It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed Bill to Stop Anonymity Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
www.wtvq.com...

From news Article

Kentucky Representative Tim Couch filed a bill this week to make anonymous posting online illegal.

This is without a doubt the funiest thing i've ever seen and it shows the ignorance of law makers in regards to the internet. What exactly is there to prevent me entering someone elses name and address? Or simply making something up?

ATS should be aware of this because pretty much everyone here posts anonymously. I personally enjoy my views being anonymous because it means i don't have to worry about someone taking something i have said in a very wrong way and then tracking me down to my address and causing trouble. Lets face it, we all annoy someone at some point whether it's intentional or not.

The scary side of this is that it's yet another move in the attempt to stop the power of the internet. People think that what happens online doesn't have much of an impact on politics, but the internet is the true embodiment of freedom of speech. We here can say anything we like about politics or conspiracys without fear of retribution (other than the sharp tongues of some well informed people).

It is also the place you can get the real truth, and i don't just mean conspiracy related subjects i mean the truth about politics. The history of a politician, how they've voted in the past, what they may have said years ago. Corporations can't hide their crimes here, people can make them very public very quickly.

I hope everyone reads up about net neutrality and anonymity, it is as vital to free society as the right to vote.

new topics

join