It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix, Could It Happen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I think this is a great topic. I mean we are getting little advances that show that we are moving in this direction.

The original post get's you thinking, what if we already are. What if somehow our science had at some point in the past advanced where you could live virtually and not even be aware? What if we really were outside of our physical beings somewhere else?

I have been reading those articles about people moving things with just their minds, or playing video games with just their minds, pretty soon the interfaces will be so real, someone will be able to get caught up in some of those virtual worlds and not even distinguish them from the real.

All the original poster is asking us to do is question if this could have already happened without us being aware. Could this world in fact be more like the Matrix dream world and we don't really know it?

I think it's a great post and I hope people will give it some good contributions, cause the Original Poster is making a great effort and I think this is an intellegent place where we can have postings like this, and intellegent and relavant contributions.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This might not really have anything to do with the topic, but I just read two articles. One where scientist think that they can see though the eyes of a person, and the other about brain scanning where they know the thought you are thinking, or rather soon will, and they also want to be able to record your dreams and memories and access them whenever they wish to. It's interesting stuff and I don't see any reason why at some point we could not be connected as describe in the movie. Anyways here are some links to the articles.

www.wired.com...
Can you tell me what I am looking at is the title of the first link. It talks about seeing though the eyes of an individual.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The second talks about mapping your dreams and memories. Interesting stuff.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
I apologize for my lack of activity here, and I ask for your patience. I am suffering some allergies. Please continue to discuss among yourselves. I will return as soon as possible. Sizzle

new topics

<< 1   >>

join