It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Santa-Clausian (even about the paranormal)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
By request from my desire to point out how ridiculous blind faith is, I'm opening this thread to give an opportunity for anyone to ask any questions of me as a believer. The paranormal connection comes in with a person's relationship with Santa Claus and the wisdom imparted from that source. A Santa-Clausian has no secret knowledge, but rather practical application of existing knowledge and a variety of tools that typically go used. The forum is open, let's have some insightful discussion.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
How many glases of brandy can St Nick handle before it all goes a bit funky? Is driving/flying easy when you're a bit tippled?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Isn’t it true, that when you were a child you had great hope every year that Santa would bring you the toys you desired? You never doubted he existed, you simply believed and knew, regardless, every year, he would show up, proving himself by leaving you gifts under the tree? But, as time passed, and as you grew, you began to listen to all the stories around you and all the facts presented to you refuting your faith in this man, the same man, who as a child you never questioned regarding his existence. And now, look where you have arrived, an adult, one who knows better, more so, than even still, the same child today, who shares that same hope you once cherished. If that faith, you once had as a child, should show you anything regarding what true faith is, it is the fact to never let go of what you are convinced of within your heart.

Now, apply the faith you once had as a child. to those you define by blind faith, and you will discover the difference:

And (Jesus) said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:3)

So just imagine, if you had that much faith in someone who didn’t exist, then hopefully you can understand the faith of those who are convinced regarding of someone who indeed exists.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
By request from my desire to point out how ridiculous blind faith is, I'm opening this thread to give an opportunity for anyone to ask any questions of me as a believer. The paranormal connection comes in with a person's relationship with Santa Claus and the wisdom imparted from that source. A Santa-Clausian has no secret knowledge, but rather practical application of existing knowledge and a variety of tools that typically go used. The forum is open, let's have some insightful discussion.

In terms of providing insights, I thought of this after reading your post here and in another discussion where the subject of demons got brought up. I think that it is easy to say that when someone has a belief another person doesn't share, those beliefs are seen as "blind faith." Someone else's actual subjective experiences and interpretations of those experiences might seem preposterous to others. Also, I think it is a fallacy to conclude that someone can't be both "faithful" in the existence of something, while also being able to apply critical thinking processes and logical reasoning. That being said, I think that "blind faith" can be damaging if it leads to violence, intolerance, hypocrisy, or arrogance.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
|---ATHEIST TROLL---|

This thread is a conspicuous spoof of the thread Ask a Christian (even about the paranormal). This thread is nothing more than a reworded rip-off. Completely pointless and worthless thread. Atheists can't even come up with their own original ideas.

Atheists need to get a life. We don't run around malls ripping beards off of Santa Clauses like atheists trashing someone's faith.

Get a grip. Get a life. Go outside and get some fresh air. It will do you a world of good. Find your own interests and quit attacking others.

THESIST STALKERS THAT is what you people remind me of. Theist stalkers.

TROLL

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Snoopy64]

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Snoopy64]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Santa doesn't bother you dave because you are sure about him.

Jesus bothers you hmmm dave?

That's why you spend so much time trying to discredit faith right dave?

Faith isn't necessarily blind either. My Christian faith has mountains of evidence to support it. My changed life being the most important evidence I'll ever need.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Oh Looky!! Everybody! It's Christian bashing Dave here to do what?

You guessed it, attempt to yet again find some back door way to bash Faith, then hopefully the faithful will mount an attack where Dave and his minions will lay us all out with "critical thinking and "logic" !

Meanwhile, while they are so obsessed with shifting into the logic side of their brains left hemisphere, the right creative side, (sorry it IS the creation side and not the evolution side) or right brain Atrophy and gets more neglected. The logical side having no ability to sympathize, allows this process to continue. What we end up with is the Atheist who confuse morality for oppression and justice for bigotry. Right from wrong starts getting foggy, they lose their objectivity and the perception of logic is so askew they have no middle ground between a right and left brain to gauge where they are lost.

Oh well I guess it gets to the point where what we are dealing with are people using half a brain.

That isn't meaning to insult,

It's just to give cause.

for concern

Love Con

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy64

This thread is nothing more than a reworded rip-off. Completely pointless and worthless thread. Atheists can't even come up with their own original ideas.

You are absolutely correct snoop! Do you know why they have to copy the creative efforts of those who believe that creation comes from the creators in life? Because they can't make the nexus between their own logic and the dogma of their religion of atheism.

Since the right hemisphere of the brain, the side we have for such spiritual observed facts that bring about culture, music, human insight into areas of caring sympathy and other things like love, explains why love is just sex anymore amd sex with nothing more than the main objective attached.. That being getting their needs met. Thats all.

Therefore, the more you see atheism get popular,, the more you can expect to see more of THIS.

Really sad when you think about it, Atheism has its own self destructive meme to it. In cases where we have seen them succeed in getting rid of spiritual people like Christians, MILLIONS have died.

Is there a connection to Atheism?

Well yes and naturally, they wanted a communist state government using a communist state political goals and obectives.

This is one of the reasons we see so many Atheists wanting the NWO to take shape. They call it Fascism because they don't know the differnce between Fascism or Big business running Government and Communism where Government runs Big business.

When you can't tell which it is, and they are both in bed with each other so to speak what we have then is the last days before the new one world government takes place and a one world religion too.

Another words Generation Atheist

The anti christ, and don't let the name fool you,, Atheists are not only anti religion but more than anything else,,

they are anti christ

- Con

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey

Now, apply the faith you once had as a child. to those you define by blind faith, and you will discover the difference:

And (Jesus) said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:

Yep and that IS the only way to prove God exists, but what is so ironic,, is THEY WON'T DO IT. They argue for evidence and when you tell them how to see it how to get to it where to dig,, they refuse it.

That shoots their burden of proof byte down the toilet doesn't it.

I have a burden of proof,,

they have a fear of

the truth

- Con

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy64
|---TROLL---|

This thread is a conspicuous spoof of the thread Ask a Christian (even about the paranormal). This thread is nothing more than a reworded rip-off. Completely pointless and worthless thread. Atheists can't even come up with their own original ideas.

Agreed. Dave420 has spent several days posting in threads doing nothing more than mock people for their beliefs and yet providing no evidence of his own.

All of your arguing to the contrary Dave420 is only disproven by the fact that EVERY SINGLE THREAD I have seen you post in is simply you MOCKING other people.

I think the 420 is having some serious side effects Dave, might be time to cut back on the smoking.

new topics

top topics

join