with words and plus I'm very upset with the hunger for money that some people seam to show but I know from the bottom of my heart that this is wrong. Very wrong. Is disgusting and a precedent that seams to become more frequent.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
That makes me upset as well. Ufo leaks are for the people not for money.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That is what makes ATS diffrent from most of the conspircy sites around
You get great admin and satff, great threads , great users, great personlisablity and the best thing about it i think is that everything is very personal
It feels like are a part of everything and you can make a diffrence

What ive noticed about other sites simalar to ATS, you have to pay and in the end its not even worth it when you see sites like ATS give the user all this stuff for free and all they ask in return is some intelligent input

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It takes time and effort to make good content available online.

Perhaps it is more surprising that so much UFO material available free online, rather than being surprising that some webmaster seek to charge for access to material...

See, for example, the links in my Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hey Isaac

Didn't know about your thread. Is awesome and i feel kind of pi@@ed that I've missed. I spent hours on ATS everyday and I thought I don't miss anything. Anyway, my props man. Your starter pack is amazing.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yes, ufoarea.com is in my opinion one of the best E.T sites on the net. These guys have been around for years and they have a different approach, more scientific.

We all complain we must pay, but the ufoarea.com people write ALL their articles. These guys write for a living, so it's their job.

Besides, from what I know ufos is just part of their content. Much of their material deals with ancient astronauts and othe topics.

I like to read and if someone writes I'm willing to pay, they charge 5 $/month, many can afford it.
It's a bit unfair they have been a free site for years, providing us with some really good quality content, so since they are doing this for a living I think one should pay.

Earthfiles has been a paid site for much longer.
Anyway, those who truly seek information and like what these sites offer will pay and others should continue searching on the net.

John

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I do not pay for any memberships related to UFO content online. I do not believe in it. Sadly, many groups tend to be going this way. I can understand the costs involved in maintaining an operation, but I just think this type of info should be free.

I have no problem with web advertising or such, but asking for money just to read material... nah.

I will donate.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I hope you told admin's of the membership sites you mentioned how you feel. If enough people complain they may buckle under the pressure.

Ya never know.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The idea of money for something that is still nothing in the sense that we still have no tangible proof is appalling.
It is in fact a dangerous development, as in time money or power hungry people will pick up on said issue and start developing ideas on how to control this growing market (if it hasn't alread happend).
It also endangers ufology of becoming, what I fear most of all, a religion. Something where faith in extraterristrials can be controlled and despensed at the will of those at top for a buck or two.

There is no argument to support the implement of membership fees in any matter that could be of great concern for humanity. It would be like asking people to pay to receive a voting ticket (what is it called).

As far as I've read previously it doesn't feel like ATS would fall to such a poor development, but non the less I hope all members here still deeply oppose to such a thing.

On the up side it might mean that members from other sites might venture here instead, making the site and the quest for knowledge... and maybe the posibility of disclosure, stronger.

I know us sceptics give you believers a hard time here, but as we've learned from the thread on this topic, that shouldn't make you hold back. If anything keep posting, embrace you belief in aliens with moderation and let us embrace our sceptisism with vigilance.
Hopefully we will meet halfway one day and be able to show the "truth" that has been or was intended to be hidden from us.

[edit on 23/5/08 by flice]

new topics

top topics

join