It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Ain't over 'Till the lame duck sings'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It Ain't over 'Till the lame duck sings'

www.rawstory.com

President George W. Bush seems to be in high spirits of late. Just the other day he tap danced for the press corps while waiting on John McCain, and on Saturday night he was serenading a crowd of several hundred in what he said was his first -- and last -- performance for the annual Gridiron Club dinner with his own special rendition of 'Green, Green, Grass of Home.'

While video of Bush's impromptu soft-shoe routine on the White House steps was broadcast far and wide, members of the press corps were sworn to off-the-record secrecy before viewing his Gridiron song & dance. During the routine, Bush joked about Dick Cheney's penchant for secrecy, former FEMA director Michael Brown's incompetence and "some oil rich Saudi."

A few attendees apparently ignored Bush's secrecy directive and surreptitiously filmed the proceedings with cell phone cameras. Videos of the event were posted to YouTube and are reproduced below.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ahhh, ain't that cute...Our Criminalistic, Torturer-in-Cheif Decider singing a funny little song about Brownie and his criminal co-hort, Dick Insaney. It must be nice to be able to commit a crime for every law we have in the book, kill tens of thousands of innocent people and just be able to kick up your feet and make a joke about it all.

He should have added into his little song:

"And after I shred what little's left of the Constitution,
And take away the last of the peons rights,
I'll be comfortably sailing off,
to my paraguayan ranch in the fog of the night"

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
DD....I linked my thread to yours...I did a search but I somehow missed your thread.

Anyways I listened and watched the video and it made me want to vomit.

Hardball on MSNBC had about the same reaction.

Starred and Flagged....the video shows how far the goverment is removed from the people.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sick, the whole room of secret society, neo-con supporting, richies laughs along with him during his little number. No wonder, he asked for that to be off the record.....didn't work for Samantha Power (Obama adviser) in Britain, it ain't going to work for you. You Nazi-scum bag, how dare you mock us! How long before people start asking for his head?????????????????????????

[edit on 11-3-2008 by percievedreality]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Man, I thought that I was P.O'd when I saw him tap dancing like a drunk fool in broad daylight, but this one goes above and beyond any goofy thing he has done in the past...well almost.

If it wasnt bad enough that he has 99.9% flushed this country down the toilet with no remorse, he had to go and do a cute litle song and dance for his neo-con lackeys to prove how above the law he is. This is simply disgusting that he has the audacity to basically taunt the public with his display of sheer disregard for the country. He probably thought "hey, this is all secret, I'm gonna go all out".

I hope he faces some serious flack for this but I'm not getting my hopes up.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Yet again, people so blinded by their radical neo-liberalism that they can't just understand "humor." Sometimes I wonder what people will do when they can't spend time getting their blood pressure up over...George Bush making fun of himself.

By the way, I dislike George Bush, I just don't understand the seething hatred. I think some people just so easily buy into the mass media which has been programming you to hate bush. He is a horrible President, but the fact that this is even considered a "news story" (and a liberal left wing blog the source) is amusing.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by pacificwind]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pacificwind

Yes, this was mildly amusing at best but given the decisions he has made over the past 7.5 years, I fail to see how you can disregard his plethora of shortcomings and see this as pure humor.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Clinton made tremendous mistakes from 1992 to 2000, and you should see National Press Club Dinner stunts where he makes fun of himself. But THAT wasn't news worthy, because the media had not programmed the neocons to make it into an event.

This time around, the mass media has programmed the neoliberals to go what I can only describe as foaming-at-the-mouth rabid anytime Bush does anything. Bush could drink a diet dr pepper and people would come on here outraged about it.

Instead of following the programming set out on the media, I wish people would critique his policies and stop the senseless rabidness.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacificwind
Yet again, people so blinded by their radical neo-liberalism that they can't just understand "humor." Sometimes I wonder what people will do when they can't spend time getting their blood pressure up over...George Bush making fun of himself.

Yet again, another complacent American calling foul on us "radical neo-liberals" who fail to see the humor in this. Are you kidding? There is no humor to be had here, he was making a mockery of our democractic society, most notably the failed justice system! As Don Whan said, it was a performance for his faithful supporters (roomful of rich, secret society, neo-con supporters) in the disguise of humor about how above the law he is. He shows no accountability to Congress or the American people and now openly mocks us. (well, behind close doors, after asking his supporters for an "off the record" moment)

He sang, "Cheney coming with the papers he's been witholding." You would be outraged if a Democratic president was singing a song to that accord about his VP! It is a mockery of our justice system and a mockery of our democratic process of over 200 years, not in the slightest bit funny! I ask the interested again, we now have video evidence of him making a mockery of the American process(es) and in the process admitting to wrongdoing by his VP, what is it going to take to oust them from power? I am outraged and disgusted that some actually brush this off as if he was poking fun at himself or Cheney. He was mocking the American justice and democratic systems!!!

BTW, those of you that are prepared to argue that it was just humor or just a joke and thus not admissable in a court of law, why don't you call someone you really hate and while making a death threat, get your friends to laugh in the background. "Oh, it was just a joke" you say....you think that is going to hold water? NO.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by percievedreality]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by percievedreality

Yet again, another example of a neo-liberal who cannot see past liberal-colored glasses and media programming. It seems like, from your comments, you've bought the media tag line hook line and sinker. But before you get too upset that I'm not joining in the foaming-at-the-mouth Bush bashing fest, perhaps you should read my comments. Actually read them, and you'll note I'm no fan of George Bush.

However, I am not going to be programmed by the media to hate him with the rabidness I see displayed here. He is a bad president, like many presidents we had. The fact that you get so upset over George Bush making fun of himself honestly worries me. You do realize he'll be out of office in November - will you continue blaming everything on George Bush? Even when a Democrat in office? I know its much easier to talk about how Bush sucks rather than critique policy and think critically, but this is becoming absurd.

What a narrow worldview, to think that just because someone doesn't rabidly blame George Bush for everything they are a "complacent American." I am outraged and disgusted that you've so bought into the Democratic National Committee talking points. I think outside the DNC's box - and outside the RNC's as well. Being an independent means I get flack from both neocons and neolibs, like yourself - but I prefer to be realistic. George Bush is not Satan, no matter how desperately you want him to be. He's not a good President, and neither was Clinton. But neither were Satan.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by pacificwind]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just an aside: neoliberal does not mean what you apparently think it does. It is not the antonym of neocon - in fact it might be argued that the neocons are extremist neoliberals.

Neoliberalism refers to a historically-specific reemergence of economic liberalism's influence among economic scholars and policy-makers during the 1970s and through at least the late-1990s, and possibly into the present (its continuity is a matter of dispute).

In many respects, the term is used to denote a group of neoclassical-influenced economic theories and right-wing libertarian political philosophies which believe that government control over the economy is inefficient, corrupt or otherwise undesirable. Neoliberalism is not a unified economic theory or political philosophy — it is a label denoting an apparent shift in social-scientific and political sentiments that manifested themselves in theories and political platforms supporting a reform of largely centralized postwar economic institutions in favor of decentralized ones. Few supporters of neoliberal policies use the word itself.

Classical "liberalism", from where the term neoliberal originates, is a different thing from the "liberalism" one refers to in modern American politics.

As far as Bush's dance moves go - who cares?
It's not like the guy has a lot of credibility left anyway.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pacificwind

Media programming? Isn't this the same national media that they almost entirely control with their propoganda! A FEW may be Bush bashers, but media programming the public to hate Bush, you have got to be kidding? Maybe 10% of the media are openly bashing Bush on a daily basis, so how is that media programming? How about the last evidence of fair unbiased reporting?

I did read ALL your comments, and I did notice your admission of "I'm no fan of George Bush", but you failed to explain why. When you state, "The fact that you get so upset over George Bush making fun of himself honestly worries me.", this worries me and I will ask you the same question you asked me, "perhaps you should read my comments." He wasn't making fun of himself as much as you want to believe that. He was making a mockery of our judicial and democratic systems while purporting he and his VP are above any accountability from them!

What a narrow world view, to think that just because someone has taken the time to research all the changes to existing laws, new laws introduced and enacted, executive signing statements and orders, questional ethical and judicial scandals that have occured during the last eight years and come to the conclusion that Bush is to blame for the impending doom of America and those who have not also come to this conclusion are indeed complacent Americans really not too aware or caring about the future of America!

I stand by my comments, dig in to the Library of Congress and I guarantee you will no longer be just, "not a fan of Bush" but also a "basher" when you see what he has done during his terms. If you don't want to take the time to do that, then don't argue with me, because you have not seen the evidence that has formed my views that you have labeled as, "another example of a neo-liberal who cannot see past liberal-colored glasses and media programming."

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
that video got pulled down faster than a hookers panties at a frat party

no chance to see it

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Xmotex: I know what neoliberal means, but just like how the definition of "neocon" got screwed with by the DNC to mean "evil," I thought I'd help them out on twisting the definition of a new word.

pereceivedreality:

You have been successfully programmed by the media, all around you the media is instructing you to bash bush and blame him for - well - everything. And they've got you. You believe it hook line and sinker. The only network run by the RNC is Fox, your fellow liberals run CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc. While it is true Fox news is the republican network, all the rest of them program you into DNC talking points. And it seems to have worked very well, because your list of talking points comes straight from CNN and MSNBC talk show hosts.

I do not have to explain why I dislike George Bush to make you happy. But if it makes you feel better: because I don't believe in reckless spending of my tax money. Bush is not a fiscal conservative, he is a liberal and his spending is completely out of control and must be stopped. No, its not the "OMG GEORGE BUSH SUCKS HES RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG" that you may hope for, but I still don't like him.

You show that you have done no research, and your narrow worldview forces you to rabidly attack everyone who points out what your up to. Bush is a bad president, but beyond excessive stupidity in spending he has done no worse than any other. He was making fun of himself, and making fun of the media and the DNC. In case you didn't know, every President does the same. But THAT doesn't outrage you because...you've been programmed to have a seething irrational hatred for Bush. Those who think Bush is responsible for the "impending doom of America" are complacent Americans who cannot do real research and actually find out the real problems behind this country, they just follow along with the DNC party line.

I stand by my comments, dig in to the Library of Congress and I guarantee you will no longer be a foaming at the mouth bush basher but you WILL Democratic National Committee has programmed you when you see what they have done during Democratic terms. If you don't want to take the time to do that, then don't argue with me, because you have not seen the evidence that has formed my views that you have labeled as, "another complacent American."

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Nevermind!!!! Found One!!!!
Bush Sings

I know what I saw, and it made me Angry...

I hope somebody copies this before it gets yanked again.... And keeps it in rotation....

[edit on 11-3-2008 by StoneGarden]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Bush is beyond any hope of redemption. He represents the dark unenlightened selfish, narcissitic ego driven maniacs that are destroying this nation. Perhaps already have destroyed the nation beyond repair.

I cannot believe any sane person would support this lunatic yet they do??

I was talking to a working class conservative (oxymoron) today listening to his equivocating regarding repubs and dems. There is no way this guy is going to see that George has wrecked the country. No way. He is certifiable! George could come and personally gun down his family and f*ck him in the ass and he would say. "George is so romantic! I like him!"

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I don't know if this was posted yet... today, but the New York Times' Sheryl Gay Stolberg wrote an article about Georgie's Solo Career... lol

And who would have guessed... by the end of the article, you get the feeling that everyone in Washington is shrugging it off... GRRRRRR

Bush’s Surprise Serenade Hits YouTube - New York Times

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I kinda liked dubyas lil song n dance.
made me realise I was wrong.

See, I thought denial came from extreme depression and anxiety.
I imaged him not sleeping at night, sweating and pacing trying to figure out how to stop the senseless destruction of the Iraqi state...

but... obviously.. he's quite happy and content.

Now, does this anger muslims more?

You think that Iraqi mother standing at the funeral of her children is happy seeing bush smile, sing and dance?
What about the Afghan boy who lost his leg..

I think George should be showign a little more dignity and respect for the suffering he's causing.

still, this does make me smile, knowing the terrorists are probably sitting in their chanti hut, watching youtube and laughing, trying to figure out how they got so lucky, to have such an idiot, running the show to catch them.

His little jig reminded me of the texan cowboy from the simpson

'' yeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwww ''

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

You're impeaching a governor for being a 'John', but you won't impeach the president for erasing the constitution & lying us into war?... --Keith Olbermann

We have criminals in the highest positions of the US government, which laughs & sings about their crimes & conspiracies (but Eliot Spitzer's not singing about his controversial acts or crimes). So who really deserves to be punished?:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Cheney was still after Bush to exonerate Scooter, but didn't.

Bush did less and less with Cheney and perhaps some light bulbs
when on in his final days.

Ex-VP Dick Cheney outraged President Bush didn't grant 'Scooter' Libby full pardon

The unsuccessful full-court press left Cheney bitter. "He's furious with Bush," a Cheney source told The News. "He's really angry about it and decided he's going to say what he believes." He did just that the day after becoming a private citizen.

What the heck was he, an untouchable Illuminati citizen?

Gotcha back for taking over air space on 911 you oil bum,
vote for the alcohol car as payback to set Rocky's oil free
to spill by pirates for all we care.

new topics

top topics

join