It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you tell Right from Wrong Evolutionists?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
To the OP: I can tell right from wrong because I have a brain capable of logic, reason, and deduction. Imagine the earliest men on earth. One day one gets mad at the other, and shoves a spear through his throat. At first he's satsified, but then he shortly realizes that there's one less person hunting,defending, and in general carrying their own weight. He and other people in his little tribe will suffer because their numbers are weakened. So the next time he goes to shove a spear through somebodies throat, maybe he'll think twice. And maybe the other people in this tribe saw this happen and noted the effect. Don't kill people because the effect it has on you may not be good. No God or religion required.Understanding cause and effect and pattern recognition are typical basic human functions, and have been around longer than religion.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Wow...I don't have much to say here, so I'll leave it at this..if you think killing is wrong, you need to re-read your book, my friend. The Old Testament, specifically. There is nothing but killing in that section of the bible.

Oh, I forgot - it's ok when it's in the name of God. Or if someone works on the Sabbath. Or if someone commits adultery. Or if someone simply disagrees with you.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by optimistic skeptic

id say you need to reread the entire bible and understand what was going on rather than bashing something you have no understanding of.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

arent you assuming that they too had a brain capable of logic, reason, and deduction? you are assuming way too many things already about your so-called primative man. you are assuming they had enough logic to sustain their survival and the only evidence you have is the assumption that because we (humans) are here, that they must have existed based on the other assumption that we are descendants of them.

sounds like a fairy tale.

it makes much more sense to believe that we were given, built, designed with brains as intelligent as these. intelligence does not grow on its own without outside intelligence acting upon it.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Methuselah

i call infinite recursion and BS

we have evidence that primitive man could make tools and do a lot of other neat-o things

...and the development of intelligence requiring the intervention of evidence creates infinite recursion....
so...um....yeah.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah
reply to post by Gigatronix

arent you assuming that they too had a brain capable of logic, reason, and deduction? you are assuming way too many things already about your so-called primative man. you are assuming they had enough logic to sustain their survival and the only evidence you have is the assumption that because we (humans) are here, that they must have existed based on the other assumption that we are descendants of them.

sounds like a fairy tale.

it makes much more sense to believe that we were given, built, designed with brains as intelligent as these. intelligence does not grow on its own without outside intelligence acting upon it.
Dogs are capable of logic deduction and reason, I dont see any reason why early man couldnt manage the same. Early man built the first wheel, made the first fire, the first tools, the first language the first art, oh yeah and the first religion, I'm pretty sure they had some wits about them. We don't become intelligent without outside intelligence acting upon us? Duh, its called your environment. You learn by experience. Not every tribe of early man survived, not every tribe of early man was successful, but enough were that we continued to populate. You want to believe God was responsible? Thats fine with me, just dont call what I believe a fairy tale, lest you find your own beliefs assualted.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
OP: I can tell right from wrong because, if I act in a way that society does not approve, society will punish me. It's in my best interests not to be punished, so I don't do socially unacceptable things.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join