It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students attempt Citizens Arrest on Rove!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Originally posted by jsobecky
An Enemy Combatant does not have the full benefit of the Geneva Conventions.

Please attempt to quote that from the convention.

Even an "unlawful belligerent" holds "habeas corpus" under the detaining state.

Sri Oracle

I did say they didn't receive the *full* benefit of the GC's.

Much depends upon the definition of POW's, and whether the parties are signatories to the GC's, and whether they follow the rules of warfare. It's not a simple answer.

As far as habeas corpus, I suspect there are some countries who do not subscribe to it as a right.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Double post

[edit on 16-3-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Pavil: Yes, the other side absolutely amazes me too. And frankly, often. The Bush and minion's apologists are well droned into group-think, super-patriots grasping little clue of historical realities. Realities that governments regularly manufacture consent from the masses, savor and rely on you and and those of your patriotic fervor to do the heavy lifting, seem to escape them - repeatedly. They count on you and hope you don't notice the urgency - they need you now - now, at this time - more than ever, as the wheels fall off of their wagon.
I put to you and those of your mindset: What Muslim person, Islamic group or middle eastern government ever wished you, planned, carried out, or brought any American harm without provocation first from a draconian, violent action from a western government? Mind you, none of them have aircraft carriers or nuclear ballistic missle submarines off of the eastern seaboards of Virginia or California. If you are of the mindset that the strong rule, regardless of morality, should we discuss further? Really?
Before we go further, in all seriousness, you must address that question. If you avoid it, nothing of what follows truly matters.
But i'll continue for discussion's sake.
The "big thinkers", those self-appointed special elites longed for a Bush style puppet for quite a time, maybe since Reagan. Probably long before. To tell you how to think. And feel. Facts be damned. That special rising political person lacking brains to object, or the fortitude of a moral or ethical objection. They'd educate him in the proper manner of towing the line. And you, and countless millions of course, would follow. They dreamed and maneuvered for a Cheney - the brains and mastermind. And they got him.
Bush was groomed by the self-interested, self-serving machine for the presidency for fully 10 years. Quite possibly much longer.
The American myth is a powerful, well manufacured and duly maintained illusion. It's of paramount importance. Ask nearly any person who's business is doing well in the war economy for a vague, rambling explanation of economic theory.. Weapons manufacturers, military suppliers, the aerospce industry, the immense private intelligence community utilize spokespersons to explain it to you.. Haliburton, Brown and Root, Blackwater. Ask any of them. Ask the corporate/mainstream media or any US oil company spokeman for the truth, won't you? Faux News will tell you the truth. CNN, MSNBC, CNBC and HNN couldn't survive without the rancor, contraversy and bellicose discussions.
Call their PR departments. Really, each will explain it to you.
Grasping the helm of the United States goverment and military - involves the highest stakes on the planet. Cite a larger, more commading influence over the human race and species - a direction for mere mortals on planet earth. I challange you. I outright dare you.
Did Bush create al Qaeda and the 911 attacks? Let us be just a bit above the 6th grade mentality, for the moment, shall we? Let's avoid attractive infantile escapism in the interest of gravitas. Of course they didn't.
But reckless, belligerent, long-adhered to, and high and mighty American attitudes did. Mostly it was indifference, widespread distraction and the American myth. American movies, sports obsession and celebrity fascination. Roman empirers well knew the trick two thousand years ago. Keep the commoners entertained. The upwardly mobile seldom question the system.
Tell the truth, don't you feel superior to all the brown skinned Muslims, speaking a differerent language, with an inferior religion and culture to yours? Seventy-two virgins waiting in heaven for them sounds so much more infathomable than Chrisianity's pearly gates
Who's that hot chick in the revealing dress on the red carpet at the Oscars? Got the latest ringtone? WWF and NASCAR and for God's sake, who's college team is favored - and who are we to bet on in the Superbowl?
Posting the blame in the prevention of the attacks of 911 to previous administrations is feeble. I've eviscerated that excuse to the point that it bores me. Laziness has that effect on me. The intelligence community warnings literally flahing and blinking red, day after day? For eight months?
Intellectual dishonesty offends me. It provokes me, in fact.
The emphirical evidence is enough to knock over a herd of elephants. Ignoring it is easy. Facing it is hard. Have you been lied to?
You decide - or have you already?
Can you trace the source, purpose and beginnings of al Qaeda? I suspect not. It's easier not to, really. Welcome to about 87% of voting age Americans that bought it pre 911 thinking. 24% post 911. Buish, Cheney, the 911 commission and most of the few Bush supporters simply don't wish to poder the "why".
Why did the 911 attacks occur? (I ask that question in relatively polite conversation from time to time and receive a blank stare). Followed by inane asses with comments and responses sanctioned by our government that quickly urge me to puke up my last meal.
If you're to opine, isn't it itme that you confront a compelling ocean of facts?
In addressing your seemingly defining and final, self-assured question: "Do you honestly think that Radical Islamic Fundamentalism is a creation of the U.S, specifically the Republicans?"
The answer is yes. And if you doubt it - you're just not paying attention. The self-professed republican, many espousing typical, arrogant religious zealotry, or at least feigned Christian superiority, when Christianity is largely a plagiarized tenet of imposed You're the typical, lazy American that wants everything to be easy and simplistic. But most tragic, (that I realize these days), is that I served in the US military during the Vietnam era supposedly to defend your right to spout such banality.
And finally, if you don't recognize that the puppet Bush is but a cog in an immense master plan, should you really try to take such matters under ostenisbly serious consideration and offer such commentary?
Pavil: Independent thinking and meaningful research won't give you cancer or the such, I promise.
If it gives you comfort to call me a low-downed liberal, I accept. But first, you'll need to contact Limbaugh or O'Reilly to ask either just what that means, OK?
Or you can dare to assess the facts and try to think for yourself?
Compelling reply welcomed.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Read this article this morning. Seems to be another controversial event Rove was involved in-The apparent tampering of an Alabama Governmental election process and a 'Spitzer-like' spy-corruption incarceration brought on by Bush and Rove....Seems to be a recurring theme with anybody who crosses their paths...

All roads lead to Rove

All roads lead to Rove. That was the message scrawled as an afterthought in the lower left-hand corner of the envelope I received in yesterday’s mail. It contained a letter from an old and dear friend of mine. His name is Don Siegelman. He is the former governor of Alabama and he is being held as a political prisoner of the Bush administration in a Federal prison in Louisiana.

They don’t allow Don the luxury of stationary so he must write his letters on whatever he can find. He wrote me on a xeroxed article he wanted me to see. [..]

When I first heard of Don being prosecuted for corruption my heart sank. I didn’t know what to think. It had been years since we’d spoken and the press made it sound awful for Don (what else?). Of course I had no idea what was really going on. Now that I do I am horrified…and furious.
[..]

Full Story

Mod note: Please review these links

Mod Note: External Source Tags.
Posting work written by others.

[edit on 16/3/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Originally posted by pavil
Do you honestly think that Radical Islamic Fundamentalism is a creation of the U.S, specifically the Republicans?

Excellent point, Pavil. Of course Wahhabism and sharia law existed long before the US was even born. If stoning, beheading, and limb amputation are not radical forms of punishment, then I don't know what is.

You will encounter apologists who insist they are a Republican creation, however.:shk:

reply to post by DimensionalDetective

All roads lead to Rove

Fyi, this issue was brought up several pages ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
what about marshall mathers how does he play into all of this

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join