It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Somerset, England UFO (7/4/98) -- Another amazing piece of footage!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I originally saw this in Out of the Blue, been trying to find it on YouTube ever since. Here it is:

Very interesting!

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
that guy drives like an a-hole! LOL

But seriously, thats a good clip, ive watched it a couple of times and
have yet to figure out how it would be a hoax.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The visual expert concluded that it was there when filming, so that rules out CGI (I think
). It's probably the most genuine looking daylight footage I've seen. I've always wondered why this footage never got more play in UFO circles.
At least that's how it seems to me.

Peace

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The time stamp says 1998, I wonder what year the show was aired...

Skeptics would say that CGI effects have come a long way since then...
But if it really was recorded in '98, looks real to me...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I've seen this footage earlier in a show, but in that show if i remember correctly it was debunked, dont remember on what grounds though.

It's a nice find OP, been looking for this one

And it is one of the best in day light.
The film is consistent trough the entire encounter.

S&F!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This films seems very very similar to the one filmed in Southampton:

www.bbc.co.uk...

can anybody confirm is this is the same one or not?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Great footage dr. I thought I had seen about every ufo doc. out there, but I don't remember this. IMO, doesn't look at all faked to me and certainly is not 'clean' enough for CGI. I have to agree with the professional that the shaking and auto focusing certainly lends credibility.

S&F for finding it!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I wouldnt like to say for definate, But I watched a show not long ago about 2 men who built a flying saucer out of a large silver balloon with small motors on to control it and flew it for about the same amount of time over some feilds. The program and place I forget but I am sure someone here will remember it. The whole thing they made from custom parts and it was very very convincing.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well now...

I've not seen that film before, nor was I aware of it.

Nice find Doc

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
1st thing I thought when I saw it was - a very nice model!
After watching it again - I say very nice model and would love to have one.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by theukman
I wouldnt like to say for definate, But I watched a show not long ago about 2 men who built a flying saucer out of a large silver balloon with small motors on to control it and flew it for about the same amount of time over some feilds. The program and place I forget but I am sure someone here will remember it. The whole thing they made from custom parts and it was very very convincing.

remember that well, it was a great model

however if i remember rightly, that one was much lower to the ground and gently popped up behind some trees and then slunk down again. I dont think it managed to gain anything like the altitude of the object in this video. This looks more like a balloon to me if im honest

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is some really good footage! It looks real to me!
I say it's a keeper!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Excellent footage, this looks more real than most UFO videos, ive seen out of the blue, and dont remember seeing that one, thanks for posting this Dr.

I like the bit about why the UFO was there, hovering right near an Aeriel mast, with military radio communications at the top, emitting some sort of pulse, as described in the video.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Denied]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It looks like a parafoil kite side on.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
This films seems very very similar to the one filmed in Southampton:

www.bbc.co.uk...

can anybody confirm is this is the same one or not?

Well the op ufo is supposed to be Somerset the one in the link you posted is supposed to be Dorset two different albeit adjacent counties.

Southampton is in the county of Hampshire so sightings seem to be a little spread out if the location data is accurate, so matching them is difficult.

Source

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm having a real hard time finding anything on the internet about this sighting being proven a hoax. If anybody can help out it would be appreciated.

Peace

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
hi guys

as mentioned by another poster i think this is linked with the The Great British UFO Hoax, it was a program on Uk Channel 4 about some guys who built a ufo and flew it around Somerset and surrounding areas.

i will try to find a linky.

snoopyuk

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It might be an idea to try to ascertain if the photgrapher, Rod Dickinson, is not the same as the Rod Dickinson of crop circle making fame.

From our very own tinwiki :

John Lundberg, Wil Russell, Rob Irving and Rod Dickinson of England’s 'Circlemakers' have made crop circles for a National Geographic production, Richard & Judy, Big Brother, Shredded Wheat, Weetabix, Banzai, Microsoft, Nike, Greenpeace, NBC, Scope, The Levellers, History Channel, as well as numerous newspapers including The Guardian, Telegraph, Daily Mail, Independant. They contribute to and run the award winning web site www.circlemakers.org As artists they have been making the circles since the early nineties and continue making their annonymous art in public by covert nightime practice.

tinwiki.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If other posters are talking about the Channel 4 programme "A Very British UFO Hoax " then this has nothing to do with it.

Firstly the Somerset photo, if the report is correct, is dated 7/4/98 and the Channel 4 programme was aired 7/10/03.

Secondly they "flew" their ufo at night or at least dusk.

Thirdly the hoax ufo was in Avebury Wiltshire, another neighbouring county.

And lastly it would seem that after all the effort put in by the motion-picture SFX crew it was not particulalrly convincing, apparently there was a contingent from SUFOG there on the night, and they dismissed it as a hoax.

Here is an image of this helium filled ballon which probably does it more justice then it should as a still image does not convey the sound of the electric motors or its unsteady progress in a light breeze.

Source

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Interesting video and a very convincing explanation by the video & cgi expert from Lucasarts....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join