It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latin American crisis triggered by an assassination "Made in the USA"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

www.wsws.org

One would never guess that Washington had any role in the bloody events on the Colombian-Ecuadoran border. The Bush administration portrays itself—and is largely portrayed by a compliant media—as a selfless champion of democratic values and faithful ally of the people’s of the southern hemisphere.

The facts, however, tell another, far uglier story. The three Andean nations have been brought to the brink of war by a brutal and cold-blooded political assassination carried out to further the interests of US imperialism at the expense of the Colombian people and the population of the entire region.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The US had tried and failed to take out Hugo Chavez. They backed and funded a coup in the past that ended the civilian government for unelected one. All because US wants everyone to dance to their tune. Chavez refuses to follow american idiologies and allow a free run for american companies to run oil rich Venezuela and profit to benefit america and to hell with the Venzuelan people.

They have managed to create a very huge gap between rich and poor in other south american countries. To achieve that, they backed and funded dictators. As happened in Chile, Panama and others, where a lot of people where tortured and killed for the sake of american business and wealth.

www.wsws.org

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well at least we are making *something* in the USA.

I'm so tired of seeing made in china, bulgaria, malaysia, etc.

I'm not really too concerned about what it is we are making, as long as we are making something!

Thanks for the post... this lifts my spirits a bit more today.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attari

www.wsws.org

One would never guess that Washington had any role in the bloody events on the Colombian-Ecuadoran border. The Bush administration portrays itself—and is largely portrayed by a compliant media—as a selfless champion of democratic values and faithful ally of the people’s of the southern hemisphere.

The facts, however, tell another, far uglier story. The three Andean nations have been brought to the brink of war by a brutal and cold-blooded political assassination carried out to further the interests of US imperialism at the expense of the Colombian people and the population of the entire region.

Cold blooded political assasination?.

With all due respect have you seen Reyes´Interpol file?.

Give me a break!!

The operation was carried out by Colombian military, there was no U.S. hand in it. The Colombians have explained hundreds of times how they did it. It was possible in part by the new brazilian planes that Colombia bought a little while ago. Even before the Colombians publicly stated how the did it, analysts in Brazil had already explained how this kind of operation could be carried out. The Colombian government had tried to kill this terrorist several times before, and never had any luck, to succeed in this kind of operation there are a lot of elements that have to come together, it just isn´t like someone gives the order and voila.

When it became known that Reyes was dead people in all parts of colombia began to celebrate, I even saw people dancing on the streets, I have never heard anyone express sadness, regret or lament his death, he was a hated terrorist, the FARC have no sympathy in Colombia, please check your facts!!.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Camilo1]

top topics

join