It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Ten Commandments Simply Symbolize DNA?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is a very interesting thread. I was pondering on stuff like this for a while now. I think that the comparisons are very striking from a certain point of view. (E.G.) Someone who really believes that DNA and Religion has a connection.
-Great thread~!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Then to find the true, complete, and powerful name of God, all you'd have to do is figure out which letter of the Tetragrammaton goes with each base, then read it out. [edit on 11-3-2008 by Nohup]

Maybe the name of God numericaly is the MASTER CODE.! It is unspeakable.

This is skunkworks! Push it to the limit!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
This is skunkworks! Push it to the limit!

Right on!

Kabbalistically, the Tree of Life design of the sefiros does sort of resemble the DNA structure, but only in the way that all ancient Trees of Life symbols do (ie, symbolically). However, since each sefira represents an aspect not only of one's soul, but also one's personality and one's physical body - which sounds a bit more like DNA, do you think? These sefiros also represent the 'body' of God (or at least that bit He chooses to let us think we can know), so maybe understanding DNA is in fact not a way to understand humans better, but God? Of course, the system of sefiros, etc., is actually fantastically more complicated than the representation I've given above, but sort of complex in the way DNA is, when I think about it. I tend to think of DNA as a clue to understanding Torah better, though, not the other way round. The "real" world is the metaphor for God and the Bible, not the other way round, in my mind.

Edited for all my stupid typos, as usual

[edit on 12/3/2008 by rexpop]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rexpop

An interesting concept.... I like the idea of dna being a code of creation...

Gonna look into it.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well, it really is all speculation, and not well thought-out, speculation either. I was just typing as I was thinking, really. I kinda like the automatic way ideas evolve in that medium, and it allows discussions to grow and branch off in nebulous and exciting ways, like brainstorming, that a strict THESIS->ANTITHESIS->SYNTHESIS model really just kills.

EDIT: kudos on getting the 23rd post in this thread, too, Mr Lizard

[edit on 12/3/2008 by rexpop]

<< 1   >>

join