It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Codex, The Grail and the 10 Commandments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Those familiar with Graham Hancock's 'The Sign and the Seal' will have a bit of a head-start with this. In his book, Hancock presents three concepts key to this post.

Firstly, that the the Ark of the Covenant, which is meant to (have) carried the Ten Commandments as written by God and bestowed upon Moses, could be synomynous with the Holy Grail.

Secondly, Hancock notes the rise of advanced gothic architecture around the same time that the Templar Knights may have been seeking the Grail/Ark. In this way, we are presented with the suggestion that the secrets held within the Ark could actually be indicative of Geometrical knowledge.

Thirdly, the similarities between Moses and the Egyptian Osiris are acknowledged. Etymologically, the word 'Moses' has its roots in the combining of the Egyptian word 'Mou' - meaning water, and 'eses' - meaning those who are saved. Thus 'Mou-eses' translates as 'saved from water', and may have little value when describing a person specific to one legend only.

These three points indicate a strong link between sacred geometry, Freemasonry and the early 'gods' of Egypt:

- Freemasons as an extension of the Templar Knights.
- The geometrical and architectual innovations that occured at the time of the Templar Knights.
- The Templar Knight's relentless search for the Grail.
- The similarities between the Grail and the Ark of the Covenant.
- The Ark that carried the Ten Commandments given to Moses by 'God.
- The link between Moses and Egypt, Osiris imparticular.

So it seems logical to me that the secrets of the 'Grail' hail all the way back to early Ancient Egypt. And this is where my own little bit of speculation comes in. Whenever I thought of the 'Ten Commandments' given to Moses, I couldn't help but think of the 'Codex' that Scott Creighton mentions so often:

They (the temples) were built according to an architectural plan which was supposed to have been revealed in a codex that fell from the heavens at Saqqara in the days of Imhotep." Aldred 'The Egyptians'

Now it might seem like a bit of a jump to compare the stone tablets that were marked with ten moral rules by God with an ancient set of instructions on how to incorporate profound geometrical information into the building of temples and structures. However, I've always felt that the Bible should very much not be taken at face value. Moses may have received 'the word of God' at Mount Sinai, but perhaps the idea of ten written rules is an embellishment or misinterpretation of events - perhaps accidentally or deliberately to hide the true nature of this 'Holy Grail'.

Could not the vital information encoded into the Giza complex be the true 'word of God(s)'? Could not the Holy Grail, the Ark of the Covenant and the Giza Codex be one and the same thing? Could this codex (have) held within it the most vital knowledge known to all mankind? Could this knowledge be the ultimate focus of such Secret Societies as the Freemasons (thus explaining their emphasis on both Geometry and God)?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The holy grail may refer to the dodecahedron. The dodecahedron, when stellated and completely constructed as a system of interconnected vertices, is composed of 1,000 line segments.

1,000 is the highest number in the ancient hebrew numbering system. The completely interconnected star dodecahedron contains the edges of 22 platonic solids, as there are 22 letters in the alphanumeric system.

And, there are many correspondences to the tree of life, which is central to Kabbalah, the ancient system of Jewish mysticism...

See my webpage at:

www.theosopher.com

Best regards,

Vincent

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Hello Cythraul,

Good to hear from you as always.

The Sign and the Seal is one of the few books of Graham's that I have yet to get around to reading but I do understand the jist of what you are saying. It's an intriguing prospect.

As you know, I speculate that this codex the Ancient Egyptians speak of was perhaps a granite model of the Giza complex which the later Egyptians of the 4th Dyansty made manifest. The original designers of the codex might not actually have realised that their descendents would actually construct a full-scale "replica" of their model at Giza. The information in the codex is what was important to pass down.

This model or codex would have depicted the Orion Belt stars and their precessional motion over some 13,000 years (the precessional 'pendulum swing' if you like) at their minimum and maximum culmination - two important pivotal moments in the long-term motion of these stars. The minimum culmination of the Belt Stars took place c.10,500BCE as pointed out by Bauval via the Queens Pyramids of Menkaure who then went on to suggest the reason for this was to "freeze in time" the moment of Zep Tepi - the ancient Egyptain mythical First Time of Osiris. What Bauval sees in this arrangement of the structures at Giza is essentially a memorial to this past event.

However, as I pointed out to Bauval, the Giza structures ALSO indicate the FUTURE DATE of c.2,500CE when the Belt Stars are at their maximum culmination as expressed in the arrangement of the Queens' Pyramids of Khufu. We must question Bauval's view that the Giza structures are simply "harking back" to the mythical "First Time" when the AE civilisation was supposedly founded.

If we are being shown a past date (c.10,500BCE) AND a future date (c.2,500CE) then the structures at Giza are doing MORE than simply reflecting a mythical past event. What we are seeing here at Giza is a clock - a cycle of time, pinpointing two particular moments in time that occur around the time of the max and min culminations of Orion's Belt.

The question is WHY? Why are the ancients indicating these two pivotal moments of Orion? The research I have recently undertaken with author, Gary Osborn, might tell us the "why". You can read this in these two articles:

The Great Pyramid and the Axis of the Earth - Part 1
www.grahamhancock.com...

The Great Pyramid and the Axis of the Earth - Part 2
www.grahamhancock.com...

It may in fact be pointing to a cycle of some kind – perhaps even a cycle of some kind that has the potential to adversely affect the Earth.

A cycle of potential cataclysm? Is this such a wild idea? Not if you actually read between the lines of Egyptian religious ideas of the 'Afterlife'. The pyramid is built in preparation of the Pharaoh’s Afterlife – it is the “vehicle” through which the Pharaoh can reach the Afterlife. What I see, however, is an ancient oral tradition (a message that was passed down with the codex model) that has become corrupted and embellished and finally taken the form of a religious ideology. The original oral tradition or “message” might have been something much simpler:

“When Sah (Orion) rises and falls (max and min culmination) the Earth may tilt and great floods may come. Be prepared for these danger times. Get yourself to the high ground (the pyramid mound) and ensure that you have prepared many provisions (Pharaoh's food stores) and that you keep ready many boats (pyramd boat pits). For only by doing these things might you be able to survive the arduous journey through the flooded world (the Duat) and survive into (the Afterlife).”

Sound familiar?

Did the Templars find this model or codex? It's an interesting idea. When life is destroyed and the Earth is "cleansed" and has to begin again, then these "commandments" would be akin to the "gods" who apparently brought civilisation (and morality) to early humans. This would be a way of ensuring that the "moral code" was never lost each time Earth had to "start over" with each cycle of the Orion precessional clock.

Food for thought.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thanks for your comprehensive reply Scott. I made this thread 9 months ago and had lost hope in anyone replying to it. I'll go through your post properly tomorrow, though I'm sure it does offer food for thought.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
here's an ark theory to try out.

world's first meth lab?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
wow that is fascinating!

the ark must be the answer to all knowledge since humans are stupid. i mean when i was in anatomy class i wish i had an ark to tell me what to do.

this is a joke right? your drawing conclusions that the ark handed from god contained some geometry? i guess the romans stole it to build the aqueducts which are precise. seriously everyone thinks in the past we were savages and are incapable of learning. while this may be true for 99% of the human population the rest of us 1%ers are the ones advancing the sphere of knowledge and building the world of tomorrow.

also hey the ark is false and not real. its a biblical account. there are no actual historical records of any of these battles where some object showed up and started shooting lightning bolts at people or gave one size a tactical edge. this kind of nonsense is what I call the decay of creative thought. when their isnt an answer for something just blame it on god. god is not a crutch for morons to use when they cant figure out how stuff works like grabity, god is meant for faith and not fact. their allegories and stories that are not literal. Whats next are people going to start worshiping fortune cookies?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

The Sign and the Seal is one of Graham Hancock's books that I have not read yet. I have read many other books on the subject of The Holy Grail and they seem to conclude that it was not a cup, but the bloodline of Jesus.

I also have read that Freemasons are the modern descendants of the Knights Templar (Scottish Rite mainly), and they also were heavy on Egyptian symbols. There is also some theories that state Moses was actually an Egyptian pharaoh, namely Ahkenaten.

The Ark of the Covenant was made of pure gold, and that would of made it a great conductor of electricity and very heavy to move.

I will put the book on my wish list.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I highly recommened it kidflash. If nothing else it's just higely entertaining and inspires some great theories and ideas.

new topics

top topics

join