It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Comet: after the impact clip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Did anyone stay up extreamly early last night to see the full program?
Im not much of a TV buff, however I can say Im very glad I stayed up till 6:30 in the morning watching this program!

I mean knowledge like this is priceless! Its extreamly important to us all!
If something like this was to go down, Im glad I know what I know now.
IF this played out like it did in the video I would be very dead. My family all turned into vapor. Yet the lifeclock will start ticking.
And those of you in places not so close to impact stand a chance of Surival. Tho all your tech is going to be worthless.. We will plung back into a new dark age. Prepare yourself with this knowledge.

The Fireball from inpact site will incenerate anything within 1000 mile area of effect. However being underground could prove to be a safe zone. Atleast until the fire ball was over, but at that point if you are near a coast, you are going to get huge floods, so timing is everything, and knowing the stages of the aftermath is a MUST know!

1. Impact will send out a ripple effect world wide EMP, rendering all machines worthless. Only old style cars will remain startable after this.
Fallout, burning rain.. And then the floods!

2. Impact will block out our sun.. If you are not underground during the heat up phase you will be incinerated by the extream heat.
If the floods dont get you, the heat will.

3. A new iceage will set in. Your only hope is to reach the coastal lines for any form of new towns, and settlements.
If the Floods, Burning sky dont get you. Then you will freeze to death!

4. The further inland you are the colder it will be.. Its said to be up to -50 below zero. Coastal areas will be atleast warm enough to stay alive, and rebuild human life. Tho it will be back to an age, where everything we have now is gone.. Life as we know it will end, and life a new will begin.

5. Get informed.. Know how it will go down. You do stand a chance to live threw this.. IF you know the stages..
I know many of you survival buffs will be able to add much to this thread.
I would like to here your story on how you are prepared for such an event.
This program was very well laided out, and extreamly helpful!

[edit on 10-3-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Having a plan in place is a great idea to have for any such event.
Canned foods will keep. As your fridge and freezers will become useless without power to keep your stuff from spoiling.

Having a place to dig yourself in.. Deep within the ground is the only safe bet for the first 10 days.

Water is key! And storing your supplies are extreamly important.
What good is your water and canned food if it goes up in flames along with your home.
Keep your supplies in the ground.. Keep them in a bunker if you one of the very few who have an underground bunker..
I do not have a bunker.. So for those of us who dont have access to such things. I would take a guess that if you bury some supplies somewhere that you can later dig them up, they will be safe.

But do know if you bury anything, it will be hard to locate, as the ground will be covered in ash, and will get very deep with ash. And becoming lost in your own neck of the woods is very likely to happen.
So know your location, becasue you wont be able to travle by stars, sun or moon. You will only be going on your wits. So having a plan ready will raise those chances that you will be able to use you're wits, and not be dead!

Every man for himself! Law will break down, and there is NO help comming. As the entire world will be a state of shock, and confusion.
Only those with this knowledge can get people together, and start anew.

Meeting up with strangers.. Naturely you will have those who survie to become looters and crimals.. Forming networks of gangs, and Guilds.
A good chance is to befriend anyone you come across.
Money is no good anymore, so offer them a can of food, or something in trade.
Remeber times like this, the only rich are those with food and water, shelter and guns. Money will not come back for some time.. Everything will go back to trade. Clothes, food, and goods. ect..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man spends all his life going to the best schools, getting into the best job in wallstreet. He is highly skill with numbers, and does the books for many huge firms all over the world!
He makes an easy 1.2 million a year. A lovely house, and a lovely family.
Everything is great in life this way.
However a man like this afterwards, would become useless in a sense.

A man spends all his life building houses, a craftsman for pure pleasure, handy man with handy tools, he is a fixer, and a builder. He works for really low pay makes about 25k a year.. Has a crappy house, and a family who rarely see their father, and is a ruff life to put food on the table.

This man will become rich by the standards of the new world. You see the point to this part is to know that much stanard stuff in life is only known by those who make it their life. But not to do as well as the guy who has no worldly talents, such as things before 1800's.

The Generations of 1900-2000 have lost some very critical information.
Most our children know nothing of how to use a plow, how to hunt for food, craft your own tools. Its been given to most of us and we are creatures of habbit. And an event like this would put me in a place where I would not only feel for myself, but every man woman and child here. I hope in my heart that we have something out there watching over us.
Maybe if there is an ET race, or many races, we wont have to worry about this kind of a doomsday. Yet thats more of my mind grasping at any hope. Laides and Gentalmen.. This is a real event that could change our lives.. I hope for the best, but I want to be extreamly ready, if I do live.
And then I see you out in the world after this, we can get together, and work with what we have. Im a great cook, and have that skill that makes me useful when things get started back. Cooks, craftsmen, hunters, warriors, Builders, and have knowledge of the past.. Most all books are going to be toast! The EMP just took out the internet. And our Library of alexandria will meet the same fate it did so long ago.

We will only have the knowledge thats left in our heads. We would have to rewrite everything, and prepare for the best.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Im just wondering if anyone else saw this program? I understand this subject has been talked about and laided out by many people here.
But this program had many details I never did know before.
So anyone else that might have seen this program feel free to chime in here and tell me what you think about the information this program laided out for us.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I did not see the show, but I've seen plenty similar show. One question is it really even feasible that we could even predict (with any kind of accuracy) the impact location?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yes. With the large radio telescope we have. We can pin poin the location of impact. However, it can only be known 2 weeks before impact.
The object has to be close enough to Earth to send radio band hitting and getting the information back to Earth.
Thats why I posted this video. The full program has tons of information that has never been said!
I know tons of people are like.. Man this has been talked about so much on here.. Why a whole new thread?
Well I can say this program had tons of knowledge in it that was never talked about. Such as using the large telescope to pinpoint the impact location. And much much more.. Sertinly something to check into with this program.

But there is no way to know where it will hit until time is almost to late to really do anything about it.

And Im sure those in places of power would keep this information private.
It would turn lawless very quickly in times like that. Panic and fear would grip the entire world. They are better off not saying anything at all. And just let it happen.

The key people would be taken into safe underground bases. Where there is enough food for years. Others would be flown to the Space stations to watch the effects it has on earth.
Yes theres more than one Space station. Some of the SSS where built for just such an event.
Those in power would see those with power keep it after the life clock starts ticking. Those of us without any real power would be left to die.

Such is life on Earth.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Just for a quick run down of this program.

It detailed much on every aspect. Land, water, and underground.
This program has much information that has not been brought up before.

However it did leave out some very important issues.
No one in this program had any guns.. Everyone was using sticks and very old style gear, weapons ect.

Now I do know that many firearms would not be rendered useless. And more so than anything I belive that those who did live and restart life would be very dependant upon firearms.

The governments would be safely in their underground bases until it was time for them to come out and try to control those still left.

All governments have big plans for an event such as this. You can bet they will be extreamly safe during the aftermath of a comet impact.

Yet only key people with the power will make sure they keep this power.
And most of that power would come from the remaining firearms left in this world.

I would highly suggest that with any supply cache that you keep. ITs a good idea to have firearms and ammo along with your food and water supply.
What good is your food and water if you are robbed by someone with a firearm.
While this event would plunge us into another dark age.. Many things that we have would give a clear advantage over those without firearms.

AT one time a quarter staff was at the peak of defense. If you knew how to properly use a quarterstaff you could fend of swords men, and pikemen alike. However a quarterstaff vs a 22 rifle, or hand gun would prove to be no trouble. Its only until you run out of bullets that you get back to even playing feild.

Thus this program did leave out the firearm problem we would face.
This program did overlook a couple details that have been covered in past threads.

But this thread main point was to talk about this program, and to try to break down the many sections where you could surive.

Being near a coast is bad news at the start.
Being near a coast is Good place to be after 1-3 months after impact.

Like for me living in florida, my only chance would be to hold up in the sewer systems. Until the massive fireball passed over..
Yet to stay in the underground sewer would be deadly..
As after the fireball.. I would need to hit the high ground. Becasue the big wave is comming my way.. So after I hold out underground.. Its important to know you have a small window of time to get to high ground to not get drowned!
After the massive floods, it would be important to get myself to the nearest shore and try to find a place to surive.
AS the coast areas will be the only place warm enough to keep on going.

Thus you have small windows of time that you must first understand the stages.. Then deal with each stage correctly.. Or it will be the death of you.

However over all, I think we are all pretty much screwed. If impact hits this Earth.. May you be blessed, and Ill see you the next time around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit later for more thoughts.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I saw SUPER COMET today too. Very very well done. Ralf Brasius produced. Original title was ARMAGEDDON THE LONGEST NIGHT. Why did title get change for USA market?

As for lifelock and the show, very powerful story.

JHave you ever heard about polar cities in the year 2500 for survivors of global warming? Take a look here. Email me if need more info

Danny

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i did watch this show but it was a couple weeks ago and i dont remember when things happened. i need more info on the show because im doing comets for my science project and i am using the show as my info source but on youtube there is only the first 10 min. i would need to know when the it was "raining fire" the small fire rocks or something like that. if you have the info could you please write it down.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by unka28
if you have the info could you please write it down.

Hello Unka28. The OP has most the infomation you need.

1. Impact will send out a ripple effect world wide EMP, rendering all machines worthless. Only old style cars will remain startable after this.

Fallout, burning rain.. And then the floods!

The burning rain will be part of the first steps.. And it really depends where the comet hits, and where you are at.
However most of these steps are detailed in the OP.

You can always send me a U2 and I would be happy to help you with your project.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Kan we even Predict where It will hit? And does anyone have a list of supplies that they would like to post?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

top topics

join